- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 4 edition (May 30, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0132391643
- ISBN-13: 978-0132391641
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.4 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #825,752 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Breves cuentos hispanos (4th Edition) 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover," illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Breves cuentos hispanos offers intermediate Spanish students twelve enjoyable, short, and challenging stories. Each story is accompanied by a series of varied activities including grammar review, vocabulary development, and comprehension, discussion, and opinion questions. The fourth edition contains eight new stories by Elena Poniatowska, Horacio Quiroga, Ramón Luis Acevedo, Rosa Montero, Dinorah Cortés-Vélez, Alfredo Bryce Echenique, Carmen Laforet, and Reinaldo Arenas.
· An introduction entitled “How to Read a Foreign Language” suggests strategies and hints for a successful foreign-language reading experience.
· Pre- and post-reading activities foster better reading skills.
· Author biographies include a brief history of the period setting the stage for the accompanying reading.
· Discusión y opinions sections ask students to share their experiences and opinions regarding each story and its cultural contents.
About the Author
Eufemia Sánchez de la Calle is an Associate Professor of Spanish at the department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at Marquette University in Milwaukee, where she has taught since receiving her Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1990. She is the author of Isaac Montero: pionero de la narrativa española contemporánea, She has contributed numerous articles on narrative, film, and drama to professional journals.