Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 44% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer
|Price:||$129.95 Amazon Prime | Fast, FREE Shipping with|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cool Zone Technology prevents excess burning and extends oil life
- Mesh filter minimizes cooking odors
- Stainless steel frying basket and cooking bowl are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Electronic thermostat allows oil to rapidly recover back to desired frying temp
- 4 quart oil capacity and a 2.5 pound frying basket capacity
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10.5 x 15 x 11 in||13.7 x 18.3 x 14.8 in||12 x 19.3 x 13.6 in||18.25 x 12.75 x 12.5 in|
|Item Weight||8.6 lbs||12.4 lbs||11.8 lbs||11.5 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
The Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer 4 Quart Deep Fryer is the first deep fryer with technology that adjusts time and temperature to suit what you're cooking with 7 preset functions. Some foods such as French Fries need to be fried at a higher temperature for longer. While calamari requires a lower temperature for a shorter time. Simply select what you are cooking and this smart appliance will deliver the right temperature at just the right time. The Smart Fryer also includes a twice-fried function for restaurant quality French Fries and makes adjustments for fresh or frozen ingredients. And the custom setting allows you to program your favorite dish.
Top Customer Reviews
Over the years we have owned several fryers, but never found one that stood up to what we were looking for in an appliance. Either they did not get hot enough or they were a pain to clean or the failed after a few uses... it was always something. Inevitably, we would return to either pan or Dutch ovens for frying over the range. This was no picnic either as it was way too difficult to maintain a constant temperature. So how did we come about this unit from Breville?
Recently, our toaster oven of many years finally died on us. In our search for a replacement we ended up with the Breville Smart Oven and it is awesome! We were so impressed with the quality and performance of the toaster oven that we decided to take a gamble on the Smart Fryer. And boy was this a good bet. The fryer is every bit as well thought out as its cousin the oven and it is extremely well made too. I have to hand it to the folks at Breville - they seemed to have figured out how to make a top notch, reasonably priced product.
As for the fryer... It comes in 6 pieces: outer shell, inner hopper, heating element, cover, basket and power cord. This is a great set up when it comes time to disassemble and clean. Assembled it is a sturdy unit that holds a generous 1 gallon of oil. The lid fits snugly on top and does a great job controlling the steam. The heating element quickly gets the oil to temperature and best of all... keeps it there. Even when you load in a good portion of chicken, it quickly recovers the temperature drop and holds it without a tremendous over shoot.Read more ›
First, the pros:
1. Unlike a lot of other fryers, this one actually maintains temperature and is accurate when compared to a candy thermometer; the issue that some fryers appear to have with the temperature probe being too close to the heating elements causing a 30°- 40° F. differential between the stated temperature and the actual temperature is not present in this fryer, and the oil doesn't have to be stirred to bring it up to temp. And even better, the 1800 Watt heating element maintains the temperature well; I saw only a very quick drop of 60° F. and then back to 375° F. within 54 seconds when I dropped in 2.5 pounds of wings that were at refrigerator temperature.
2. The controls are easy to use and the display easy to read.
3. Cleanup was a breeze.
4. Pouring the oil through a strainer was easy because the lip around the oil bucket keeps the oil from running down the side.
1. I have never seen a feature on any kitchen appliance that I despise more than the magnetic connection for the power cord. It takes so little to break the connection that a slight bump will dislodge it and the cord must by lying on the counter top or it will fall off under its own weight. To the designers: Kitchen appliances are tools, and in ANY tool, FORM MUST FOLLOW FUNCTION! Yes, the mag-connect is a cool feature, ON BLUETOOTH HEADSETS, not on a kitchen appliance, especially one containing hot grease and in a cooking area, where the end of the plug may fall into spilled liquid and cause someone to be electrocuted.Read more ›
The controls for temperature and timer give you complete control over your cooking. Even though it comes with pre-set temp and timer values for some common foods (fries, fish, wings, calamari, and donuts), both the temp and the timer can be easily changed for each setting. Or you may use the "Custom" setting to set any temperature (in 5 degree increments) and timer values you like. Any settings you change will be retained and become the new default setting the next time you use it. So if you often cook wings, for instance, set the timer and temp how you like it for wings and then you never have to set them again whenever you cook wings even if you have cooked other things using the other pre-set and custom settings.
The best feature about the pre-sets is the "FRIES TWICE-FRIED" setting.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Breville small appliances are excellent. This deep fryer heats up quickly and cooks with very little oil on the food. It is new but so far so good. Read morePublished 3 months ago by gary merrill
I would give this fryer a -10 been through 3 of them and only used them a few times each and it won't turn on . Read morePublished 3 months ago by A. Parr
After using this unit for just about a year, the temperature control just quit. It will not heat up past 195 degrees and it will not even allow me to program a higher temperature. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
A serious leap backwards from Breville's previous model. Junky Chinese manufacturing. The controller logic chip must have been originally meant for some other device, because it... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mark B
This item was delivered on time and as advertised. Very happy with this purchase and would buy again.Published 7 months ago by TOP