Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Food Processor, Silver
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12-cup cap; BPA-free plastic work bowl;Safety Braking System
- Large 5"-wide feed chute eliminates need to precut most ingredients
- Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing
- 1000 Watt induction motor offers great versatility and power in a compact size
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Breville Sous Chef 12
Food preparation has never been easier. Three feed chute options for precise results. The 5” large feed chute is wide enough for potatoes, or zucchini. The 2 ¾” mid feed chute offers greater control when processing medium size ingredients. The 1 ½” mini feed chute prevents long thin ingredients like carrots from tipping over during slicing. The adjustable slicer has 24 setting settings from paper thin (0.3mm) to thick cut (8.0mm) to customize and create restaurant quality precision cuts saving you time. A heavy duty 1000 watt induction motor, built like no other.
- 12 cup dry capacity
- 8 1/2 cup liquid capacity
- Variable speed settings
- Push-in cord storage
- High impact BPA-free bowl
- Stainless steel spindle
- Non-slip feet
- Stainless Steel Spindle
- Micro-Serrated S-Blade
- Adjustable Slicer with 24 settings
- Reversible Shredder
- Dough Blade
- Large Chute 5” (13cm)
- Medium Chute 2 ¾” (7cm)
- Mini Chute 1 ½” (4cm)
Compare with similar items
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
Cuisinart FP-12DCN Elite Collection 2.0 12-Cup Food Processor, Die Cast
Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor Ultra Quiet Powerful motor, includes 7 Attachment Blades + Chopper and Citrus Juicer , Made in Europe with German Engineering
Breville BSB530XL the All In One Processing Station
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Royal Kitchen||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Silver||Silver Die Cast||White||Graphite & Silver|
|Item Dimensions||8.5 x 7.5 x 17 in||10.25 x 8 x 17.75 in||16.6 x 12.6 x 9.3 in||13.25 x 18.75 x 11.5 in||14.9 x 11.3 x 15.4 in||11 x 7.5 x 11 in|
|Item Weight||15.9 lbs||26 lbs||18 lbs||19 lbs||9.8 lbs||5.8 lbs|
|Material Type||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic||18/8 Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||12 Cup||n/a||14 Cup||12-Cup||FP includes 7 Blades||Full Size|
Breville Sous Chef 12 Food Processor handles everything from slicing vegetables, grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The bowl is designed in such a way as to not have a hole in the middle of it. Yes, that's right. You no longer have to worry about spilling food through the hole when transferring it out of the bowl.
2) The food chute has THREE different sizes, including a very small hole that is perfect for holding carrots. Additionally, the smallest hole tube is a measuring cup, because why leave it as a useless piece of plastic?
3) The blade sits very low to the bottom, allowing you to process small quantities of food easily, even in the 12 cup bowl.
4) There is cord storage built into the machine, so you don't have to find a place to stash the cord.
5) The slicing disk offers you 30 different widths for slicing, not just 5 or 6 key slices.
6) The bowl and the lid twist on--no pesky trying to get everything snapped perfectly in place in order to trigger all the right safety mechanisms and get the machine going.
7) Perhaps the greatest example of thoughtfulness is the hole in the plug. There is a finger hole in the plug to make it easy to unplug. I know that seems unimportant, but it is a great example of just how much thought was put into the design.
As for how it works... As I said, it can process a large and a small quantity of food easily. Just to test it out, I placed a whole, uncut onion in and pulsed. It somehow managed to get it all diced perfectly. I also made homemade chocolate hazelnut butter. I was impressed with how quickly it ground the nuts and began to release their oil. I also only had to stop once to scrape down the sides, and that was right at the very beginning. I am very happy with my purchase, and I'm glad I spent the extra money to get something that has such an intuitive design and that works so precisely and quickly.
For starters, looking at this machine fully assembled, it has a quality well-built look to it with smooth precise lines and ergonomic appeal that does not intimidate. It has the same three buttons its predecessor (Cuisinart 7-cup) had but that seems to be where the similarities end.
My wife chops, slices, grates, and blends with this device while my use of it is pretty much limited to making almond butter and peanut butter. This Breville does a great job with nut butters in a couple of minutes.
Sliding the top either clockwise to lock it or counterclockwise to open it tells you this is a better class of food processor. Movement is precise, smooth, and easy. Every piece fits well.
The main blade storage unit is very well thought out too. Once removed from a processing job, it can be placed in the blade storage unit dirty and then the whole thing (storage unit and blade) washed, dried, and stored for next use without ever touching the steel blades. The slicer blade provides adjustable thickness, which was new to us, and the shredder blade is a familiar older design. A removable spindle must be in place for any blade to spin, which is a nice safety feature that can prevent accidents. We store the spindle outside the bowl for that reason.
We love this machine and feel it will give good service for a long time. But if for whatever reason it fails to live up to expectations, I will be all over it in a future revision to this review.