Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Food Processor, Si..." and save 24% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Food Processor, Silver
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12-cup cap; BPA-free plastic work bowl;Safety Braking System
- Large 5"-wide feed chute eliminates need to precut most ingredients
- Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing
- 1000 Watt induction motor offers great versatility and power in a compact size
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Breville Sous Chef 12
Food preparation has never been easier. Three feed chute options for precise results. The 5” large feed chute is wide enough for potatoes, or zucchini. The 2 ¾” mid feed chute offers greater control when processing medium size ingredients. The 1 ½” mini feed chute prevents long thin ingredients like carrots from tipping over during slicing. The adjustable slicer has 24 setting settings from paper thin (0.3mm) to thick cut (8.0mm) to customize and create restaurant quality precision cuts saving you time. A heavy duty 1000 watt induction motor, built like no other.
- 12 cup dry capacity
- 8 1/2 cup liquid capacity
- Variable speed settings
- Push-in cord storage
- High impact BPA-free bowl
- Stainless steel spindle
- Non-slip feet
- Stainless Steel Spindle
- Micro-Serrated S-Blade
- Adjustable Slicer with 24 settings
- Reversible Shredder
- Dough Blade
- Large Chute 5” (13cm)
- Medium Chute 2 ¾” (7cm)
- Mini Chute 1 ½” (4cm)
Compare with similar items
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
Breville RM-BFP660SIL Electric Food Processor, Silver
Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor Ultra Quiet Powerful motor, includes 7 Attachment Blades + Chopper and Citrus Juicer , Made in Europe with German Engineering
Cuisinart FP-12DCN Elite Collection 2.0 12-Cup Food Processor, Die Cast
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||NO TIME TO DEAL||Prestige Products Online||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Royal Kitchen||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Silver||Silver||White||Silver Die Cast|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 8.5 x 17 in||8 x 10.25 x 17.75 in||12.6 x 16.6 x 9.3 in||7.5 x 8.5 x 17 in||11.3 x 14.9 x 15.4 in||18.75 x 13.25 x 11.5 in|
|Item Weight||15.9 lbs||26 lbs||18 lbs||15.9 lbs||9.8 lbs||19 lbs|
|Material Type||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||18/8 Steel||Plastic|
|Size||12 Cup||n/a||14 Cup||12_cup||FP includes 7 Blades||12-Cup|
Breville Sous Chef 12 Food Processor handles everything from slicing vegetables, grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The bowl is designed in such a way as to not have a hole in the middle of it. Yes, that's right. You no longer have to worry about spilling food through the hole when transferring it out of the bowl.
2) The food chute has THREE different sizes, including a very small hole that is perfect for holding carrots. Additionally, the smallest hole tube is a measuring cup, because why leave it as a useless piece of plastic?
3) The blade sits very low to the bottom, allowing you to process small quantities of food easily, even in the 12 cup bowl.
4) There is cord storage built into the machine, so you don't have to find a place to stash the cord.
5) The slicing disk offers you 30 different widths for slicing, not just 5 or 6 key slices.
6) The bowl and the lid twist on--no pesky trying to get everything snapped perfectly in place in order to trigger all the right safety mechanisms and get the machine going.
7) Perhaps the greatest example of thoughtfulness is the hole in the plug. There is a finger hole in the plug to make it easy to unplug. I know that seems unimportant, but it is a great example of just how much thought was put into the design.
As for how it works... As I said, it can process a large and a small quantity of food easily. Just to test it out, I placed a whole, uncut onion in and pulsed. It somehow managed to get it all diced perfectly. I also made homemade chocolate hazelnut butter. I was impressed with how quickly it ground the nuts and began to release their oil. I also only had to stop once to scrape down the sides, and that was right at the very beginning. I am very happy with my purchase, and I'm glad I spent the extra money to get something that has such an intuitive design and that works so precisely and quickly.
For starters, looking at this machine fully assembled, it has a quality well-built look to it with smooth precise lines and ergonomic appeal that does not intimidate. It has the same three buttons its predecessor (Cuisinart 7-cup) had but that seems to be where the similarities end.
My wife chops, slices, grates, and blends with this device while my use of it is pretty much limited to making almond butter and peanut butter. This Breville does a great job with nut butters in a couple of minutes.
Sliding the top either clockwise to lock it or counterclockwise to open it tells you this is a better class of food processor. Movement is precise, smooth, and easy. Every piece fits well.
The main blade storage unit is very well thought out too. Once removed from a processing job, it can be placed in the blade storage unit dirty and then the whole thing (storage unit and blade) washed, dried, and stored for next use without ever touching the steel blades. The slicer blade provides adjustable thickness, which was new to us, and the shredder blade is a familiar older design. A removable spindle must be in place for any blade to spin, which is a nice safety feature that can prevent accidents. We store the spindle outside the bowl for that reason.
We love this machine and feel it will give good service for a long time. But if for whatever reason it fails to live up to expectations, I will be all over it in a future revision to this review.
This is the third food processor I have owned in 40 years of cooking. Food processors are my favorite go to kitchen appliance. When my current machine was fading I read all the reviews in consumer 'journals' and amazon. Clearly the Breville was the way to go. My spouse encouraged to 'go for the best'. I looked at the larger capacity in store but choose the 12 cup smaller unit as it suited my family's needs.
I used it five times in ten days and each time water collected in the handle. The worst was when water went about 1/3 the way up inside the handle. Then I paused using it for five days, allowing for more than sufficient drying time. Next time I turned it on the start and pause buttons were not working as smoothing as they had previously, in fact at times not working at all. It made me wonder if water somehow got into the switch.
When I first reported the problem by email, a customer service rep did call and we discussed the problem, she did not have an explanation. She sent me a replacement, which arrived about ten business days later. However she sent a lid, not the bowl.
Then I entered a ten day period of customer service non responsiveness. I called and left my number four times on the company support line. I never heard back from them. I even left two different numbers, home and cell. Problem with brand new machine, wrong replacement part and now, non responsive customer service. It was trying my patience.
At that point, I emailed back and did get after 3 business days a phone call. The 'email' customer service person insisted she sent me the correct part, but I pointed out there is no handle on the lid/cover. It turns out she had heard of this problem only once before on the bigger machine. The smaller one is too new, less than a year old, that there is no bowl replacement yet being made.
So in the end I returned it to place of purchase, Bed, Bath and Beyond. The manager and I took their floor model and took it to their break room and 'washed' the bowl in the sink. Low and behold, water immediately found its way into the handle. Not as much as mine, but it is clearly NOT a closed system handle.
Clearly the handle is designed on both sizes to NOT be a closed system. I suspect I got a machine where the handle 'hole' was just a bit too big. The thoroughly annoying part of all this, the machine does what it needs to do beautifully, best I have ever had, and it was not easy spending that kind of money on a kitchen appliance. The level of customer service added insult to injury.
Not sure what I am going to do about replacing my current fading fast food processor.
Most recent customer reviews
Price difference as I was buying US dollars and paying CND. Dollars