Industrial Deals HPC Amazon First Reads Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on May 9, 2016
 Awesome awesome Juicer! 2 years in use, and still going strong! We use it regularly. One thing I would recommend is to spray all the parts out and spray/scrub the fine strainer IMMEDIATELY after use. If you do this, it will clean out nice and clear. Half the time I don't even use soap, just spray it all out over the sink (scoop the big chunks in the trash obviously), and then I just spray it all down with some food grade sanitizer. Don't let it just sit there, otherwise it can become quite nasty to clean out.
OH, also, if you want to, you can use all of the fibrous stuff that the juicer spits into the main compartment for healthy muffins! My wife has done this several times, and they turned out great. That way you can get the healthy juice, AND get some great fiber!

Note to the quality: This juicer has some super heavy duty quality parts. Just as a point of reference, I got my parents into juicing. First they got a Hamilton Beach Juicer, then they got a Jack Lalanne juicer... My Breville has outlasted BOTH of them, WORTH EVERY PENNY. Here's to your health! Please see my video.
44 comments| 298 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 18, 2012
Update Aug 2014 - Thanks for all the questions and comments on my review over the years! Yes, I am still using the original juicer! No, this is not a paid endorsement. I have not been contacted by Breville or offered any compensation. When you find a product that is built well, works well and helps you get well...it's worth writing about it! Keep reading...

Update Oct 2013 - I'm so glad I bought this juicer! Still using all the original parts, nothing is broken. I've kept the mesh filter basket clean and it works great, but it is puckering at the top edge of the basket, between the spots where it's welded to the basket frame. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of the juicer, but it requires more diligent cleaning.

I have a new tip today about juicing spinach leaves. Stack spinach leaves about 2-3" tall and place on a large kale leaf. Wrap the kale leaf around the spinach and stuff into the feed chute. Slowly push the kale/spinach "package" down the chute. Small spinach leaves won't fly out the food chute or end up whole in the pulp collection bin. This works great with collard greens too!

Update Apr 2013 - Still juicing! I make about a quart of green juice a day. The shredding disc and steel mesh were showing signs of staining and minor clogging. The residue wouldn't come off with hand-washing, so I decided to try some serious cleansing using a spray-on oven cleaner. Bingo! All the residue came off easily, opening all the clogged mesh holes and rejuvenating the shredding disc. None of the original parts have broken or cracked. I remain very satisfied with this juicer.

Update Dec 2012 - The Breville Compact Juice Fountain works like new after 11 months of daily use! There have been no issues with the motor. The plastic parts have held up well but are veggie-stained. The shredding disc isn't as sharp as it was on Day 1, but it still works great. When the time comes, Breville sells replacement parts online.

Update June 2012 - Still using the Breville twice daily and it continues to work well. No broken parts.

Original Review: Prior to purchasing the Breville Compact Juice Fountain, I researched other models and selected the Breville for its features and excellent customer reviews. I've been using the juicer daily since Jan 18, 2012 and continue to be satisfied with the unit. As with any centrifugal juicer, the pulp may not be "bone dry" due to the nature of the juicing process. But I'm not a purist, and any increase in my fruit & veggie intake is an improvement!

PROS of this unit
* The motor is powerful. The toughest veggie I've juiced is a quarter head of purple cabbage, no problem. Whole kale leaves, celery, carrots, broccoli, beets...juiced regularly without any trouble. I haven't tried juicing a sweet potato yet.
*Quick and easy to clean because there are only 4 parts: the food pusher, feed chute / pulp collection lid, pulp collection container and steel micro mesh filter. See in the video how effortless the Compact Juice Fountain is to assemble. I prefer this model to my friend's juicer that has the side-mounted pulp basket.
* Juice spout fits nicely into the opening of the pitcher lid. Juice doesn't splash all over the counter.
* Compact size makes it easy to leave on the counter to encourage frequent, if not daily, use. The pulp collection container measures 9 inches in diameter.
* Froth separator lid works well to separate the froth from the juice when pouring into a glass. Save the froth! It will liquify into more juice.
* There's a handy cord wrap in the base of the unit.
* Juicer cover, pulp container, filter basket and pitcher are listed as dishwasher safe. I prefer to hand-wash! Note that the inside of the juice collector (under the mesh filter basket) needs to be scrubbed well to prevent build-up.

CONS of this unit
* One speed means you cannot slow the shredder basket down for tough or leafy greens. I compensate by packing the chute with green and feeding it s-l-o-w-l-y.
* Small slices of fruit or veggies end up unshredded in the pulp container because there is a small gap between the bottom of the food chute and the shredding blades of the filter basket. The slices are thin enough (1/16 to 1/8") to fit through the gap. See the video for actual pulp results.
* The juice dispensing hole is hard to clean and gets a build-up. A small bottle brush gets some of it out.

TIPS for juicing and cleaning
* Rinse or clean the juicer immediately after juicing. Dried pulp is hard to clean off the mesh filter basket.
* Juice slowly for better results.
* Juice leafy greens first, then juicier fruits will wash the healthy green into the pitcher.
* Stack spinach into compact piles, and pack into the chute. This way whole baby leaves won't end up in the pulp container. Fill the chute and allow the juicer to slowly shred the greens. Add broccoli, grapes, brussels sprouts, etc. to the food chute while there is still some spinach at the bottom...no more broccoli florets all over the kitchen =)
* Nest and roll big leaves like kale and collards. You can even tuck a small piece of ginger inside for more efficient juicing.

Hope this helps you make an informed decision about which juicer best fits your needs. Happy Juicing!
5150+ comments| 3,177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 11, 2015
Bought this bad boy as a last minute Christmas gift for myself. I did some pretty good research and though this may not be considered the best juicer, it did seem to have very good reviews. I've not juiced before this so I did not want to spend the $200-$300 needed to get the "best" that was out there. I was pleasantly surprised at this little fella. Very easy to put together. Very easy to clean. Very easy to use. Not sure if I'm being the most healthy but I basically put everything plus the kitchen sink into it until I get something I want to drink. Basically, spinach, celery, apples, oranges, limes, beets, cucumbers, pears, ginger and anything else that's laying around. When its done the pulp seems to be pretty dry and the juice is ready for my belly. I keep the pulp and my wife likes to add that to her meals or smoothies and she says she loves it. Seeing I bought it on sale for $55 I have to say its one of the better investments I've ever made! (and I've only made a small mess once)
review image
0Comment| 288 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 24, 2007
I juice at least once a day as I primarily eat raw foods.

My Jack LaLane juicer finally wore out after 2.5 years of daily use. I was tempted to buy another - but I liked the way everything including the pulp catcher is all in one unit. So glad I got the Breville.

This thing is POWERFUL, especially compared to "Jack LaLanne". It is so powerful I usually don't even use the pusher except to cover the top so your ceiling doesn't get covered with stuff. Other reviewers have mentioned that tendency. What wasn't mentioned is that the reason it does that is because the motor is so beefy that stuff will shoot straight up.

When juicing soft stuff I immediately cover the top with my hand.

The design of this thing is absolutely first rate. Even down to the plug, which has a moulded loop so that it is easy to unplug and plug in! No tool is required to remove the basket, as in most other juicers. Breville uses a combo of ingenious design and magnets to hold it in place!

Ease of use and fit and finish is perfect.

Clean up is really a 2 minute operation and I don't even own a dishwasher. It will stain eventually, as every juicer I have ever owned does. Carrot juice would make a great dye :-)

The pulp on this juicer is a bit wetter than the Jack LaLanne. The "Jack" had a much larger basket and a much slower rotation. I believe that may account for it. But it isn't much wetter - just very slightly.

This juicer makes much smaller pieces of pulp though - and my experience so far has been that it gets just as much juice from a pound of carrots.

Bottom line - I can't imagine anyone not loving this unit.

UPDATE 3/26/2011 This thing is still going strong 3.5 years later. Folks I buy carrots by the 25 pound bag so I am HARD on juicers. And not one part has needed replacement!
5150+ comments| 6,486 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 16, 2016
I originally purchased a refurbished Breville RM-BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain on April 12, 2012, and after nearly four years of regular use, it's holding up wonderfully!

I enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables, and am always on the lookout for ways to add more to my diet. As of late I’ve been going back through some of my many purchases over the years and reviewing the ones that stood out in order to hopefully help other shoppers make informed purchases. In particular, this juicer stood out to me because it was one of those purchases where I originally remember questioning myself if I would really get much use out of it, and if so, if I'd made a good decision going with a refurbished Breville.

In the end, it was worth every penny, and the one I received looked and functioned just like new. Over the years, it still performs wonderfully, but the plastic has started to discolor a bit with time. I'm still using the original stainless steel micro-mesh strainer that came with it and original blades.

I've used this juicer well over a hundred times over the years, and like any juicer: it's not quiet. While you are supposed to be able to run whole fruit (with small seeds) right through it (the feed tube is 3 inches wide), I still prefer to cut out the cores of apples and the like before running them through. This is a powerful little machine, and there is a fair amount of air that comes out from the central cylinder, so I've found it's usually easiest to pre-load the juicer with greens and then layer heavier fruit and veggies on top so that the greens don't dance out the top once it's turned on. :)

The fruit/veggie pulp is collected around the central strainer, and once you're done juicing, you simply take it apart piece-by piece and rinse it off. You don't even need to use soap. It comes apart very easily and is just as easy to put back together. I can go from prep to cleaning on this juicer in less than ten minutes, and it's honestly quite easy to clean as long as you do so right after you're done juicing, so nothing has the chance to start sticking to the unit. While the parts are supposed to be dishwasher-safe, I've always washed them by hand.

The custom black brush that is included serves two purposes:
1.) The handle is perfectly sized to allow you to use it to scrape and scoop out the fruit/veggie pulp into your trash can
2.) The bristled end is nicely sized to allow you to clean out the mesh strainer (remember to brush both sides).

I've generally either made juice for one or two, and the measured cup is the perfect size to compliment anything up to and including two 16 ounce juices. Hitting around 32 ounces is usually a max, however, because at that point, there is so much pump inside the collection container that it will need to be emptied out before you can prepare more juice.

The unit is what I would consider a mid-sized unit and measures 9-1/2 by 8-3/4 by 16-1/2-inches. It has a 700-watt motor operates at 14,000 rpm for maximum extraction, and honestly doesn't really slow down unless you put a lot of pressure on the blades while you're juicing.

I truly love this juicer and hope to use it for many years to come, but if for some reason it broke down tomorrow, short of getting it serviced, I would be completely content to run out and buy another replacement from Breville. I have been incredibly impressed with its performance over the years, and can give it only my highest praise and recommendations. :)

I am a longtime Amazon Prime customer who writes reviews in my free time. If you have any questions or comments about this product or my review, feel free to message me and I'll be glad to help!
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 4, 2011
When I was looking into juicers, I heard good things about Breville. Although I didn't buy one of the high-end models or brands used by true raw foodists, I feel pretty happy with my Breville Compact Juice Fountain. On the plus column, it's a nice size for two and fits under the counter. It's a breeze to assemble and disassemble, it juices quickly and easily, and cleaning is a cinch. Breville includes a brush for cleaning the juicer's mesh interior screen, and that is very handy. I clean the whole juicer as soon as I'm done, and I haven't had any problem at all getting to the machine's nooks and crannies, unlike some kitchen appliances I've had in the past. Most of the juicer is even dishwasher safe, although, I don't clean it that way most of the time. It's easy enough to do by hand, and then it's always ready for my next juice craving.

On the negative column, it's not great at juicing leafy greens. I'd looked forward to that, but this type of juicer just doesn't do a very thorough job. It seems to just immediately throw the leaves to the inside of the pulp container. Being a leafy greens fanatic, I hate to just waste leaves that could have made a marvelous meal. Luckily, outside of leafy greens, there's still plenty that it is good at juicing - fruits and vegetables like celery, bok choy, broccoli stalks, cauliflower stalks, cabbage, carrots, pears, apples, peeled citrus fruit... I like to do an 80/20 mix of vegetables to fruit. I often plan to bring extra juice with me to work for an afternoon pick-me-up but I've yet to have the restraint. I can't help but drink it immediately. The crisp and thirst quenching juice is irresistible.

I can't compare the dryness of the remaining pulp to other juicers since this one is my first, but I can say that it isn't completely dry afterward. It has the feeling of mashed potatoes. I've tried running it through the machine again, but the few droplets of juice it produces come out like sludge. For the most part I like the juicer, and so I've started finding other uses for the remaining pulp.

One thing I've done is make my own vegetable broth. Before adding any fruits, I juice only the vegetables. Then I remove all of the vegetable pulp from its catcher and put it into a pot with water. I bring the water to a boil and then lower it to a simmer. I let it simmer for about an hour and add in any additional herbs I like. (I often choose homey herbs like thyme, rosemary, and basil.) Once it has finished cooking, I run the broth through a fine mesh sieve to catch all of the pulp. I use it in any recipes calling for broth or when I want to add more color and nutrients to my cooked grains. (Most people stay away from using green vegetables for broth because of the color, but I don't mind it.) If it's more broth than I want to have on hand, I pour it into an ice cube tray, freeze it, and then I can use just as many cubes as I need at a time.

Another way I've used the pulp is by incorporating it in smoothies. After I'm done juicing, I mash the pulp into an ice cube tray and store it in the freezer. When I'm making green smoothies, I just add a few extra cubes for extra nutrition, flavor, and texture.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 851 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 15, 2014
I got this for about 6mts now, I use it more than I expected. Relatively easy to clean, and doesn't take up much counter top space as other models. I found if I clean it right away works best for me, so nothing dry up, all I need to do is run hot water add soap if needed. The mesh tray is the hardest part to clean, but I just use the little brush that comes with the unit. the best way I found to clean that part is to put it in shadow water, shake it around, change water a couple times, then most of the veg is out... then just need minor brushing and paper towel dry the mesh so immediately I could see if it is done cleaning. There are probably better ways to clean it out there.

I personally eat a lot of veg, so I wasn't sure why I bought it anyway. But end up to my surprise, I used it the more than expected. And I mostly use it at the end of the week, instead veg go to waste, I juice them. OR to my surprise, I juice right when I get home from work while starting/thinking to cook dinner :) I was too hungry, and even waiting for water to boil seems to take too long, then I juice so that stop me from an ice-cream bar :) and I take my sweet time to wash the parts while my dinner is cooking on the stove. By the time I get the juicer clean up and put away, dinner is ready :) Nice little juicer, works as expected. Not too bad for the price.
on September 8, 2012
I recently fell in love with juices from "Organic Avenue" but the $12/bottle price made me consider buying a juicer. A lot of my friends are avid juicers and I surveyed a lot of them to see which was best. A lot of people recommended Breville or Jack Lalanne.

After reading A LOT of reviews and comparing a lot I finally chose this model. My reasons: great reviews, size (I hate having a cluttered countertop), appearance, and volume (I knew I'd be juicing just for myself--this guy makes about 18-20oz.)

It's been nearly two months since I excitedly ripped this baby out of the box. I absolutely LOVE this product. I recommend it to all my family, friends and co-workers.

I juice almost every day now and it is EXCEEDINGLY easy to set up, use and clean. All-in-all the juicing/cleaning process takes me 5-10 minutes. I haven't juiced anything extra staining (like beets) yet. But I regularly juice kale and so far I have not had any trouble with stains/clean-up. (I clean it as soon as I've finished juicing.)

Why I love this:
- The pitcher it comes with is perfect. I also love that it holds back the foam for you if you prefer.
- Easy to use. The instructions are easy to follow and it comes with a booklet of recipes.
- The included scrub brush makes cleaning that much easier! It's very effective for cleaning the filter!
- It's pretty compact - Slightly larger than I imagined but small for a juicer.
- It looks very nice and sleek.
- Small details like the easy to remove plug make it that much better!
on May 15, 2013
Usually, by the time I'm ready to write a review, they're no longer interested. I tend to wait for things to go wrong. But this new Breville (It arrived over a month ago) is fast, easy to use and creates healthy drinks full of nutrients you couldn't have paid me to consume on their own. Having owned a beautiful Champion Juicer since we managed to stave off cancer in dad back in the 1980's, I can immediately tell you that the Breville takes about 10 minutes to clean; whereas the Champion would take me upwards of an hour or so. And the screens are another story. The Champion has a simply screen prone to quickly wearing out, bending or being affected by acidic fruits and the like. The Breville screen is fairly solid; I clean it with a toothbrush and, thus far, it hasn't even shown any staining (mainly caused by beets and/or carrots). The speed with which this device juices makes it a technological marvel. I can readily understand the instruction to have it running before dumping things in it, but at full force, thus far, it has readily shredded most everything I have asked it to. And the resultant waste is anything but...it joins an ever-expanding supply of compost materials in the gardens where it takes less than two weeks to break down completely.
So I wholeheartedly recommend this machine for those of you who wish to begin the slow and sometime arduous task of bringing yourselves back into shape. And for those looking for simple maintenance, this is about as easy a device for maintaining good health as I have ever found.
on March 9, 2016
Juicer works very well and very very quickly. I'm sure the pulp of some things could be drier but for this juicer it is very efficient. Carrots, ginger, beets, and other things that may clog filter do not phase my juicer. Easy to assemble and disassemble. The cord has a pull loop on it that is supposed to be good for arthritis sufferers. It sounds like a combination of a plane taking off and a chain saw running but that's the power to it!

The con is that the filter is tricky to get thoroughly clean even with the brush and using a dish scrubby. I do not run these parts through the dishwasher so I can't say if it would clean better. Overall great machine and has worked several things through it over the years and it's not slowing down.