Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,786 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,343 reviews
on March 18, 2012
Update Aug 2014 - Thanks for all the questions and comments on my review over the years! Yes, I am still using the original juicer! No, this is not a paid endorsement. I have not been contacted by Breville or offered any compensation. When you find a product that is built well, works well and helps you get well...it's worth writing about it! Keep reading...

Update Oct 2013 - I'm so glad I bought this juicer! Still using all the original parts, nothing is broken. I've kept the mesh filter basket clean and it works great, but it is puckering at the top edge of the basket, between the spots where it's welded to the basket frame. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of the juicer, but it requires more diligent cleaning.

I have a new tip today about juicing spinach leaves. Stack spinach leaves about 2-3" tall and place on a large kale leaf. Wrap the kale leaf around the spinach and stuff into the feed chute. Slowly push the kale/spinach "package" down the chute. Small spinach leaves won't fly out the food chute or end up whole in the pulp collection bin. This works great with collard greens too!

Update Apr 2013 - Still juicing! I make about a quart of green juice a day. The shredding disc and steel mesh were showing signs of staining and minor clogging. The residue wouldn't come off with hand-washing, so I decided to try some serious cleansing using a spray-on oven cleaner. Bingo! All the residue came off easily, opening all the clogged mesh holes and rejuvenating the shredding disc. None of the original parts have broken or cracked. I remain very satisfied with this juicer.

Update Dec 2012 - The Breville Compact Juice Fountain works like new after 11 months of daily use! There have been no issues with the motor. The plastic parts have held up well but are veggie-stained. The shredding disc isn't as sharp as it was on Day 1, but it still works great. When the time comes, Breville sells replacement parts online.

Update June 2012 - Still using the Breville twice daily and it continues to work well. No broken parts.

Original Review: Prior to purchasing the Breville Compact Juice Fountain, I researched other models and selected the Breville for its features and excellent customer reviews. I've been using the juicer daily since Jan 18, 2012 and continue to be satisfied with the unit. As with any centrifugal juicer, the pulp may not be "bone dry" due to the nature of the juicing process. But I'm not a purist, and any increase in my fruit & veggie intake is an improvement!

PROS of this unit
* The motor is powerful. The toughest veggie I've juiced is a quarter head of purple cabbage, no problem. Whole kale leaves, celery, carrots, broccoli, beets...juiced regularly without any trouble. I haven't tried juicing a sweet potato yet.
*Quick and easy to clean because there are only 4 parts: the food pusher, feed chute / pulp collection lid, pulp collection container and steel micro mesh filter. See in the video how effortless the Compact Juice Fountain is to assemble. I prefer this model to my friend's juicer that has the side-mounted pulp basket.
* Juice spout fits nicely into the opening of the pitcher lid. Juice doesn't splash all over the counter.
* Compact size makes it easy to leave on the counter to encourage frequent, if not daily, use. The pulp collection container measures 9 inches in diameter.
* Froth separator lid works well to separate the froth from the juice when pouring into a glass. Save the froth! It will liquify into more juice.
* There's a handy cord wrap in the base of the unit.
* Juicer cover, pulp container, filter basket and pitcher are listed as dishwasher safe. I prefer to hand-wash! Note that the inside of the juice collector (under the mesh filter basket) needs to be scrubbed well to prevent build-up.

CONS of this unit
* One speed means you cannot slow the shredder basket down for tough or leafy greens. I compensate by packing the chute with green and feeding it s-l-o-w-l-y.
* Small slices of fruit or veggies end up unshredded in the pulp container because there is a small gap between the bottom of the food chute and the shredding blades of the filter basket. The slices are thin enough (1/16 to 1/8") to fit through the gap. See the video for actual pulp results.
* The juice dispensing hole is hard to clean and gets a build-up. A small bottle brush gets some of it out.

TIPS for juicing and cleaning
* Rinse or clean the juicer immediately after juicing. Dried pulp is hard to clean off the mesh filter basket.
* Juice slowly for better results.
* Juice leafy greens first, then juicier fruits will wash the healthy green into the pitcher.
* Stack spinach into compact piles, and pack into the chute. This way whole baby leaves won't end up in the pulp container. Fill the chute and allow the juicer to slowly shred the greens. Add broccoli, grapes, brussels sprouts, etc. to the food chute while there is still some spinach at the bottom...no more broccoli florets all over the kitchen =)
* Nest and roll big leaves like kale and collards. You can even tuck a small piece of ginger inside for more efficient juicing.

Hope this helps you make an informed decision about which juicer best fits your needs. Happy Juicing!
5150+ comments| 2,897 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2015
Bought this bad boy as a last minute Christmas gift for myself. I did some pretty good research and though this may not be considered the best juicer, it did seem to have very good reviews. I've not juiced before this so I did not want to spend the $200-$300 needed to get the "best" that was out there. I was pleasantly surprised at this little fella. Very easy to put together. Very easy to clean. Very easy to use. Not sure if I'm being the most healthy but I basically put everything plus the kitchen sink into it until I get something I want to drink. Basically, spinach, celery, apples, oranges, limes, beets, cucumbers, pears, ginger and anything else that's laying around. When its done the pulp seems to be pretty dry and the juice is ready for my belly. I keep the pulp and my wife likes to add that to her meals or smoothies and she says she loves it. Seeing I bought it on sale for $55 I have to say its one of the better investments I've ever made! (and I've only made a small mess once)
review image
0Comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 24, 2007
I juice at least once a day as I primarily eat raw foods.

My Jack LaLane juicer finally wore out after 2.5 years of daily use. I was tempted to buy another - but I liked the way everything including the pulp catcher is all in one unit. So glad I got the Breville.

This thing is POWERFUL, especially compared to "Jack LaLanne". It is so powerful I usually don't even use the pusher except to cover the top so your ceiling doesn't get covered with stuff. Other reviewers have mentioned that tendency. What wasn't mentioned is that the reason it does that is because the motor is so beefy that stuff will shoot straight up.

When juicing soft stuff I immediately cover the top with my hand.

The design of this thing is absolutely first rate. Even down to the plug, which has a moulded loop so that it is easy to unplug and plug in! No tool is required to remove the basket, as in most other juicers. Breville uses a combo of ingenious design and magnets to hold it in place!

Ease of use and fit and finish is perfect.

Clean up is really a 2 minute operation and I don't even own a dishwasher. It will stain eventually, as every juicer I have ever owned does. Carrot juice would make a great dye :-)

The pulp on this juicer is a bit wetter than the Jack LaLanne. The "Jack" had a much larger basket and a much slower rotation. I believe that may account for it. But it isn't much wetter - just very slightly.

This juicer makes much smaller pieces of pulp though - and my experience so far has been that it gets just as much juice from a pound of carrots.

Bottom line - I can't imagine anyone not loving this unit.

UPDATE 3/26/2011 This thing is still going strong 3.5 years later. Folks I buy carrots by the 25 pound bag so I am HARD on juicers. And not one part has needed replacement!
5150+ comments| 6,416 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2016
 Awesome awesome Juicer! 2 years in use, and still going strong! We use it regularly. One thing I would recommend is to spray all the parts out and spray/scrub the fine strainer IMMEDIATELY after use. If you do this, it will clean out nice and clear. Half the time I don't even use soap, just spray it all out over the sink (scoop the big chunks in the trash obviously), and then I just spray it all down with some food grade sanitizer. Don't let it just sit there, otherwise it can become quite nasty to clean out.
OH, also, if you want to, you can use all of the fibrous stuff that the juicer spits into the main compartment for healthy muffins! My wife has done this several times, and they turned out great. That way you can get the healthy juice, AND get some great fiber!

Note to the quality: This juicer has some super heavy duty quality parts. Just as a point of reference, I got my parents into juicing. First they got a Hamilton Beach Juicer, then they got a Jack Lalanne juicer... My Breville has outlasted BOTH of them, WORTH EVERY PENNY. Here's to your health! Please see my video.
33 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2015
Again, this is a 'love it' or 'leave it' review on my behalf. No middle line. My husband is a huge juice fan. He has an old metal juicer that is from the dinosaur age and truly a beast to move, use, and clean (with a big emphasis on cleaning difficulty). Though it's a great juicer, when it takes longer to make the juice and clean up than it does to make a five course meal, well, we tend to lose interest in our health kicks. So, I'm very big on doing endless research by reading reviews, blogs, online rating webs, etc. before buying anything. I did this for our mattress and it paid off nicely. After much research I opted for the Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain. Couldn't beat the price on Amazon. Killer deal! My only concern was performance. Well, it didn't let us down. First of all, this is a very noisy unit. You don't have to wear ear plugs, but keep the baby away as they might start bawling due to the loudness. Beyond that, we absolutely love this unit! Love it! Easy to use, fun to watch, super easy to clean, and the juice is superb! Some of the reviews comment on food bits flying out at times if you don't slap your hand or the tamper down over it when adding it to the mix. They're right. I'm pretty sure I've got a few bits of garlic and carrot on my kitchen ceiling, but they're tiny and made a pretty cool pattern. We don't worry about the tiny issues, because it's preventable. Just slap your hand over the softer additions immediately and you won't get it on the ceiling. Pretty simple and certainly not worth marking down the value of this product. But our greatest joy about this product is the ease of cleaning. OMG, but it is soooo simple and fast! We slick out the pulp bits into a dish for our chickens to eat (they Loooove us now!), and dump the plastic unit pieces into a bath of soapy water, rub down, rinse and towel dry. Easy! Fast! Great juice! The juice collecting container does hold enough for two very large wine glasses worth of juice (we like a little class with our juice). Not to mention how much fun it is to watch this unit in action. I did have a brief moment imagining Hannibal Lector shoving someone's hand into the unit (ugh!) for a movie concept--it's pretty efficient! This was money well spent, and if it did happen to break, we would buy another. So far not a hiccup from this one. It's been a smooth juice every day without a single issue. Oh, we add huge chunks of raw ginger to our juice with the hide on, and it does a great job grinding it down. If you want an affordable unit that performs flawlessly (beyond a few bits of food on the ceiling) then this is the one to buy. We highly recommend it!
on May 4, 2016
I cannot say enough good things about this juicer. I spent a lot of time trying to research for a good juicer that wouldn't cost over $100. This is an incredible machine. It has juiced ginger, raw beets, carrots, apples, melons, oranges, etc with EASE. The scrubbing brush is super handy for cleaning and it really doesn't take that long to clean up the machine. I also really like the fact that the catching cup has a LID. Genius! I take the pulp that is left and make dehydrated crackers. Google pulp crackers for recipes. I cannot get over how great of a machine this is for the price. Don't go and spend $500 on one. This one is PERFECT!
review image review image
on April 4, 2011
When I was looking into juicers, I heard good things about Breville. Although I didn't buy one of the high-end models or brands used by true raw foodists, I feel pretty happy with my Breville Compact Juice Fountain. On the plus column, it's a nice size for two and fits under the counter. It's a breeze to assemble and disassemble, it juices quickly and easily, and cleaning is a cinch. Breville includes a brush for cleaning the juicer's mesh interior screen, and that is very handy. I clean the whole juicer as soon as I'm done, and I haven't had any problem at all getting to the machine's nooks and crannies, unlike some kitchen appliances I've had in the past. Most of the juicer is even dishwasher safe, although, I don't clean it that way most of the time. It's easy enough to do by hand, and then it's always ready for my next juice craving.

On the negative column, it's not great at juicing leafy greens. I'd looked forward to that, but this type of juicer just doesn't do a very thorough job. It seems to just immediately throw the leaves to the inside of the pulp container. Being a leafy greens fanatic, I hate to just waste leaves that could have made a marvelous meal. Luckily, outside of leafy greens, there's still plenty that it is good at juicing - fruits and vegetables like celery, bok choy, broccoli stalks, cauliflower stalks, cabbage, carrots, pears, apples, peeled citrus fruit... I like to do an 80/20 mix of vegetables to fruit. I often plan to bring extra juice with me to work for an afternoon pick-me-up but I've yet to have the restraint. I can't help but drink it immediately. The crisp and thirst quenching juice is irresistible.

I can't compare the dryness of the remaining pulp to other juicers since this one is my first, but I can say that it isn't completely dry afterward. It has the feeling of mashed potatoes. I've tried running it through the machine again, but the few droplets of juice it produces come out like sludge. For the most part I like the juicer, and so I've started finding other uses for the remaining pulp.

One thing I've done is make my own vegetable broth. Before adding any fruits, I juice only the vegetables. Then I remove all of the vegetable pulp from its catcher and put it into a pot with water. I bring the water to a boil and then lower it to a simmer. I let it simmer for about an hour and add in any additional herbs I like. (I often choose homey herbs like thyme, rosemary, and basil.) Once it has finished cooking, I run the broth through a fine mesh sieve to catch all of the pulp. I use it in any recipes calling for broth or when I want to add more color and nutrients to my cooked grains. (Most people stay away from using green vegetables for broth because of the color, but I don't mind it.) If it's more broth than I want to have on hand, I pour it into an ice cube tray, freeze it, and then I can use just as many cubes as I need at a time.

Another way I've used the pulp is by incorporating it in smoothies. After I'm done juicing, I mash the pulp into an ice cube tray and store it in the freezer. When I'm making green smoothies, I just add a few extra cubes for extra nutrition, flavor, and texture.
review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 753 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2013
2 months ago after seeing an infomercial at 3am I bought a Bella Nutripro cold press juicer. Loved it. I was extremely careful with the juicer. I only used it for veggies and cut up the pieces to 1-1/2" so Bella wouldn't be stressed.

One day about 3 weeks after getting my juicer I was juicing carrots (small pieces at a time, trust me) and Bella up and died!! The motor groaned and stopped. I hit the Reverse button as the instructions stated and nothing. I opened the juicer to find the auger stuck inside the yellow filter with tiny pieces of carrots squeezed in between, making it impossible to separate the 2 pieces. Customer service said to soak the pieces in soapy water for an hour. Didn't work. Customer service then said to wait for the return ticket and send the unit back. Once received they would send me a new unit. It took a full week and a half to get the return ticket and another week for them to ship out the new unit. Customer service assured me it was a fluke and wouldn't happen again.

A few weeks after receiving the new juicer the exact thing happened except I wasn't juicing carrots. This time I was juicing kale and cucumbers. Needless to say I was shocked. I had paid $200 for the Bella Nutripro. This time customer service offered me the option of getting yet a third unit or a full refund. I chose the refund, hung up and went to Amazon to check my options.

I spent a day and a half reading reviews before choosing the Breville BJE200XL. I was concerned about the difference between masticating and centrifugal. I had read that my experience with the Nutrapro was common problem with masticating juicers. What sold me on the Breville was a note on their website that says: Breville's juicing system extracts more juice and transfers less than 1.8 degree F of heat to maximize nutrients, enzyme and vitamin yield in it's natural form. There's a link to some test results conducted by the Australian Government National Measurements Institute verifying these results.

DID MY FIRST JUICE TONIGHT. The ingredients were organic: kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, green apples, lemon. Here are my thoughts on the differences between the Bella Nutripro and the Breville:

Both were delicious. The juice from the Breville was thinner. There was less 'stuff' in the juice. I read that 90% of the good stuff is in the juice and not the pulp. If this is true thinner is fine. Prep for the Breville was 1/4 the amount of time I spent prepping for the Nutripro, because I was cutting everything up in such tiny pieces. **BY THE WAY, by the time I got to actually juicing with the Nutripro the apple slices were turning brown. Since such a huge amount of prep work is involved with masticating juicers, and the fruit starts to oxidize on the cutting board doesn't that defeat the purpose of a masticating juicer?

Another thought. The juice collection jug for the Nutripro is open so the juice is exposed to the air while juicing. Again, doesn't that defeat the purpose? The juice jug on the Breville is closed.

With the Breville there definitely was splatter, but there was also splatter, although less, with the Nutripro. But I have used a wok and other cooking methods and there is always something to clean up, so a little splatter is nothing.

Which brings me to clean up. An absolute breeze with the Breville and much longer with the Nutrapro. The Nutripro filter took forever, and lots and lots of water.

The pulp was definitely drier with the Nutripro but I have a feeling that could be human error in part. I was so worried about killing the motor I found myself cutting up the veggies in smaller pieces than I needed to. I didn't bunch them as I should have and I did cut the apples into quarters and juiced 1/4 at a time. I'm going to make another juice later and will try to stuff the feed chute a little more and see if that affects the pulp.

The amount of juice was about the same, although it might have been a little less than I got from the Nutripro. Speed of use? It took a minute with the Breville vs 15 minutes of standing there hand feeding the Nutripro chip-like slices of apples. UGH!!

BOTTOM LINE THOUGHTS: The Breville is a serious juicer. The Nutripro is a delicate child's toy in comparison. In fact, there is no comparison.

I would love feedback from anyone on either of these juicers. Thank you for reading!

**UPDATE**
Juiced again tonight. Recipe: 7 leaves of kale, 1/2 large cucumber, 6 celery stalks, handful of spinach, 2 large green apples (had to be cut in 1/4 to fit), 1 lemon.

Made 25oz delicious juice. Poured the juice into a glass and let it sit while I cleaned the juicer. Juice separated exactly the same as it did with Nutripro. When I poured more into the glass it was almost clear then became green as I poured. The second glass of juice has been sitting here for about 5 minutes as I type this and hasn't separated.

The stuff left in the juice jug isn't only foam and I guess I could mix it into the juice if I wanted to, but I tossed it and the second glass of juice has still not separated.

The pulp is definitely moist compared to the Nutripro but what does that mean when I got 25oz from the same recipe, so what did I loose?

Yes, Breville is a little sloppier and splatters more than Nutripro. Truthfully, there's clean up after the preparation of any and every meal, so what's the big deal when you get to drink nature's bounty brought to you by this incredible machine. How can you not love a machine that can do that?
on August 21, 2016
I purchased this as my first juicer since I have health issues that require for me to give my body a serious break/cleansing/healing period. I was super excited to get juicing and I think my zeal blinded me to the minute but really obnoxious flaws in the product. That, or the thing didn't start acting up until the second session. Either way, I have 3 beefs: 1) The thing overheats way too quickly. No one has time to take this huge thing out multiple times a day to make small amounts of juice. I aim to make two of the pitchers full at a time and today, by the time I had finished my carrots, celery, and apples (one pitcher's worth), the machine was so warm, I could feel the heat emanating from the lid. This made me feel like I was exposing the rest of my veggies (tender greens) to heat. Not good. And I must note that I prepare all my fruits and veggies in advance. I'm not running the machine while doing any chopping or anything. 2) The juicing itself is about a 7/10. The fruit/vegetable pieces seem to slam against the blade really quickly then spin off, not remaining in contact long enough to completely juice. What you end up with is really wet pulp with big chunks of hardly touched pieces of fruits and vegetables. I run the pulp through again and get a good few ounces more of juice from it and still feel like it could produce more. And 3) I understand this is a centrifugal juicer but by god the thing spins like an incompetent tornado and blows crap everywhere. There is a huge draft coming up and out of the feeding tube so I have to try to keep the opening covered at all times. The moment I remove the food pusher and fail to quickly cover the opening with my hand, bits of food come whirring out, littering the countertop and floor. Messy and annoying.
on January 21, 2015
Unacceptable....
review image review image
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse