Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer (Old Model - Discontinued)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 900-watt stainless-steel juice extractor
- 5 Speeds - Hard Veg, Apple, Pineapple, Citrus, Soft Food - ensure optimal juice yield
- 3-inch circular feed tube; backlit control panel; dishwasher-safe parts
- Juice jug and froth separator, detachable spout, and cleaning brush included
- Dimensions: 13"(L) x 11.5"(H) x 12.5"(W), 1-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Breville BJE510 Juice Fountain Multi-Speed with variable speeds is a smart juicer that adjusts speed to extract the maximum juice with minimal waste. A built-in smart chip increases power to the cutting disc under heavy loads so juicing is accomplished as efficiently as possible.
Juicing Versatility and Power
Fruit is largely composed of water, but its selling point is its nutritional value. How do you extract the juice from fruit, without leaving the nutrients behind? Breville’s Nutri Disc and patented juicing system extracts more nutrients than other juicers and transfers less than 1.8F of heat to protect enzymes and maximize nutrient absorption of select nutrients.
The 900 watt motor has speeds ranging from 6500 rpm for softer fruits and leafy greens like cantaloupe or spinach to 12500 rpm for maximum extraction from denser foods like apples or beets. A smart chip allows the juicer to sense the load and adjust power accordingly, making juicing more efficient.
The uniquely designed juicing system features an extra-wide feed chute that is centered over the shredding disc. This allows for more efficient juicing than systems that introduce ingredients on the side of the shredding disc. The 3" chute eliminates the need to pre-chop ingredients before feeding them into the juicer, saving you time.
- Heavy-duty 900 watt motor with variable speed control from 6,500rpm to 12,000rpm: 5 speed selector with LCD juicing speed guide to help maximize juice extraction
- Patented extra-wide feed chute (3” wide): juice large fruits and vegetables with little to no cutting or preparation
- Patented direct central feed system for maximum juice extraction
- Nutri Disc with titanium reinforced cutting blades, which ensures the blades stay sharper for longer, and stainless steel mesh filter basket for spinning out the pulp
- Noise and vibration control: patented unique direct central feed system, which centers the chute over the Nutri Disc to minimize vibration and noise
- Heavy grade polymer body for durability
- Premium materials combining high grade stainless steel and die-cast alloy for durability. Stainless steel body, micromesh filter, cutters, and engineering-grade polymers
- 1.2 liter juice jug with froth separator
- Large capacity pulp container with integrated handle
- Cord storage: the power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base for a reduced counter-top footprint
- Safety Locking Arm prevents the juicer from operating without the cover locked into place
- Overload protection prevents over-heating, automatically shutting the machine down when it senses that the machine is overloaded
- All materials that come in contact with food are BPA-free, ensuring safe use
- Easy clean-up with the included cleaning brush. All parts except for the mesh filter basket/Nutri Disc and food pusher can be washed on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
BJE820XL: Juice Fountain Duo
800JEXL: Juice Fountain Elite
BJE510XL: Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
BJS600XL: Juice Fountain Crush
JE98XL: Juice Fountain Plus
BJE200XL: Juice Fountain Compact
|Key Feature||Die-cast juicer with soft fruit attachment and variable speed capability||'Rolls Royce' of Juicers: die-cast metal matched wtih power||Variable speeds maximize yield across variety of fruits||Makes thicker juices and yields more juice for leafy greens and wheatgrass than non-masticating juicers||Great entry price point for Breville juicers||Compact design takes up less space, with all of the juicing capabilities of the other juicers|
|Type of Juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Masticating/slow juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal|
|Motor||1200 watt||1000 watt||900 watt||240 watt||850 watt||700 watt|
|Speed||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 13,000rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 13,000rpm||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 12,500rpm||80rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm||14,000rpm|
|Materials|| || || || || || |
|Innovations|| || || || || || |
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this for $350.00 in December 2015.
Couple of things:
1.) I've owned a Breville Juice Fountain before. Purchased the first one 7+ year ago and gave it to a family member after I upgraded to a Norwalk Cold Press Juicer. I have some idea of comparisons.
2.) Unless you are following the Gershon lifestyle SAVE your money and DON'T buy a Norwalk. They're fabulous machines and top-quality (with a price that commiserates), but they are huge, cumbersome and more difficult to use.
I've also used a Champion juicer...there are die-hard fans, but I can't get into the Champion line of juicing. The only thing it does do better is wheat grass and nuts.
3.) Breville has made AMAZING improvements in the last 7+ years since I first purchased the first juice fountain.
My objective in buying this juicer was to do juice fasts and to incorporate healthy juices into my daily life, consistently.
1.) Well built. I LOVE having more of the stainless steel parts and pieces. They are better built, easier to clean, and IMO more sanitary. Once I'm finished juicing, I rinse the parts in warm water, brush the basket, and toss in the dishwasher. Easy-Peasy!
2.) The dial to control the speed is a really big plus for me and one of the main reasons I chose this model. It truly does make it worth the extra $50 bucks (compared the next model down). You can really dial-it-down for greens (kale, spinach, etc.,) and extract more green from the leafy goods. As well as have more middle ground with fruits and veggies that need something faster than "1" but no where near as intense as "5." This was previously harder, for me to control, with the toggle switch that you see on the other models.
This also allows it to really knock out its competition of other machines that tout their slower masticating features. This now essentially does both.
3.) The puree blade: This is simple to use, just set it in, instead of the razor basket, and it does a superb job at making baby foods, applesauce, frozen banana 'ice-cream' etc., etc. This feature was the second major reason I chose this model. For only $50 dollars more you get a lot more functionality and purpose.
4.) The motor on this beast is impressive. I own a Blend-Tec professional blender and the previously mentioned Norwalk. This Breville is on par with those items (at a fraction of the costs) with its ability to keep up and literally chew through anything I've put in there without issue.
Again, for so little money more, it's worth having the larger, more capable motor which was the third big selling point from my perspective.
5.) For some reason, this machine does not heat up your juices (which is VERY good). I've tested the temps and they're minimal (2-3 degrees warmer) than your starting point. This matters for those who juice a lot that don't want to loose nutrients. Even at the higher speeds for 1-2 hours of juicing there was minimal heating up. Kudos to Breville on this. Not even the Norwalk (to my surprise and dismay) can keep up with that!!!
1.) For me, at this point, there aren't any. I'm a critic and would be the first in line to offer anything I didn't like or felt was a ripoff. But I'm sincerely pleased and impressed with this juicer. One of the few things (kitchen gadgets) I've purchased in the last couple of years that has been this well rounded, with a good design, and most importantly worth the money.
I haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned in the negative reviews and have a suspicion that most of them are results of misuse. For example, I have been using the product daily for a long time and the mesh basket still looks brand new. This is because I soak it in warm soapy water after each use for 5 min, then scrub with the brush that Breville provides. The people who said the condition of the mesh basket quickly deteriorated probably did not take the time to clean it properly immediately after each use.
Another problem that people mentioned in negative reviews is the motor stalling. This may be because the users turned on the machine with food already in the chute. If you read the instructions however, it mentions that you should never start the machine with the chute loaded. Always drop the food in after the blades are already spinning. This is VERY IMPORTANT and many people fail to read this before they try the juicer.
A few tips if you buy this machine:
- Be careful if you juice directly into a glass and not the covered pitcher. There is a the rubber attachment for the spout to direct the juice down, but the juice comes with a lot of force and could still splash out.
- Even though the chute is 3" wide, cut your hard fruits and vegetables smaller than 3". If you want the machine to last, don't push it to it's maximum capacity for every use.
- The manual says the clear parts are dishwasher-safe for the top rack, but my dishwasher did not get the centrifugal part or the spout clean. I would recommending rinsing all parts with warm water immediately after use.
- The clear produce bags from the grocery store make excelled liners for the pulp container. No need to buy the expensive liners from Breville.
Top reviews from other countries
Was this review helpful? Give me a YES vote!
Cleaning it is a bit of a pain as I clean it daily, if you use it every few days it probably wouldn't be so bad. The orange stain from the carrots has built up mainly in the little spout the juice comes out of, which I find particularly hard to get into to clean. Some might not be bothered by this, it's only an aesthetic issue. I have tried some vegetable oil on a paper towel to remove stains and this works quite well. I have seen others use Oxyclean to soak parts in (beet stains for example) for general cleaning of juicers not this one specifically. But haven't tried it as for now I'm trying to use more natural products. The mesh filter is turning orange, and I might have to resort to this eventually. The brush is handy. In general I'd say this juicer does a good job, and doesn't take up as much space as I thought it would on the counter.
Before deciding on this product I read many reviews, blogs, and watched YouTube videos on various products. I then went to the store to compare various brands, including several Breville brands for ease of assembly, cleaning, etc. All in all, this product is great! And it's highly recommended in many health/juicing articles as well!
The previous reviews were not joking in claiming this machine is much quieter. No, it's not silent, but in comparison to many other machines, including the Juiceman, it's quiet. Not to mention, my other half was sound asleep and only 10' away without a stir. So yes, it's rather quiet.
Many pulp ejection/centrifugal juicers have troubles with leafy greens, and fresh herbs; even so that I had read in some blogs that this machine also struggled, but that is NOT the case. My first juice with this machine included one cup of fresh beet greens and one cup of fresh basil, and this machine chewed it up without issue, actually processing it, not just spitting it out fully intact like the other machines.
The clean up is nice and easy, about 10 min. The reality is that the clean-up is rather comparable to most pulp ejection juicers, BUT, this machine doesn't have any of those nuisance joints, cracks, or indents where the food is trapped like in other machines. And I very much like that the food chute is stainless steel to meet the blade bowl. The design of this product is very well thought out.
I am ecstatic to have the Juice Fountain Multi Speed as a part of my continued path to better health! Thank you Breville for a fabulous machine! It's worth every penny!
1. By far the strongest juicer I have ever used.
2. It gives a smooth and pleasant juice.
3. Very much worth the price completely.
4. It can juice the hardest vegetables and shoot at the The top can fit and entire apple no need to slice unless apple is oversized.
5. The material used for pitcher is light yet durable.