Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-W...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 44% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer (Old Model - Discontinued)
|Price:||$164.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 900-watt stainless-steel juice extractor
- 5 Speeds - Hard Veg, Apple, Pineapple, Citrus, Soft Food - ensure optimal juice yield
- 3-inch circular feed tube; backlit control panel; dishwasher-safe parts
- Juice jug and froth separator, detachable spout, and cleaning brush included
- Dimensions: 13"(L) x 11.5"(H) x 12.5"(W), 1-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The Breville BJE510 Juice Fountain Multi-Speed with variable speeds is a smart juicer that adjusts speed to extract the maximum juice with minimal waste. A built-in smart chip increases power to the cutting disc under heavy loads so juicing is accomplished as efficiently as possible.
Juicing Versatility and Power
Fruit is largely composed of water, but its selling point is its nutritional value. How do you extract the juice from fruit, without leaving the nutrients behind? Breville’s Nutri Disc and patented juicing system extracts more nutrients than other juicers and transfers less than 1.8F of heat to protect enzymes and maximize nutrient absorption of select nutrients.
The 900 watt motor has speeds ranging from 6500 rpm for softer fruits and leafy greens like cantaloupe or spinach to 12500 rpm for maximum extraction from denser foods like apples or beets. A smart chip allows the juicer to sense the load and adjust power accordingly, making juicing more efficient.
The uniquely designed juicing system features an extra-wide feed chute that is centered over the shredding disc. This allows for more efficient juicing than systems that introduce ingredients on the side of the shredding disc. The 3" chute eliminates the need to pre-chop ingredients before feeding them into the juicer, saving you time.
- Heavy-duty 900 watt motor with variable speed control from 6,500rpm to 12,000rpm: 5 speed selector with LCD juicing speed guide to help maximize juice extraction
- Patented extra-wide feed chute (3” wide): juice large fruits and vegetables with little to no cutting or preparation
- Patented direct central feed system for maximum juice extraction
- Nutri Disc with titanium reinforced cutting blades, which ensures the blades stay sharper for longer, and stainless steel mesh filter basket for spinning out the pulp
- Noise and vibration control: patented unique direct central feed system, which centers the chute over the Nutri Disc to minimize vibration and noise
- Heavy grade polymer body for durability
- Premium materials combining high grade stainless steel and die-cast alloy for durability. Stainless steel body, micromesh filter, cutters, and engineering-grade polymers
- 1.2 liter juice jug with froth separator
- Large capacity pulp container with integrated handle
- Cord storage: the power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base for a reduced counter-top footprint
- Safety Locking Arm prevents the juicer from operating without the cover locked into place
- Overload protection prevents over-heating, automatically shutting the machine down when it senses that the machine is overloaded
- All materials that come in contact with food are BPA-free, ensuring safe use
- Easy clean-up with the included cleaning brush. All parts except for the mesh filter basket/Nutri Disc and food pusher can be washed on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
BJE820XL: Juice Fountain Duo
800JEXL: Juice Fountain Elite
BJE510XL: Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
BJS600XL: Juice Fountain Crush
JE98XL: Juice Fountain Plus
BJE200XL: Juice Fountain Compact
|Key Feature||Die-cast juicer with soft fruit attachment and variable speed capability||'Rolls Royce' of Juicers: die-cast metal matched wtih power||Variable speeds maximize yield across variety of fruits||Makes thicker juices and yields more juice for leafy greens and wheatgrass than non-masticating juicers||Great entry price point for Breville juicers||Compact design takes up less space, with all of the juicing capabilities of the other juicers|
|Type of Juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Masticating/slow juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal|
|Motor||1200 watt||1000 watt||900 watt||240 watt||850 watt||700 watt|
|Speed||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 13,000rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 13,000rpm||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 12,500rpm||80rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm||14,000rpm|
|Materials|| || || || || || |
|Innovations|| || || || || || |
Top Customer Reviews
I very rarely rise the speed above 1, and the trick I use is to mix harder veggies with softer ones all together.
It has been 8 years of extensive use and my machine works flawlessly and still looks very good.
I do not allow myself to drink the juice if I have not cleaned the machine. I found that if you rinse it right away it is much easier than if you let it sit even for 1/2 hour...do not let it sit, just rinse it right away. Every once in a while I deep clean it which mostly is about dealing with white calcium deposits in the transparent plastic. I never put it in the dishwasher, I just rinse it right away (which takes 5 minutes), and yes, it takes some space to let it dry, it will take all your drying rack space.
I absolutely love my breville, it has served me for 8 years so far, I have no complaints, and yes, I highly recommend this machine for juicing, it is a very good quality machine, makes wonderful juices and it is easy to maintain, clean.
I haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned in the negative reviews and have a suspicion that most of them are results of misuse. For example, I have been using the product daily for a long time and the mesh basket still looks brand new. This is because I soak it in warm soapy water after each use for 5 min, then scrub with the brush that Breville provides. The people who said the condition of the mesh basket quickly deteriorated probably did not take the time to clean it properly immediately after each use.
Another problem that people mentioned in negative reviews is the motor stalling. This may be because the users turned on the machine with food already in the chute. If you read the instructions however, it mentions that you should never start the machine with the chute loaded. Always drop the food in after the blades are already spinning. This is VERY IMPORTANT and many people fail to read this before they try the juicer.
A few tips if you buy this machine:
- Be careful if you juice directly into a glass and not the covered pitcher. There is a the rubber attachment for the spout to direct the juice down, but the juice comes with a lot of force and could still splash out.
- Even though the chute is 3" wide, cut your hard fruits and vegetables smaller than 3". If you want the machine to last, don't push it to it's maximum capacity for every use.
- The manual says the clear parts are dishwasher-safe for the top rack, but my dishwasher did not get the centrifugal part or the spout clean. I would recommending rinsing all parts with warm water immediately after use.
- The clear produce bags from the grocery store make excelled liners for the pulp container. No need to buy the expensive liners from Breville.
As soon as you unpack the Breville you know you have a top quality piece of equipment. It does an outstanding job at juice extraction (the pulp is dryer than what the Waring produced, and the Waring actually did pretty well) and the clean-up is far easier. When cleaning the Waring, you had pulp caked up within the machine itself and it was a pain to clean it out, partially becaused it had a higher moisture content but also simply because of all of the nooks and crannies in this catchment section of the juicer. Although this section detached, it was still difficult to clean nonetheless . The Breville puts the pulp in a separate container off to the side, and as others have mentioned, if you line it with a plastic bag there is nothing to it. The only "pain" is cleaing the filter device, which is going to be difficult with any juicer you buy. The brush they provide does make this a little easier, however.
Now for the biggest difference: the noise produced when the machine is turned on. With the Waring, you had to pause the television, stop talking, cover your ears, and hope the neighbors didn't phone the cops on you for disturbing the peace. The Breville is FAR quieter. Don't get me wrong, it is not "whisper quiet" or anything like that, but it probably makes one third of the noise the Waring did.
Is it worth the higher price as compared to the Waring or Hamilton Beach? Hard to say. Like I mentioned, we got the Waring for practically nothing and it was a good introductory machine for us for juicing, but SO LOUD!
I can't really find any flaws with the Breville at all (we have run it for about a week now). Considering, however, that it costs almost three times what you can get the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro for (I would chose this one over the Waring purely from my experience with it and from reading the reviews for the Hamilton), whether or not you want to go with this "ultra juicer" version boils down to sheer personal preference. How often you will run it and what variety of recipies you might want to put through it should probably be your driving factors, along side the price difference, of course. The main differences I found with the Breville as compared to the Hamilton were a slightly higher wattage (900 versus 800) and the variable speeds instead of only one, single speed. From our perspective, though, we have had no regrets in spending the extra cash for this top model.
EDIT 08/05/08: Just thought I would mention that since this review we bought the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro as a gift for my wife's mother, so we had a chance to directly compare it to the Breville. It did a good job, but it was louder and not nearly as solidly built as the Breville. After this comparision, we are even more satisfied with our decision to spend a bit extra and get this model. The varible speed on the Breville is something you will definitely miss should you go back to a model that does not have this feature. Hope this helps!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated juicers in our Juicer Reviews.