Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-W..." and save 18% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer (Old Model - Discontinued)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 900-watt stainless-steel juice extractor
- 5 Speeds - Hard Veg, Apple, Pineapple, Citrus, Soft Food - ensure optimal juice yield
- 3-inch circular feed tube; backlit control panel; dishwasher-safe parts
- Juice jug and froth separator, detachable spout, and cleaning brush included
- Dimensions: 13"(L) x 11.5"(H) x 12.5"(W), 1-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Breville BJE510 Juice Fountain Multi-Speed with variable speeds is a smart juicer that adjusts speed to extract the maximum juice with minimal waste. A built-in smart chip increases power to the cutting disc under heavy loads so juicing is accomplished as efficiently as possible.
Juicing Versatility and Power
Fruit is largely composed of water, but its selling point is its nutritional value. How do you extract the juice from fruit, without leaving the nutrients behind? Breville’s Nutri Disc and patented juicing system extracts more nutrients than other juicers and transfers less than 1.8F of heat to protect enzymes and maximize nutrient absorption of select nutrients.
The 900 watt motor has speeds ranging from 6500 rpm for softer fruits and leafy greens like cantaloupe or spinach to 12500 rpm for maximum extraction from denser foods like apples or beets. A smart chip allows the juicer to sense the load and adjust power accordingly, making juicing more efficient.
The uniquely designed juicing system features an extra-wide feed chute that is centered over the shredding disc. This allows for more efficient juicing than systems that introduce ingredients on the side of the shredding disc. The 3" chute eliminates the need to pre-chop ingredients before feeding them into the juicer, saving you time.
- Heavy-duty 900 watt motor with variable speed control from 6,500rpm to 12,000rpm: 5 speed selector with LCD juicing speed guide to help maximize juice extraction
- Patented extra-wide feed chute (3” wide): juice large fruits and vegetables with little to no cutting or preparation
- Patented direct central feed system for maximum juice extraction
- Nutri Disc with titanium reinforced cutting blades, which ensures the blades stay sharper for longer, and stainless steel mesh filter basket for spinning out the pulp
- Noise and vibration control: patented unique direct central feed system, which centers the chute over the Nutri Disc to minimize vibration and noise
- Heavy grade polymer body for durability
- Premium materials combining high grade stainless steel and die-cast alloy for durability. Stainless steel body, micromesh filter, cutters, and engineering-grade polymers
- 1.2 liter juice jug with froth separator
- Large capacity pulp container with integrated handle
- Cord storage: the power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base for a reduced counter-top footprint
- Safety Locking Arm prevents the juicer from operating without the cover locked into place
- Overload protection prevents over-heating, automatically shutting the machine down when it senses that the machine is overloaded
- All materials that come in contact with food are BPA-free, ensuring safe use
- Easy clean-up with the included cleaning brush. All parts except for the mesh filter basket/Nutri Disc and food pusher can be washed on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
BJE820XL: Juice Fountain Duo
800JEXL: Juice Fountain Elite
BJE510XL: Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
BJS600XL: Juice Fountain Crush
JE98XL: Juice Fountain Plus
BJE200XL: Juice Fountain Compact
|Key Feature||Die-cast juicer with soft fruit attachment and variable speed capability||'Rolls Royce' of Juicers: die-cast metal matched wtih power||Variable speeds maximize yield across variety of fruits||Makes thicker juices and yields more juice for leafy greens and wheatgrass than non-masticating juicers||Great entry price point for Breville juicers||Compact design takes up less space, with all of the juicing capabilities of the other juicers|
|Type of Juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Masticating/slow juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal|
|Motor||1200 watt||1000 watt||900 watt||240 watt||850 watt||700 watt|
|Speed||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 13,000rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 13,000rpm||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 12,500rpm||80rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm||14,000rpm|
|Materials|| || || || || || |
|Innovations|| || || || || || |
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I very rarely rise the speed above 1, and the trick I use is to mix harder veggies with softer ones all together.
It has been 8 years of extensive use and my machine works flawlessly and still looks very good.
I do not allow myself to drink the juice if I have not cleaned the machine. I found that if you rinse it right away it is much easier than if you let it sit even for 1/2 hour...do not let it sit, just rinse it right away. Every once in a while I deep clean it which mostly is about dealing with white calcium deposits in the transparent plastic. I never put it in the dishwasher, I just rinse it right away (which takes 5 minutes), and yes, it takes some space to let it dry, it will take all your drying rack space.
I absolutely love my breville, it has served me for 8 years so far, I have no complaints, and yes, I highly recommend this machine for juicing, it is a very good quality machine, makes wonderful juices and it is easy to maintain, clean.
I haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned in the negative reviews and have a suspicion that most of them are results of misuse. For example, I have been using the product daily for a long time and the mesh basket still looks brand new. This is because I soak it in warm soapy water after each use for 5 min, then scrub with the brush that Breville provides. The people who said the condition of the mesh basket quickly deteriorated probably did not take the time to clean it properly immediately after each use.
Another problem that people mentioned in negative reviews is the motor stalling. This may be because the users turned on the machine with food already in the chute. If you read the instructions however, it mentions that you should never start the machine with the chute loaded. Always drop the food in after the blades are already spinning. This is VERY IMPORTANT and many people fail to read this before they try the juicer.
A few tips if you buy this machine:
- Be careful if you juice directly into a glass and not the covered pitcher. There is a the rubber attachment for the spout to direct the juice down, but the juice comes with a lot of force and could still splash out.
- Even though the chute is 3" wide, cut your hard fruits and vegetables smaller than 3". If you want the machine to last, don't push it to it's maximum capacity for every use.
- The manual says the clear parts are dishwasher-safe for the top rack, but my dishwasher did not get the centrifugal part or the spout clean. I would recommending rinsing all parts with warm water immediately after use.
- The clear produce bags from the grocery store make excelled liners for the pulp container. No need to buy the expensive liners from Breville.
First, the good stuff: The juicer is quieter than I was lead to believe by other reviewers. It doesn't sound like a jet engine revving for takeoff. On most fruits and veggies, it extracts a great deal of juice (more than you would expect). Cleaning it is a breeze, especially if you have a high pressure sprayer at your sink. The plug is a marvel of engineering: the finger hole makes it easy to unplug, and one isn't tempted to grab the cord and yank.
Celery, carrots, beets, broccoli, cabbage, peppers, tomatoes, parsnips, cucumbers, zucchini and yellow squash, strawberries, pineapple, melons, lemons, limes, oranges, apples, pears, grapes: all produce a ton of juice.
The juicer is fast as well. It takes longer to prep the foods to be juiced than it does to actually juice them.
The pulp bin is easily lined with the bags you put produce in at the grocery store. If you juice a lot, you will appreciate the time you save lining that bin with one of those plastic bags.
The pitcher does a FAIR job of removing pulp.
Now, the not-so-good:
This juicer produces a LOT of foam. Compared to my Omega 1000 centrifugal, the Breville makes three times as much.
Kale, garlic, parsley, ginger, arugula: these produce very little juice in this juicer. In the Omega, one clove of garlic would strongly flavor a juice. With the Breville, it takes 4 to get the same result, and the cloves must be surrounded by something (like a big wad of greens) or they just get spit into the pulp bin. Ginger isn't much better: it takes 3X as much to achieve the same effect as in the Omega. Leafy greens such as parsley and kale don't do as well in the Breville as they do in the Omega, producing half the amount of juice.
HOWEVER, if you REALLY want to get the most juice out of those leafy greens, you need a masticating, low rpm juicer like our Green Power Gold twin gear. You will pay almost 3X as much for that juicer, and the Breville beats it hands down on soft fruit and even hard fruits and veggies. I am not comparing the Breville to the Green Power. That wouldn't be a fair comparison. It would be like saying that your Ferrari goes faster than my dump truck. True enough, but I can carry 3 ton of whatever in the dump truck, and you can't even fit a suitcase in the Ferrari. But compared to the Omega, the Breville doesn't extract as much juice from kale, garlic, ginger and leafy greens. It does one thing WAY better than the Omega, though: you don't need to stop halfway through juicing to empty the pulp from the juicer, install a new filter and finish juicing. The Breville's pulp ejector makes it easy to overlook the decreased juice on some food types.
Cleaning the juicer is easy if you perform that task immediately after juicing, before enjoying the juice. And as I mentioned, having a high-pressure sprayer attached to your sink is a godsend. The combination of the sprayer and the included brush makes cleaning the shredder/strainer basket a snap. First, spray the entire screen from the outside. Then, scrub the inside, one section at a time under running water with the brush. Finally, rinse from the outside one more time with the sprayer and everything will be clean.
Last complaint: the warranty. One year is a JOKE. Every other quality juicer has a warranty of 10, 12 or 15 years. I almost didn't buy the Breville because of their one year warranty. As it is, I purchased a warranty from Square Trade to cover the juicer for 5 years. That shouldn't have been necessary.
I hope this helps your decision-making process. I would definitely purchase this juicer again. The positives outweigh the minor annoyances my a wide margin. It's really a great machine.
UPDATE 8/15 Am I ever glad I purchased the Square Trade warranty on this juicer. A few days ago, while juicing, I noticed that the juicer was running at a much slower than usual rpm. I looked at the display on the front of the machine, and it indicated "1" (out of 5) for speed. I turned the control all the way up, and the display went to "2" with a barely perceptible increase in rpm. I shut it down, let it cool off, restarted it, and it wouldn't go above "1."
I contacted Square Trade, and they sent be a shipping label to return the juicer to them. And they are refunding the full purchase price of the juicer to me.
Now, I happened to have an 80 rpm, low speed Omega juicer I bought as a backup. I opened the package, assembled it, and began using that. And what a difference. It's quiet, it extracts close to 50% more juice from the same amount of produce than the Breville, and the pulp it extracts is DRY. Pulp from the Breville is WET. I will NOT be buying another Breville. The Omega also carries a 10 year warranty, so no Square Trade warranty is necessary,
I took another star off my review of the Breville, because a quality juicer should not break in 3 years. And as I previously stated, their one year warranty is a JOKE. My best advice is this: if you buy this Breville, also buy the longest Square Trade warranty you can get along with it. If your juicer breaks, you will be glad you did.