Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Masticating juicer extracts maximum juice yield from soft fruits and vegetables
- Ultra quiet 240-watt motor
- Direction control ensures fruit or vegetables can be dislodged from juicing screw
- Filter basket with auto purifying for maximum yield and easy cleaning between juicing
- Measures 8-1/2 by 7-1/2 by 16-inch, 1-year limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage Slow Speed Masticating Juicer Creates Continuous Fresh Healthy Fruit and Vegetable Juice at 80 Revolutions per Minute High Juice Yield, 150-Watt, Metallic
Flexzion Cold Press Juicer Machine - Masticating Juicer Slow Juice Extractor Maker Electric Juicing Vertical Stand for Fruit, Vegetable, Greens, Wheat Grass & More with Big Cup & Juicing Bowl
Kuvings BPA-Free Whole Slow Juicer Silver B6000S with Sortbet Maker, Cleaning Tool Set, Smart Cap and Recipe Book
Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer, Juice Extractor with Jumbo Twin Gears, Chrome
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Flexzion||GlobalEcom||CZAR WORKSHOPS LTD|
Nutrients in the juice, fiber in the pulp
Centrifugal juicers get the job done quickly, but what if you want your juice smooth with some pulp ? That’s where masticating juicers come in. Also known as slow juicers or single auger juicers, they crush and squeeze rather than shredding. That means that it maximizes the amount of nutrients extracted and more of the fiber stays in, making for a delicious glass of thick, smooth juice.
Why choose a slow juicer?
There are two main types of juicer: centrifugal juicers and slow (or masticating) juicers. Centrifugal juicers work by shredding the fruits and vegetables and then spinning at a high speed to separate the pulp and juice. Slow or masticating juicers crush and grind the fruits and vegetables to extract the juice, then filter out the pulp. They're called slow juicers because they don't spin rapidly, not because it takes a long time to make juice; it only takes minutes to produce juice! Slow juicers produce drier pulp than centrifugal juicers, and extract more juice from leafy greens like kale. Some people have a preference from juice from a slow juicer, since it tends to be less frothy and more thick.
Versatility for maximum yield and results
Masticating juicers are best at juicing softer fruits like berries and wheatgrass and excel at juicing leafy greens, but can also juice harder fruits and vegetables like apples and carrots. Because the Juice Fountain Crush juices slowly, it keeps more of the fiber and less of the froth in the juice and produces very dry pulp.
Juicing made simple
The Juice Fountain Crush makes juicing and cleanup easy. With features like a safe start system that requires all parts to be locked in before the juicer starts, reverse direction control, and an overload protection system that automatically stops the machine from operating when the load is too high, the Juice Fountain Crush makes operation safe and easy. To cleanup and flush out the system between making different kinds of juice without having to disassemble the entire machine, simply pour in 1-2 cups of water while the motor is running to flush the previous ingredients through. It comes with a cleaning brush to remove the pulp from the mesh basket, and the handle of the brush is the perfect size to clear out the pulp chute of the juicer. And, even though it’s powerful, the Juice Fountain Crush’s 240 watt motor runs quietly so your morning glass of juice won’t wake the rest of the household.
Designed with the consumer in mind
The upright design gives the Juice Fountain Crush a smaller footprint than horizontal masticating juicers, making it easier to fit on your counters. It includes a juicing jug for catching the juice that’s extracted, a pulp bin for the pulp, and also includes a filter cleaning brush, which can be used for brushing out the filter or (using the smaller end of the brush) cleaning the pulp out of any crevasses.
- Food hopper and lid
- Feed chute
- Filter basket with Auto Purifying: Pour a cup or two of water in the feed chute while in operation to allow easy cleaning between juices without the need for disassembly
- Pulp container
- Two Step Safety Start System: All parts must be assembled and the lid must lock in place before use
- Juicing bowl
- Scraper wiper
- On | Off | Reverse Direction Control: Features forward and reverse button for easy juicing
- Juice jug
- Ultra Quiet 240 Watt Motor: Powerful low speed extraction method with no heat transfer
- Cut fruits or Vegetables like apple, beats or pears in quarters, even eights if they are large.
- If the fruits or vegetables become jammed in the screw and the juicer stops operating press the off button to the center. Ensure that the juicer comes to a complete stop. Press the REVERSE button and hold it until the fruit or vegetables become dislodged.
- Do not exert excess pressure, the fruit or vegetable should almost be pulled down by the screw.
- Do not load the feed chute with food until the motor is running.
BJE820XL: Juice Fountain Duo
800JEXL: Juice Fountain Elite
BJE510XL: Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
BJS600XL: Juice Fountain Crush
JE98XL: Juice Fountain Plus
BJE200XL: Juice Fountain Compact
|Key Feature||Die-cast juicer with soft fruit attachment and variable speed capability||Die-cast metal matched wtih power||Variable speeds maximize yield across variety of fruits||Makes thicker juices and yields more juice for leafy greens and wheatgrass than non-masticating juicers||Great entry price point for Breville juicers||Compact design takes up less space, with all of the juicing capabilities of the other juicers|
|Type of Juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Masticating/slow juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal|
|Motor||1200 watt||1000 watt||900 watt||240 watt||850 watt||700 watt|
|Speed||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 13,000rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 13,000rpm||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 12,500rpm||80rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm||13,000rpm|
|Materials|| || || || || || |
|Innovations|| || || || || || |
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. If you don't own the BJS600XL then you shouldn't be writing a review about it. The most helpful review here is a review comparing another masticating juicer to a Breville Centrifugal juicer. Really?
2. You should know the difference between a masticating and a Centrifugal juicer. If you don't know try google. If you are going to spend money, you should spend some time investigating the differences and what suits you better. While you are at it check some YouTube videos comparing the differences.
3. The BJS600XL has BPA free plastic parts. This should be obvious from the pics and description.
4. There are YouTube videos showing how to assemble this. You don't need a PHD...
Now the Pros:
1. Price point, this has gone for sale below 200 dollars a couple of times the last 6 months.
2. Pulp that comes out is pretty dry. This is especially important if you are buying organic produce to juice daily. Your monthly Produce bill might be comparable to the amount you paid for your juicer.
3. Juice that comes out is pretty good and tastes amazing and does not have plastic in it. (Check reviews on some other juicers)
4. Low footprint. Takes less of the counter-space. It's quiet as well.
5. Juice has a little bit pulp, which is the way I like it. If you don't like a little bit of pulp use a strainer.
Now the cons:
1. You need to cut your produce into smaller chunks (smaller than an inch)
2. Clean up is painful. it takes me about 15-20 mins to clean (esp the strainer). Parts are not dishwasher safe.
3. Although obvious it is not as fast as a centrifugal one
1. To make cleaning easier, run some water through the unit at the end of juicing.
2. Wash the parts immediately after juicing
3. Follow up dry vegetables with juicier ones. Mix it up. It helps.
4. If the juicer gets stuck, just run the juicer in reverse and you should be good.
The prep work is longer than a centrifugal juicer, and you do have to put the victims (ahem, vegetables) in more delicately, but the taste, texture, and nutritional difference will keep you coming back for more.
The juices also last longer because the ingredients aren't exposed to the air as much as with a centrifugal type.
This unit is very quiet. I'm not sure what to compare it to, maybe an ant hill rock concert. It won't wake you up, but you'll wanna shake your thorax if you're in the kitchen.
Beware: Juicing recipes may have to be halved using this juicer! You get so much more out of each chunk than you ever have before.
The biggest con would be the cleaning. But really, if you start filling up the sink with soapy hot water while you're chopping your ingredients, it's not bad. You'll thank yourself for not letting it sit dirty for too long. It comes with a brush that really gets into the mesh that keeps the pulp from getting into your juice. (pulp in juice can make it harder for your body to absorb the nutrients)
Do your body a favor and take a chance with a hot little juicer named Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer.
I can't give feedback about my Breville juicer without bringing Anthony William into the conversation. He is my favorite 'health guru', and recommends Breville. I've had a horrid cold for a couple of weeks. The Ginger-Tumeric Shots in his Life Changing Foods book calls for juice of fresh ginger, juice of fresh turmeric, juice of garlic cloves, and juice of oranges. Wow! This Breville juicer juiced all of these different kinds of foods perfectly! Sit down when drinking the shot glass of tonic! It knocks a punch, and it knocked my cold bug out too!!! Thank you Breville! Thank you Anthony William! Thank you Amazon! I received my juicer the same day I ordered it!
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased this product in 2014 and it worked for 2 years as i used it intermittently.Read more