Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Breville USA BKE595XL The Crystal Clear Electric K..." and save 24% off the $99.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Breville USA BKE595XL The Crystal Clear Electric Kettle
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- German Schott Glass
- Soft opening lid slowly releases steam and prevents splashing
- Ergonomic handle with lid release button
- BPA Free - all parts in contact with water
- Safety Auto Shut-Off and Boil Dry Protection
- Kindly refer user manual before using the item
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|The Soft Top Pure BKE700||The Crystal Clear Kettle BKE595||The IQ Kettle BKE820||The IQ Kettle Pure BKE830||The Tea Maker BTM800|
|On/Off Switch||✓||✓||Start button||Start button||Start button|
|Variable Temperature (5 pre-set)||✓||✓||✓|
|Water Window / Scale Filter / 360 degree swivel base||2 water windows; 360 degree swivel base; cord storage||Schott Glass kettle; 360 degree swivel base; cord storage||2 water windows; 360 degree swivel base; cord storage||Schott Glass kettle; 360 degree swivel base; cord storage||Schott Glass kettle; 360 degree swivel base; cord storage|
|Keep Warm||20 min||20 min||20 min|
|Soft opening lid / Ergonomic Handle||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Housing Stainless Steel||✓||Y + Schott Glass||✓||Y + Schott Glass||Y + Schott Glass|
|Tea||5 pre-set temperatures for green, white, oolong, french press, and black tea||5 pre-set temperatures for green, white, oolong, french press, and black tea||Stainless steel tea basket; Basket auto lift & lower; Pre-set temperatures; Customizable temperature & brew time; LCD timer with variable brew time; Auto start|
|Safety Auto Shut-off & Boil Dry Protection||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Royal Electric Kettle (BPA Free) - Fast Boiling Glass Tea Kettle (1.7L) Cordless, Stainless Steel Finish Hot Water Kettle – Glass Tea Kettle, Tea Pot – Hot Water Dispenser
Breville BKE830XL The IQ Kettle Pure, Silver
Secura SWK-1701DB The Original Stainless Steel Double Wall Electric Water Kettle 1.8 Quart
OXO On Cordless Glass Electric Kettle, Stainless Steel
Russell Hobbs Glass 1.7L Electric Kettle, Silver & Stainless Steel, KE7900GYR
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Equinox Int||Amazon.com||Lafraise||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.63 x 8 x 13 in||7.6 x 9.1 x 10.6 in||7.2 x 8.7 x 10.5 in||8 x 8 x 12 in||6.26 x 9.02 x 11.22 in||8.2 x 6.7 x 9.8 in|
|Material Type||Glass||Glass||Stainless Steel||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel||Glass|
The Breville BKE595XL Crystal Clear Electric Kettle ensures a more pure boil using the natural purity of glass.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This kettle looks wonderful. The design is elegant and it looks great staying out on the kitchen counter with other oft used items like a juicer, toaster or coffee maker. To facilitate this Breville has recessed the base of the unit to allow you to conveniently wind the cord to the ideal length for your needs so the unit looks aesthetically pleasing without miles of cord sticking out.
The kettle functions perfectly. There are clearly marked measurements on the side of the jug to avoid overfilling. These should be carefully adhered to because this kettle gets the water to a rolling boil quickly and if you've overfilled it some splashing will occur.
The slow opening lid is a nice touch because you don't end up with a rush of steam attacking you upon opening it. Also it sits nicely on the base without the click in feature some other kettles have. This is a plus in my book because when a kettle clicks into it's base sometime when you pick it up the base comes with it. This will never be a problem with this kettle.
Onto the things I dislike.
First off no bells or whistles, literally. There is no audio indication that the kettle has finished boiling. For the $99 price tag I don't think it's too much to ask for even a little bell activated by the switch flipping to the off position at the end of it's cycle.
Secondly a major reason I purchased this kettle is that it's not constructed of plastic. BPA is a major health concern these days and obviously with glass we don't have to worry about that. Breville specifically states that no parts that come in contact with water contain BPA but I'm now uncomfortable with the thought of plastic and hot water together. This shouldn't be a problem with this glass kettle except that there is a sediment filter in front of the spout made of plastic and wire mesh. I'm sure, just as advertised, this part is BPA free but we are constantly finding out new and horrific things about the safety of plastics and I'd simply rather avoid the issue all together. The filter IS removable but the directions mention numerous times that it should NOT be removed and it's required for proper kettle operation. Not being any kind of engineer I can't imagine why this is but I'd hate to find out the hard way.
All in all this is a great product. The price is good, the look is great and the functionality nearly superb. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes to make tea, oatmeal or ramen regularly and quickly.
and won't close. There is plastic strip that attaches the handle to the glass -- and the heat and weight of the water eventually pulls the plastic away from the glass. The outcome is that the lid won't close. I can use it now only by putting a heavy lid from a sauce pan over the top of it to keep the lid closed. I am SO disappointed. It is beautiful, however, there is a major design flaw that needs to be corrected. I'm perplexed at all the 5 Star Reviews. Please let me know if anyone else had this experience. I'm calling Breville today and asking for my money back.
- The flat base platform design doesn't allow for a quick return of the kettle into position. I have to wiggle the heavy kettle around left-right to set the kettle in to the base.
- Water is in contact with a plastic gasket on the bottom. This is the gasket that connects the stainless steel bottom to the glass.
- The "on" button doesn't snap back into the "off" position. Another brand model I had previously, conveniently automatically turned off when I emptied up the kettle in the process of heating up (because most of the times I don't want the boiled water to reboil, just heat up). An empty kettle will eventually stop heating up, but the button will not return back into the "off" position.
- The small "bpa free" text printed on the glass above the max line is so small and hard to read, that most people mistake it for the max line and fill to it, which results in boiling water spilling.
- Under the lid there are small plastic screw toppers that fall out and prevent the lid from closing. Removed them.
Most recent customer reviews
I think my favorite part it’s that you can see when the water starts to boil and when it’s done.
So far So Good!
It boils the water 3 times faster than our previous one (3 minutes instead of 10 min for 1.Read more