Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother
|You Save:||$20.04 (13%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Latte frothing disc for smooth and silky milk. Please review the Product Videos under the images before use.
- Cappucino frothing disk for thick and creamy froth
- Hot chocolate maker, by simply adding drinking chocolate powder, flakes or syrup to the warming milk
- On-board disc storage
- Product uses induction heating, you can simply place the jug in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother
Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother B001UHZAYS
Capresso frothPRO 202 Automatic Milk Frother B003LXY2HA
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Color||Stainless Steel||Black||Stainless Steel||Silver|
Creamy milk and hot chocolate maker. Hot milk drinks are best when made with the smallest bubbles. Rather than a bubble bath, it's that creamy consistency that creates a rich hot chocolate or a smooth latte or cappuccino. The Milk Café uses induction heating and spinning to make those small bubbles. Simply choose the appropriate frothing disc -- latte for a creamy result, the cappuccino disc for more froth -- fill with enough milk for one or up to three cups, select your temperature, and start. The Milk Café will froth and turn itself off when the desired temperature is achieved ... NOTE: Kindly refer to the user manual for any trouble shooting or guidelines regarding the item.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's EFFORTLESS! I can stumble into the kitchen in the wee hours of the morning, splash some milk into the Breville, put the lid on, push the button, and stagger off to the bathroom to begin my morning routine. By the time my teeth are brushed and eyes de-crusted, the Breville has prepared the most luscious, creamy frothed milk for me and is ready for the next task.
2. It's VERSATILE! Whether my preferred brew is coffee, chai latte, eggnog, cocoa, or even bone broth, the Breville is my Guy Friday. With precision settings (marked in degrees Fahrenheit on the dial) ranging from "Cold Stir" to almost boiling, I just choose the temperature I want and drop in the appropriate insert (either the frothing ring or the smoother warming-only ring), pour in my drink of choice, and let the Breville do its thing. If I'm using powdered anything (cocoa powder, gunpowder tea, etc.), I stick around to pour in the powder as the liquid warms. Powders are a bit more fuss (see instruction manual and abundant owner comments on the topic for details), but it's a pretty fair trade-off, since the Breville never flings powdered drink mix at me, leaves it sitting on the top of my drink in a clump, or lets it accumulate in its nooks and crannies to become a rock-hard accessory over time. Note: I don't own a microwave, so when my tea starts to go cold, or I want a warm eggnog fresh from the fridge, it goes straight into the Breville for a quick and easy warm-up - no nuking required!
3. It's impeccably CLEAN! If I had a dishwasher, all but the base (which never comes in contact with the liquid) could go in the top rack for a quick cleaning. Since I don't, I just rinse out the stainless steel container, ring insert, and lid in warm water immediately after use. Swish, swish, DONE! Even stickier liquids are easily removed with a quick swipe of the dish brush or swirling in soapy water. It's cleaned up and ready for the next round in seconds.
4. It's a WORKHORSE! With stainless steel housing, a solidly built magnetic-induction base, few moving parts, and Breville's famously sturdy and reliable manufacturing, I can count on my Breville to faithfully deliver gourmet results time after time for a good, long while. I can't say that for any of the cheaper alternatives I've tried over the years - I think the record for any other product (all of which have endured frequent use in our busy household) stands at 10 months. Most have given up the ghost in much less time than that, but the Breville is built to meet the challenge for years to come.
5. It's a SHOWPIECE! Although it has a relatively small footprint, the Breville is the superstar of my kitchen. Its superior function is matched by elegant form, and guests frequently eye it with envy as it whips up their drink of choice with style and grace. "I wish I had one of those!" is a common refrain among visitors.
I highly recommend the Breville Frother to anyone who wonders how a kitchen gadget can become the object of one's affection. You'll soon wonder how you ever got along without your beloved Breville.
After much research, I chose this one over the Aerolatte for a few reasons: it has a greater milk capacity; the temperature is adjustable; and the milk container is dishwasher-safe (as opposed to the Aerolatte's, which has electronic parts attached to it and has to be carefully hand-washed). I have to say, I'm quite pleased with the purchase. Some of the other reviews made me nervous about ordering, but the features were important enough to make it worth a try. Trust me, it really is a matter of adjusting to the quirks--although the manual isn't really helpful with those!
For me, it was the cold milk that was usually the problem. I'd pour in the milk, then assemble coffee stuff or mix-ins, and in the meantime it would get condensation on the bottom that would somehow fool the machine into thinking something was wrong. It would start up, then beep three times and shut off--which the manual says means the milk level is too low, although that clearly wasn't the case. But I've found that as long as I start the machine as soon as I pour in the milk, it works fine every time. Basically, any kind of moisture on the outside of the milk container will cause it to shut off.
But once you get going, it takes about three or four minutes for huge, billowy clouds of to foam form on top of the perfect-temperature milk--every time. (I use skim, and unlike other cappuccino makers I've used, the brand doesn't seem to make a difference in the amount of foam.) I've had good success making hot chocolate with cocoa powder and sugar. Although it does foam much less than plain milk, it's creamy and gorgeous, with no graininess or undissolved ingredients (and it's great with Kahlua mixed in!). With the adjustable thermostat, I can make a vanilla steamer for my four-year-old daughter that's the perfect temperature for her. Even at the higher temperatures, I've never had a problem with scalding or burning or sticking.
Cleaning is a breeze--the stainless-steel milk container can go in the dishwasher, but it's so easy to hand wash that I've actually only run it through the DW once. The milk really just rinses right out without scrubbing.
And the cord storage and the storage space for the extra frothing disk work well, unlike some other appliances I own that make it impossible to wind the cord up neatly.
Aside from the diva factor, my only complaint is that the minimum amount of milk required is too much when I just want to make a small, one-shot cappuccino; but I think this is the case for the Aerolatte as well. My daughter doesn't mind, though, because she's the beneficiary of all my extra foam!
UPDATE: I've had this for over two years now, and it's still going strong. After using a wider variety of milk brands, I do find that a few won't froth quite as well as others. Costco skim is probably the worst, but it's still OK for a latte. Oh, and I do find that if you're going to use powdered mix-ins, you have to set the temperature higher than you normally would; the milk seems to stay a bit cooler than the thermostat indicates, and the powder dissolves better at higher temps (especially granulated sugar in homemade cocoa mix).
Very occasionally it will get temperamental on me for some unknown reason, but a jiggle of the frothing disk or a brief cool-down period is usually enough to get it working again. I honestly don't know what I'd do without this thing!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
IT is very easy to use and clean.
I love the fact you can choose the milk temperature.Read more