Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
|Price:||$248.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Element IQ delievers the right power at the right time and when adjusted to taste, remembers
- 9 present functions: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat and Warm
- 1800W with 5 Quartz heating elements
- Backlit, easy-read LCD changes from blue to oragne when cooking
- 1 Year Limited Product Warranty
- Place the oven on a flat, dry surface. Ensure there is a minimum distance of 4" (10cm) of space on both sides of the appliance.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
|Price||$248.00||$259.00||Add to cart to see price. Why?||$238.00|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Happy Haus||Modern Home Products||Amazon.com||aSavings|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Brushed Stainless|
|Dimensions||11.2 inches x 18.5 inches x 16.2 inches||20 inches x 17 inches x 12 inches||12.1 inches x 18 inches x 16.1 inches||13 inches x 22.5 inches x 18.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||26.2 pounds||35 pounds||21.8 pounds||32.25 pounds|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
BOV450XL: Mini Smart Oven
BOV650XL: Compact Smart Oven
BOV800XL: Smart Oven
|Dimensions||16x13x9 inches||16.5x15.5x10.25 inches||18.5x16.25x11.25 inches|
|Capacity||11 inch pizza, 4 toast slices||12 inch pizza, 4 toast slices||13 inch pizza, 6 toast slices|
|Heating Elements||4 (quartz)||4 (quartz)||5 (quartz)|
|Accessories||Baking pan||Baking pan, broil rack||Baking pan, broil rack, pizza pan|
Why the Breville Smart Oven?
Every Breville product begins with a simple moment of brilliance. The Breville Smart Oven began with the simple fact that different foods require different methods of heating: some, like baked goods, need to be cooked evenly; others, like meats, need to be seared on top. Most toaster ovens fail to distribute heat in a consistent way throughout their interiors, let alone change heat distribution to suit the different foods being prepared. This is how the Breville Smart Oven stands apart: whatever the food, it adjusts its heat distribution for perfect results.
An oven that does the thinking for you
The Smart Oven is equipped with Element IQ cooking technology, which adjusts the power of the five individual quartz heating elements to cook food more evenly and quickly. This sophisticated heating system distributes heat throughout the oven when and where it is needed, to guarantee more efficient cooking. Nine different menu options allow users to choose the best setting for the food they are cooking. In addition to dynamically distributing heat to different areas, the Smart Oven can adjust the wattage of its heating elements for even more cooking flexibility. Most ovens have elements with fixed wattage that can only switch between ON and OFF, but Element IQ functions much like a dimmer on a light switch, increasing or decreasing element power with a simple turn of the knob.
For example, broiling requires high heat from above in order to melt and brown, so the Smart Oven activates 1500W of high heat from the top elements of the oven. On the other hand, toast needs to be cooked evenly on both sides without drying out the inside, so the Smart Oven uses high radiated heat from above and below (1800W distributed between four elements) to crisp the outside quickly.
Baking utilizes another feature of the Smart Oven that contributes to even heating: convection heating. Convection cooking uses a fan to circulate hot air so all sides of the food cook at the same rate. This is particularly important for baked goods, such as cookies and cakes, which need to be cooked evenly all the way through.
Each of these nine functions is preset with recommended settings, taking the guesswork out of cooking. However, each can be customized according to recipe, volume of food, or personal taste. Customized settings will remain in the memory of the oven until changed or until the oven is unplugged from the wall outlet, streamlining your cooking process.
Designed with the consumer in mind
The Smart Oven is carefully constructed from the most durable materials. It is attractively housed in reinforced stainless steel, a striking addition to any kitchen. The elements themselves are composed of quartz, rather than the metal elements found in other toaster ovens. Quartz responds more quickly to heat change, which results in more even heating throughout the oven. The roomy interior is coated with a non-stick material that can safely withstand high temperatures, making cleanup easier. A crumb/drip tray that is accessible from the front of the oven (rather than the back, like many other toaster ovens) also makes it easier to clean between cooking sessions. In addition, the oven includes a patented magnetic auto-eject rack: small magnets embedded on the sides of the oven door pull the wire rack halfway from the oven when the door is opened, making food easier to remove and preventing burns.
At 18.5 x16.25 x11.25 inches, the Breville Smart Oven is not too small but not too large. It is larger than most toaster ovens, with space to comfortably fit six slices of toast, a 13-inch pizza, or a whole chicken. However, as a countertop convection oven, it is more space-efficient than a conventional wall oven. A smaller oven means less time to heat up and less time to cook, perfect for preparing a meal in a hurry (or for cooks who like to create in the heat of the moment). This also translates into a cooler kitchen (particularly convenient in the hot summer months) and less energy consumed.
- Easy-clean, stainless steel housing with ribbed plate warming tray
- Non-Stick Interior with 3 rack positions
- 13” pizza, 6-slice toast capacity
- Tempered glass door
- Magnetic auto-eject rack
- 5 quartz elements with Element IQ for smart cooking
- Back-lit easy-read LCD that calculates the correct the time and temperature, illuminating orange during preheating and cooking and blue once the cycle is complete
- Function dial with 9 pre-set cooking functions: bake, broil, roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, toast, warm
- Temperature and time dial with auto shut-off and sound alert
- Easily removable pull-out crumb tray
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 5:36 Mins|
Things that we enjoy
+ Depending on the setting (Broil/Bake/Toast) you have the ability to manage the temperature zones in the oven. This helps to ensure perfect cooking depending on you individual requirements.
+ The magnetic door helps to prevent any burns (see video)
+ Door seals nicely - reducing energy waste and the unneeded heating of your home.
+ 9 programmable settings - HOWEVER - you also have the ability to tailor the settings to your individual needs.
+ Nice Stainless steel finish will look nice in all kitchens.
+ Despite being stainless steel the surface of the oven does not show too many fingerprints.
+ Three pans included - Pizza - Baking - Broiling
+ Great operating manual
+ Not just a standard toaster oven - this is also a convection oven!
+ AS A OVEN IT WORKS GREAT
Areas to improve
- The cord is a little short (less than 3 feet) - while many people may appreciate a short cord it does mean that you have to have outlet near a space where you plan to use the oven.
- You may not be able to operate other appliances on your electrical circuit - At full heat the Smart Oven will pull between 15-20 amps - make sure that you have at least a 20amp breaker on the plug that you are using.
Final Verdict.... this is an easy 5 stars - purchase with confidence.
1. The instruction book (with about 30 recipes & ideas) is very easy to understand and follow. We had it up and going in minutes, doing the initial heating for 15 minutes to rid the heating elements of a protective coating. There was some odor (no smoke) with this process, but not that bad, and I just opened a window slightly. After this, there was no smell at all when I cooked.
2. The oven door has magnetized areas that pull the oven rack about half way out when you open the door. It's a great concept, and guess what? -- it works! Makes it so handy to get your food out without reaching in and risking a burn.
3. The interior has .8 cubic feet of space. A 12" x 12" enamel baking pan, with broil rack, and a 13" non-stick pizza pan are included, and fit snugly inside -- a pan any bigger wouldn't fit. I made 12 cupcakes at a time on the pizza pan (using silicone muffin cups) and had plenty of room. (The pizza pan didn't buckle or warp, so it's obviously a sturdy piece.) My 1/4 sheet pan and several other pieces I have fit nicely inside, which I'm so pleased about. This thing fits 6 pieces of toast! (I want to mention that they don't advise using glass baking dishes in the oven. I'm scared of breakage that I've read about, so I don't use glass anymore anyway.)
3. The glass door has markings on it to tell you which position to put the rack in (bottom, middle or top), depending on what you're cooking.
4.Read more ›
The other reviewers have already said much of what I would have written. The 'Out of Box Experience' is superb. As another reviewer noted, the packaging is quite a bit like Apple's (see photos) - attractive graphics on an inner box protected in an outer, recyclable box. The oven itself, when compared to the Cuisinart TOB-165 that we have been using (or even the stainless steel TOB-195 model), is like comparing an Apple Mac to a Dell: visually more stylish and appealing, better engineered 'guts', and once operated, functionally very well thought out.
A few years ago, our old toaster oven died and we migrated to the Cuisinart which, like this Breville BOV800XL, is a convection oven / toaster / broiler. We liked it so much, that we gifted several more to friends and family. Ah, if only this Breville had ben available then...
The Breville is so vastly superior in every way - function, capacity, ease of use, and ease of cleaning. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
The timer on the Breville turns the oven off at the end of any kind of cycle as you would expect - toast, bagel, bake, broil, pizza, etc.This is hugely wonderful compared to the Cuisinart unit which only turns itself off after toasting - you have to remember to turn it off when in any other mode. (The Cuisinart's timer is 'dumb' - just a beeper.) Also, each Breville cycle has smart default settings, and can remember your own settings for temperature and time, or slices (toast) and darkness, etc.
The BOV800XL accomodates a 13" pizza pan (included). We made two pizzas tonight to test the oven, one fresh (deli) the other frozen.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The unit worked great and was awesome. For 14 months, just beyond the one year warranty...Published 7 hours ago by MysticRyuujin
OK, they force the star thing, but wanted to get the attention of potential owners.
We really loved this item. Easy to use and works fantastic. Read more
We love it so far! We mostly use for toasting things and warming things up, but we love the timed cooking and knowing it will turn off. Read morePublished 1 day ago by jmsh
My oven broke after 21/2 years of daily use. It stopped heating. I was hoping this toaster lasted longer than just 2 years for the price. Read morePublished 2 days ago by S. Bhaskaran
This smart oven is an essential part of our kitchen!! It is easy to use and offers options for fixing meals fast and effectively! Read morePublished 3 days ago by Kindle Reader
Have had this unit for about 4 yrs, use it everyday for most everything. Only complaint is the time it takes to toast..Published 3 days ago by JB