Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $44.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Breville BOV845BKS Smart Oven Pro, Countertop Convection Oven, Black Sesame
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches|
|Item Weight||22.8 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 10 cooking functions as an interior oven light guides you to perfection
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro's convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by stripping away the cold air that surrounds your food
- 10 Cooking Functions: versatile countertop oven with 10 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Warm and Slow cook
- Smart Oven with Slow Cook Function: Take your time to tenderize and develop complex flavors using the slow cook function, designed for long cook times at low temperatures; Slow Cook for up to 10 hours before the setting automatically turns to keep warm
- Large Capacity: Large 18.5 x 15.7 x 11.1 inch interior with enough room for 6 slices of bread, 13 inch pizza, roast chicken and a 9 cup muffin tray and even for slow cooking with a 4.4 qt Dutch oven
- Interior Oven Light: Integrated oven light automatically turns on at the end of the cooking cycle to help you see inside; Auto shut off and independently controlled button; Replaceable componentry like your regular large oven.
Frequently bought together
Discover similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Breville BOV845BKSUSC Smart Pro Countertop Oven, Black Sesame
There’s heat, and there’s smart heat. Element IQ transfers heat intelligently across 5 quartz elements for precise and stable heat just where and when you want it for perfect results, every time. Super fast 1800W preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly.
You’re not a Pro without an inbuilt fan that circulates the hot air within your oven. Convection speeds the cooking process by raising hotter air and sinking colder, less dense air for quicker heating.
Compare with similar items
| || |
LUBY Convection Toaster Oven with Timer, Toast, Broil Settings, Includes Baking Pan, Rack and Crumb Tray, 6-Slice, Red
Calphalon Performance Air Fry Convection Oven, Countertop Toaster Oven, Dark Stainless Steel
Breville BOV670BSS Smart Oven Compact Convection, Brushed Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||The Valley People|
|Item Dimensions||18.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches||18 x 11 x 11 inches||18.7 x 15.8 x 11.6 inches||17 x 16 x 10 inches|
|Item Weight||22.80 lbs||17.69 lbs||—||1.00 lbs|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Iron, default_no_selection_value||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
The smart oven Pro with element IQ is an essential tool for the cook who desires a countertop oven that bakes the perfect pizza pie, crispy yet chewy cookies, toasts evenly and roasts succulent meat. The convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%. Do not place cardboard, plastic, paper, or other flammable materials in the oven
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The problem seems to be a batch of faulty motherboards which can't withstand the heat of a full cooking cycle. The first two BOV845 which I received (new, not refurbished) toasted great, and re-heated great. But when I put each through a 40-minute bake, each in turn displayed the fatal error code E05, and shut down. Breville's instruction booklet directs you to unplug the oven immediately and return it for service. Note: this problem is not limited to the BOV845; I have read Amazon reviews of the compact version too, returning the same fatal error code.
So I boxed up and returned my first unit, and Breville sent a second. And I boxed up and returned that second oven for the same E05 error code defect, and sent it back. But I have heard the conventional definition of insanity... and wanted out of this loop of boxing and returning BOV845 ovens.
Williams Sonoma offers a Smart Oven Air Fryer (please know, this is NOT the same as the Smart Oven Air-- the "Air" is a much larger oven which will not fit on many countertops). The Smart Oven Air Fryer is even more beautiful than the BOV845, with chrome trim around its window, and a 1-piece looking, brushed stainless handle. It retails for $70 more than I paid for my BOV845, but Sonoma gives you a discount when you open their credit card, which made the price even. Why did I want to try this other unit? Because with the addition of the air fry feature, I was most certainly dealing with a slightly different motherboard. And I am banking that the E05 fault is a Chinese manufacturing defect, and not a design defect [eg. insufficient insulation]; thus the flaw would be (hopefully) limited to the BOV845 motherboards.
Well, I've put this new Smart Oven Air Fryer BOV900 through a few 40-minute cook cycles now, without a problem. It's re-heating and toasting like a champ too. Like I said, we'll see if that lasts. Meantime, these 845s are great when they work. If you don't mind boxing up a dud or two before you get a working one, go for it.
Breville, for their part, has responsive customer support, even through these challenging Covid times. They replaced the 1st unit, and refunded the 2nd unit, but refused to upgrade me to get away from these faulty motherboards. They even pushed their theory that my home outlet was at fault. Since that wall outlet is now servicing the BOV900 flawlessly (and served the predecessor Krups quartz oven flawlessly for 6 years as well), their theory is junk. Breville also refused to refund the aftermarket Amazon warranty I purchased alongside this BOV845. So in addition to all my re-boxing efforts, and my time without a working oven, I'm out another 20 bucks thanks to Breville.
So I'm not saying buyer look elsewhere, since I find these ovens so desirable. But definitely, buyer beware.
Easy controls, very responsive. Note that when you use some of the functions, a pre-heating cycle automatically begins WITHOUT the timer. So if you put your food into the oven before the little beep tells you the oven is pre-heated, you will end up with overcooked food. Just a cautionary note. It's a nice function, as long as you know it's there. (I guess it helps to read the manual.)
Good size for a countertop. It provides ample cooking space for medium-sized dishes without taking up too much space.
Having said that, this is an example of getting what you pay for. It came well protected by its packaging, no dings, nor scratches. It is solidly built, and has a lot of nice features.
The control panel is clear, easy to read, and well labeled. Food cooks evenly - no more one sided toast in our kitchen! The convection option and large size make this unit a great option for using in offices, workshops, apartments without built-in oven, etc. You can't cook a whole turkey in it, but you can do a nice sized chicken.
Unlike with our old toaster oven, I have noticed that this Breville is really well insulated, so objects nearby are not getting toasted along with the food.
Nice features list:
- magnetic door makes rack self-ejecting
- crumb tray is under the door, not inside, for easier removal
- electrical plug has a finger cutout, much safer than yanking on a cord with stiff socket prongs
- oven light!
- we plug ours in only when using it, and every time you plug it in, the oven *sings* way too loudly
Yes, I can see from the control panel lighting up that the system has power. I happen to be quite fond of my eardrums, and would rather the "hello, I'm awake and ready to cook" alert was a little quieter. If not for this volume issue, that we hear every, single jse of the oven, Breville would have earned 5 stars. Since I can't cut a star in half, 4 star rating.