Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker with EasySear Insert
|Price:||$129.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stainless-steel 7-quart slow cooker with wrap-around heating element
- Nonstick, die-cast-aluminum insert can be used for stovetop searing or oven roasting
- Temperature-control dial; 3 heat settings; domed stainless-steel lid; removable cord
- Removable silicone handle covers; stainless-steel roasting rack included
- Measures approximately 18-1/4 by 11-1/2 by 9-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker with EasySear Insert
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||9.5 inches x 18.25 inches x 11.5 inches||10.5 inches x 18 inches x 11 inches||13.8 inches x 13.2 inches x 19.5 inches||15.2 inches x 9.9 inches x 15.2 inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I like the fact that the insert can be used on my cooktop--I consider that its best feature. That is why I bought this small appliance. The size and shape is next on my list of what I like about it. It does hold quite a lot, and its large size makes it very easy to manipulate the contents. So much easier than in the upright, round one that I have been using. I thought I would find the size too big, but that's not the case.
It took a few tries to find the right flame height and right timing for browning meat in this insert. It definitely does not conduct heat like my tri-ply SS pots and pans, (not that I expected aluminum to do a comparable job). But I've finally got it mastered and I'm not having any trouble browning meats--it just takes longer. Using the insert on the cooktop has saved me clean-up time--exactly what I was wishing for.
I'm having some frustration dealing with the solid lid. I didn't realize how much I would miss my glass lid.....How to check on the cooking process without a glass lid?!? So I lift the lid more often. So far that's not really caused any problems, because after I put the lid back on, I put the heat on high for a little while. Not the best practice, but it works: Precision is not needed for the slow cooking I've been doing.
Re: Construction: This small appliance is made very cheaply. The stainless steel lid is not substantial. The handles on the lid and the sides do NOT protect from heat.Read more ›
I love the easy sear insert and the included roasting rack. Seared meat and vegetables have much more flavor. With this slow cooker, you are able to sear a roast in the insert over the stovepot, take the roast out to insert the rack, put the roast back in, add the rest of your ingredients, and then put the insert into the slow cooker until finished. So easy and so tasty! You can also use the insert to make dishes normally not done in a slow cooker. After cooking the dish on the stove, you can put it in the slow cooker and keep it warm. Perfect for potluck dinners. You can't go wrong with this Breville Slow Cooker!
- very poor quality non stick coating. I had to return one because it came with a huge scratch. Now after just a using this one a few times it has lots of small defects and scratches in the coating. I only use wood or plastic utensils and gently clean with a sponge.
- The low setting is not low. It boils the chili stew or soup even on low stetting. My old croc pot did not do this is was great for keeping things warm or slowly cooking all day. THIS IS NOT. Breville says you need to fill the pot all the way to disperse the heat....well I don't allways want to fill that large pot up...in fact most times I don't.
With a few improvements this could be great but its not there yet. I probably would not buy it again.
Product broke after less than one year and maybe 12 uses. The switch failed and I hear parts rattling around inside.
OVERALL VERY POOR QUALITY
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Breville: Don't discontinue this thing! It works, it's awesome, it's the BEST slow cooker concept EVER!!Published 3 months ago by Leerador
Wonderful Machine!! Anything by Breville is going to exhibit QUALITY!!!Published 4 months ago by Robert W. Stearn
I bought this as a gift, I also have one. I love cooking in it. No more mess.Published 4 months ago by pat
This is an excellent slow cooker and the insert is very easy to clean. It is really good for browning on your range before you start to cook. Save using another ppanPublished 5 months ago by Thomas Harris
I thought long and hard before making this purchase. After reading the many reviews I went away thinking this item cooks too fast, scratches easily and is possibly cheaply made (in... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Gregory B.
I could not live without this slow cooker. I was so excited to find one that is aluminum with a nonstick surface and this size. I use this at least 3 times a weeks. Read morePublished 7 months ago by RC