Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 342 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 396 reviews
on April 3, 2014
I could not wait to get this item. My George Foreman (one of the original ones) died on me a few weeks ago. I took to the net and started combing reviews. As I came upon poor quality reviews about current GF's, I decided to broaden my research. My next choice was the Cuisinart, but once I read a certain amount of poor quality reviews, despite how ever many praises, I back off. Next, I came upon the Breville Panini and didn't read not 1 review about poor quality; there we go. Okay, the basics: received the product very quickly -- 2 days. It was well packaged; didn't give the appearance that it was a formally-returned product. The quality was immediately noticeable. Instructions were a quick read. There were no issues with smoking, when I plugged it in (read that on some reviews). Cleanup is a breeze, even after melted cheese. As long as you wipe up while it's luke warm, with a paper towel or cloth, you're good to go. Now, here's why I'm not as impressed as I'd like to be: my sandwiches (I make thick, tall ones) have not been as hot, especially inside, as I would like them to be. Once I close the top, contents of the sandwich sort of swish outwards, sometimes. I paid attention on my 2nd go round to ensure that I was placing the sandwich towards the back, as instructed. The same end result. I decreased my sandwich height, but the same occurred. I experimented with cooking eggs, hash browns, mushrooms, onions and sausage on the grill. Eventually, it turned out quite tasty, but the length of time was not worth it. Had I used my stove top, it would have taken half the time. I have made a traditional grilled cheese and it was very good. Though I'm not excited as I had anticipated, I am keeping it and will experiment with it some more. I have a standard apartment kitchen and my countertop space isn't compromised, whether I place it vertically or horizontally. It's presents quality, is good looking and matches my stainless steel and black appliances. I wish I could give it 4 or 5 stars, but can't.
on September 30, 2016
I was a bit worried about buying due to the bad reviews. I ended up going for it and I'm very impressed. My husband and I both work so sometimes dinner can be difficult to get to. This makes a very quick dinner, lunch, or breakfast. Fantastic products. Heats up super fast. To turn on you plug in and to turn off unplug. Very basic design with high functionality equals great products that won't break. Solid build!!!!
review image review image review image
on May 30, 2017
So far, I've not discovered the limits to what I can do with the Panini Duo, but I have now given my toaster oven away as it did nothing that I wanted to do that the Breville doesn't do better. The plates, although not reversible, clean easily and I've not needed to use anything more than a wet paper towel to have them ready fro the next sandwich. It heats quickly, cooks efficiently and cleans easily--a winner for me.
on June 2, 2017
So finally I bought Breville Panini maker after due consideration and comparing with various other products. It serves the purpose and is very useful for a family of 4. In one go I can make 4 sandwiches/ open toasties. However after few uses I realize that the base gets heated up after using it twice and the bread starts getting burnt. So you need to let the machine cool down a bit before you can use it again. which i guess is not so bad. No smoke, no smell and easy to use. I like it and can't wait to experiment more.
on December 28, 2016
This is a big hit in my house. It's simple to use, the temperature is perfect so things don't burn, it's easy to clean, the grill marks on top look professional and it tucks away neatly when not in use. My only complaint is you can't leave it plugged in, there's no on/off switch, but the cord has a hole in it to easily plug and unplug it.
I was hesitant because I don't really have room for another appliance but this is worth the counter space. My teen boys have been happily making themselves elaborate sandwiches and quesadillas since we got it for Christmas, they have even been putting spinach in their sandwiches.
on April 25, 2017
I purchased this panini press after checking out the reviews for various models. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it doesn't have an on-off switch. I guess I missed that. Otherwise, it doesn't take long to heat up, sandwiches are nicely browned without using oil or butter, and the contents are hot. Thicker breads or rolls take some extra time and had to be moved a few times. The top really isn't heavy enough to flatten them out. It's easy to clean even with melted cheese.
on January 21, 2013
We read tons of reviews for this press and others before we bought this one. We have had it three months and use it everyday. We make way more than sandwiches on it. We have made pancakes, toast, cookies, and we heat up our son's dinners some nights (frozen tots, fries, nuggets, stuff like that). Overall we are incredibly pleased with how it cooks and its many uses. We have two gripes and they are kinda big: there is NO on/off switch. You turn it on and turn it off with the power cord. Sometimes when I pull it there's a spark. I don't like that! And the plates aren't removable for cleaning. It's not such a big deal for the bottom plate, that one seems to clean up pretty easily as long as you wipe it while it's warm. Even still, there is some discoloration. But the top plate is a PAIN to clean. The angle is awkward. And I cannot get it to come completely clean no matter what I try. The grill is only three months old but it looks like I've been using it for 100 years. Not happy about that.
on May 5, 2017
I love Breville products and this one is no different. Its well made and the lid has nice weight to it.

I would like to share one experience I have had with Breville on a Toaster oven that was out of warranty.

The oven stopped working and I called Breville about it. Fortunately, I bought it on Amazon so I could find my receipt really quickly. They had me send in my broken oven and sent me a new one. Very impressed with this company.
on May 24, 2017
Just right. Not too big on the counter top. We use almost daily so we like to leave it out, but you can lock it closed and store it easily. Would prefer a power switch. With this you have to remember to unplug it. Have never burnt anything in it! Seems to take a long time to char something to a blackened crisp which is a plus.
on September 14, 2016
I bought one that was listed to have imperfections but didn't realize that it would be the non-stick plate that was scratched. I was pretty bummed about that and seriously considered returning if it hadn't been that I was having a Panini party for 6 kids that day. So I used it and I was very happy with how it performed. I will only buy Breville from now on, amazing product. I cook a lot and find the fact that even though the plates are not removable, this cleaned up so easy even with melted cheese. The kids loved them and I have been making different hot sandwiches for a week now.