Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 12, 2018
I'm giving this four stars because though I love it, the friend who received it as a gift and uses it most thinks the bottom plate does not get as hot as it should. (It gets hot enough for me and a hamburger does sizzle on it). The only way to turn it off and on is to plug it in and unplug it. Safety wise this might be better (or not) and the cord is made with a handy loop pull that is very sturdy so I don't think this will cause it to break due to all the action it gets going in and out of the wall. The lights on the top DO NOT tell you when it is off or on; they merely tell you when it is actively heating or not heating. I'd rather know when it is on or off as I don't care when the thermostat is presently active or not. There is no way to adjust the temperature other than to set the height of the lid lower or higher depending on how think your sandwich is and wether you want to grill or melt cheese etc. All that being said, I really like it. It's my new favorite kitchen appliance. Another friend who came over and used it is going to get one as well because he liked it to and decided his kitchen needed one.
on July 29, 2015
I'm addicted to panini now thanks to this amazing appliance. When first using, I plugged it in and follow the instruction as if making a panini but did not put any food in the machine to allow the initial factory smell to go away after about 10 min without closing it then turned it off, let it cooled off then wiped it clean with damp soapy cloth, dried it and it was ready to be used without any lingering initial odor. They provide also a booklet with lots of recipes. I have the Breville smart oven for a year and half and I know this will be durable also.
on December 11, 2014
I needed to replace my Cuisinart Griddler Panini Press which I had had for some years and totally loved so I decided to go for this brand. The Breville press is a little different as only the one top side has the grill ridges and the other bottom side is just plain. But the surface is larger than my old one and the non-stick surface is truly amazing. After finishing the stuff just rolls right off with a paper towel. It's great easy clean up which I was missing in my cuisinart! I think it's because the surface is treated with a special non-stick. You can also make open faced melt sandwiches in this one which you could not do in my Griddler Panini press. This one has a few settings for toast, open melt or panini style sandwiches and grilled cheese. I also use it to grill vegetables like yellow and green zucchini or eggplant. In the end, it's supposed to make your life a tad easier so you don't have to turn your stove on and just use a cutting board, a knife and your materials! It turns any sandwich into a hot meal. I watched the videos and read the descriptions before purchasing it. I have to say it is really high quality and also comes with a guide book for recipes and uses etc. I hope you find this helpful. The only reason I gave it four stars is because I felt that my Griddler Panini Press had deeper ridges on both sides and that gave a different feel to the look and bite of the sandwich. Still this was a good replacement for it.
on January 4, 2012
I typically don't write reviews, but since I read so many in my research, I wanted to provide feedback for others.

My wife wanted a panini maker for Christmas and I tend to research the heck of out things, so I read and read and read and read about all kids of panini makers and ended up with the Breville BSG520XL Panini Duo.

I wanted to get something high in quality that would last and not fall apart after a few months of use or end up in the back of the pantry like our bread machine. After narrowing down my short list the big dilemma was weighing the importance of removable plates. Based on the reviews and my research the removable plates seems 'cheaper' and I wondered how that popping them off and putting them back on would last over time. My wife's friend recommended the Cuisenart, but I opted for the Breville since people boasted about how easy it is to clean... which it is... just a damp cloth and it looks like new.

We are very happy with our choice and have used it a handful of times already and the kids keep asking for sandwiches from it every day. We haven't cooked chicken, steak or burgers on it and I'm not sure we will, but for making a great panini sandwich you cannot go wrong.

I'm sure there are better ones on the market, but at this price point, we have no complaints and are very happy with our purchase.

Good luck and you won't be sorry with the Breville... great quality!
on February 28, 2017
That is the best off all panini. It cooks even not burning your bread , but thanks to the flat bottom make the perfect omelet. I'm very happy with the purchase. I used to have Hamilton Beach before but this is 10 times better or maybe more , it definitely worth every penny.
on September 29, 2016
This was a wedding present for my brother and sister in law's wedding. They were very excited to get this item. I so much appreciate that this was delivered on time and was a quality product. I look forward to having paninis with them!
on March 19, 2014
Have been using it 2 or 3 times/week since purchase & love it. It heats things up perfectly, nice & crisp outside & hot inside. Takes 4 to 8 minutes, depending on bread. We've used different kinds of bread - all good. No oil needed. I have a teenage son who likes to use it after school. Heats up within 4 or 5 minutes, while I get the sandwiches ready. Has been a nice thing to have for quick dinners -using whatever bread, deli meat, cheese we have, I put leftover cooked or microwaved veggies or jarred red peppers in sandwiches to make them a little healthier. To clean, I run a wet cloth or paper towel over the hot surfaces, top to bottom (I do immediately) - quick and effective. Easy to store. Surface does get very hot - haven't burned myself yet, but I warn everyone who uses it to be very careful. I don't have any problem with the lack of on & off switch. Plug has loop to make it easy to plug & unplug. Cord long enough for me. I usually rotate the sandwich after first "press" because it makes it more even- I don't know if this is necessary or not, just something I did the first time & have continued to do.
on April 29, 2010
This press is wonderful - it heats up quickly and allows me to create delicious sandwiches. I have probably used it 10 times in the last week since I got it, and it hasn't disappointed once. I have tried every type of meat and cheese and they are all winners. The flat bottom grill plate is perfect so the sandwiches stay together and the floating top plate allows me to put as much stuffing as I want. I have tried Italian bread, just plain old white bread, wheat and artisan berads and they all worked great. I don't know what I did without this appliance! I try to put everything away for more counter space, but I am leaving this out because I use it so much! It's next to the coffee maker! I have a George Forman grill too, but this is far far superior. MUCH easier to clean and the metal parts seem sturdier. We'll see how it does over the long haul.
on August 5, 2012
My biggest concern with this (or any other panini press) was the ability to clean it without a hassle. The press cleans up easily, even with melted or scorched cheese. After each sandwich pressing, I wipe the grill plates with a paper towel before pressing the next sandwich pair. When the panini press is still hot, I use a paper towel that has a very small amount of vegetable oil on it and wipe down the plates before cooling the appliance and storing it. I can't believe the clean up was that simple. I would recommend this product to friends and family without reservation.

Update: After two months of use, I still love this product and use it weekly. Very pleased with this purchase and would give it as a gift.
on October 12, 2015
Bought 2 of these for our small café. We sell a lot of Panini's during the day 6 days a week and these Breville makers are still going strong. It heats the Panini all the way through and the clean up is easy. Really good investment if you are a Panini connoisseur.