Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 346 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 400 reviews
on May 24, 2017
Just right. Not too big on the counter top. We use almost daily so we like to leave it out, but you can lock it closed and store it easily. Would prefer a power switch. With this you have to remember to unplug it. Have never burnt anything in it! Seems to take a long time to char something to a blackened crisp which is a plus.
on September 14, 2016
I bought one that was listed to have imperfections but didn't realize that it would be the non-stick plate that was scratched. I was pretty bummed about that and seriously considered returning if it hadn't been that I was having a Panini party for 6 kids that day. So I used it and I was very happy with how it performed. I will only buy Breville from now on, amazing product. I cook a lot and find the fact that even though the plates are not removable, this cleaned up so easy even with melted cheese. The kids loved them and I have been making different hot sandwiches for a week now.
on December 16, 2014
Toasted unevenly. Sent it back
on July 29, 2015
I'm addicted to panini now thanks to this amazing appliance. When first using, I plugged it in and follow the instruction as if making a panini but did not put any food in the machine to allow the initial factory smell to go away after about 10 min without closing it then turned it off, let it cooled off then wiped it clean with damp soapy cloth, dried it and it was ready to be used without any lingering initial odor. They provide also a booklet with lots of recipes. I have the Breville smart oven for a year and half and I know this will be durable also.
on March 4, 2017
Not sure how we made it this long without one of these. I don't think we can ever go forward in life without one. The quality is outstanding! We have many Breville appliances, because we trust the quality. This heats up quickly, toasts and cooks perfectly, and cleans up so easily.
on May 19, 2017
Had it for 9 months and still use it a lot. Non-stick and easy to clean. Nice to have the different settings depending on panini size and how exactly you want it cooked
on August 5, 2012
My biggest concern with this (or any other panini press) was the ability to clean it without a hassle. The press cleans up easily, even with melted or scorched cheese. After each sandwich pressing, I wipe the grill plates with a paper towel before pressing the next sandwich pair. When the panini press is still hot, I use a paper towel that has a very small amount of vegetable oil on it and wipe down the plates before cooling the appliance and storing it. I can't believe the clean up was that simple. I would recommend this product to friends and family without reservation.

Update: After two months of use, I still love this product and use it weekly. Very pleased with this purchase and would give it as a gift.
on April 29, 2010
This press is wonderful - it heats up quickly and allows me to create delicious sandwiches. I have probably used it 10 times in the last week since I got it, and it hasn't disappointed once. I have tried every type of meat and cheese and they are all winners. The flat bottom grill plate is perfect so the sandwiches stay together and the floating top plate allows me to put as much stuffing as I want. I have tried Italian bread, just plain old white bread, wheat and artisan berads and they all worked great. I don't know what I did without this appliance! I try to put everything away for more counter space, but I am leaving this out because I use it so much! It's next to the coffee maker! I have a George Forman grill too, but this is far far superior. MUCH easier to clean and the metal parts seem sturdier. We'll see how it does over the long haul.
on July 25, 2015
I researched all the panini grills available. Thought I wanted the culinart 3-in-1 griddler. Boiled it down to that one vs the Breville 520XL. The Breville won out. Decided that removable plates weren't as important as getting even browning. We've had panini or grilled sandwiches 3 days in a row. So easy to use, clean, heats quickly and the most gorgeous and yummy grilled sandwiches ever. I made the right decision! Stores easily as well with a locking mechanism to keep the Iid from opening as you shift it about.
on January 13, 2015
I love this panini maker and I especially like the ability to both make grilled toast/paninis AND also make melts. We used this to heat up leftover homemade pizza and it was amazing. The quality seems quite good and the nonstick surface is really great. The one thing that I don't like is the lack of the on-off button. Seems strange to design such a good product and leave this essential bit out.