Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice..." and save 20% off the $149.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds; Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than other juicers
- 850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results. Overload Protection LED : To prevent against unsafe operation
- Safety locking arm; overload protection LED; large-capacity pulp collector. Pulp Container Capacity - 2.6 Pulp Container. Voltage - 110-120 Volts. Power - 800 Watts
- Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- Measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
- Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds
- 850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Juice large fruits and vegetables with little to no preparation.
Breville's patented unique direct central feed system allows for maximum juice extraction.
Dual Speed Control
High and Low speeds to accommodate both hard and soft vegetables.
1L juice jug with froth separator.
Plus, a large capacity pulp container.
Compare with similar items
Hamilton Beach (67601A) Juicer, Electric, 800 Watt, Easy To Clean, BPA Free
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
Breville RM-800JEXL Die-Cast Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor (Certified Refurbished)
Hamilton Beach (67608A) Juicer, Electric, 800 Watt, Easy To Clean, BPA Free
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Gray||Black||Silver||Brushed Stainless||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||13.2 x 16.5 x 18.2 in||9.25 x 13 x 16.25 in||9.5 x 8.75 x 16 in||17 x 11 x 20 in||12.5 x 8.5 x 16.5 in||11.5 x 7.8 x 14.4 in|
|Material Type||plastic||Plastic||Plastic, Metal||Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic|
|Wattage||—||—||85 watts||1,000 watts||—||—|
Get into the world of juicing with this no-nonsense dual-speed juice fountain. Ideal for first-time juicers, this juicer runs on 850 watts and has two speeds, 12,000RPM or 6,500RPM, for hard and soft ingredients.
High quality juicing, entry-level price
Fruit is largely composed of water, but its selling point is its nutritional value. How do you extract the juice from fruit, without leaving the nutrients behind? Breville’s Nutri Disc and patented juicing system extract more nutrients than other juicers and transfers less than 1.8F of heat to protect enzymes and maximize nutrient absorption of select nutrients.
The dual speed, 850 watt motor allows you to juice hard fruits and vegetables like apples and beets on high speed at 12,000 RPM, while the low speed (6,500rpm) is optimal for softer fruits and leafy green vegetables like cantaloupe and spinach. The Juice Fountain Plus cutting disc is so powerful that pineapple can be juiced in large chunks with the rind on. In addition, this juicer features an extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute that accommodates large chunks or entire pieces of fruit or vegetables, eliminating the need for chopping vegetables.
The JE98XL is not only easy to use, but also easy to clean. It is pulp-ejecting and comes with a large-capacity pulp collector and most parts can be cleaned on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
- Heavy-duty 850 watt motor with dual speed control: a low speed (6,500rpm) for softer fruits and vegetables and a high speed (12,000rpm) for harder fruits and vegetables
- Patented extra-wide feed chute (3” wide): juice large fruits and vegetables with little to no cutting or preparation
- Patented direct central feed system for maximum juice extraction
- Nutri Disc with stainless steel blades and stainless steel mesh filter basket for spinning out the pulp
- Heavy grade polymer body for durability
- 1 liter juice jug (34 fl. oz.) with froth separator
- Large capacity pulp container with integrated handle
- Cord storage: the power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base for a reduced counter-top footprint
- Safety Locking Arm prevents the juicer from operating without the cover locked into place
- Overload protection prevents over-heating, automatically shutting the machine down when it senses that the machine is overloaded
- All materials that come in contact with food are BPA-free, ensuring safe use
- Easy clean-up with the included cleaning brush. All parts except for the mesh filter basket/Nutri Disc and food pusher can be washed on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
BJE820XL: Juice Fountain Duo
800JEXL: Juice Fountain Elite
BJE510XL: Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
BJS600XL: Juice Fountain Crush
JE98XL: Juice Fountain Plus
BJE200XL: Juice Fountain Compact
|Key Feature||Die-cast juicer with soft fruit attachment and variable speed capability||'Rolls Royce' of Juicers: die-cast metal matched wtih power||Variable speeds maximize yield across variety of fruits||Makes thicker juices and yields more juice for leafy greens and wheatgrass than non-masticating juicers||Great entry price point for Breville juicers||Compact design takes up less space, with all of the juicing capabilities of the other juicers|
|Type of Juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Masticating/slow juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal|
|Motor||1200 watt||1000 watt||900 watt||240 watt||850 watt||700 watt|
|Speed||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 13,000rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 13,000rpm||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 12,500rpm||80rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm||14,000rpm|
|Materials|| || || || || || |
|Innovations|| || || || || || |
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am currently into a 'really into juicing' phase, so much so that I overworked the poor Juiceman juicer a while ago.
Since I had no other point of reference at the time, my only issue with the Juiceman Pro 210 was that the feeder was small. I did wonder what it would be like to have a juicer accept an apple or orange without having to quarter it. But that really was the only issue. No complaints with plastic or motor or quantity of juice.
This Breville juicer beats the Juiceman hands down in EVERY category that I can think of. It has the power, it's compact enough to fit where I need it to on my kitchen counter and more:
1. Speed Counts - I'm a busy mom. I work, I cook, I chauffeur and somewhere in there I need to find the time to juice. I can't wait 30 minutes for a machine to work through veggies and fruit *at low temperature* and 100% dry pulp to get my juice. I can take out 10mins. 5 mins to prep the veggies and fruits (I peel my organic carrots before I juice them as an example, or to peel oranges, or wash the spinach). 1 min to juice it all. Literally. 1 min. Regardless of what you throw at it. And I juice for four glasses at a time. And then 2-3 mins for cleanup. So the long pole in the tent is the prep - not dealing with the juicer - which is great.
2. Juice Quantity Counts - Could the juice output be higher with some of the higher end products? Likely. But the cost of the higher end items plus the extra time to wait for the juice is not worth it to me. The pulp for 'hard' produce like carrots and beets feels very dry to me with this juicer. The difference between the Juiceman and the Breville is really in how it deals with the soft produce. I had to run the soft produce pulp through the Juiceman twice and I got equal quantities of juice. With the Breville 98XL, it is so dry the first go around that it absolutely is not worth my time to deal with the pulp a second time. I figure I get about 5% more juice by running the pulp through again. If that's not a big deal to you, then don't worry about it. What is 5% of 4 oranges worth to you is the question.
3. Ease of Use Counts - The machine is simple to put together and take apart. You will have to work on cleaning any juicer. No getting around that, no matter which one you use. Cleaning this juicer is not complicated and easily done. I clean mine right after I juice and drink. Another trick to ease cleanup is to put a plastic grocery bag in your refuse container. It's one less thing to wash. Pick up and drop into trash or empty into compost bin.
4. Stability Counts - You don't want a juicer running around on your counter. The last thing you want is to juice two carrots or beets and have that end up on the counter and stain instead of in your juice container because the juicer isn't sturdy. This juicer held it's own against tough produce and I have never had issues.
5. Can it Juice Green? - By green, I mean can it handle leafy greens, which are a problem for most low-end juicers. Not this one. I juice spinach, red swiss chard and kale regularly. And stringy greens like celery as well. And it handles it all well.
6. Do I need to be a stud to handle this? - I've dealt with juicer scenarios where I had to use both arms and my body weight to push push push the produce through. Not this juicer. It gobbles up produce as I feed it in. Love that it's speedy and powerful.
So, don't think about it. Whether you're an all time juicer or a sometimes juicer, this is a great product for a good price.
PS: Centrifugal juicers do not heat up your produce any more than masticating juicers. There have been studies done on this. Look them up. Plus - a masticating juicer takes 20-30 mins to 'chew' through the fruit and veggies to make juice. That means the first piece of juice would have been oxidizing for 20-30 mins before I could drink it. So really - the centrifugal juicer is quick, saves you money, saves you time and is easy to clean.
Update: Dec 31st
I still love this juicer. I usually juice twice a day. It handles all produce well. The ONLY issue I have had is with juicing pineapples. It seems to leak a little underneath the plastic, probably because I am putting in a lot of the pineapple in at the same time. The overflow of juice inside the juicer as it is being poured out into the container probably accounts for the minor leakage. In other words, slow down when juicing a large quantity of a super juicy fruit or veggie(I juice an entire pineapple sometimes) by alternating with less juicy produce, or give the juicer an extra 5-10 seconds to empty itself into the container.
Update March 1st
Still loving it! :)
Update Nov 2nd
I've had several people ask so reporting that yes, I am still loving this juicer. :)
1. Easy to Clean - had an older Cuisinart model that was difficult to disassemble and clean. Because of this, we didn't feel like going through the effort to juice anything after the novelty wore off. This Breville model comes apart easily in 5 components making it super easy to clean with nothing more than warm soapy water. We lay out a drying mat on the counter and let them air dry for the next juicing session, too easy. Of note, it comes with a special brush to clean the wire mesh screen, but I have found that you can also use your sink's sprayer, if you have one, to clean the screen by pushing water back through the screen.
2. Extracts 90% of the fruit/vegetable. Because one of the benefits of juicing is getting nutrients (not just having great tasting thirst quenching juices), you want a juicer that extracts as much of them as possible. The pulp that is left over is very dry, indicating that this model extracts most of the liquid, so it does what it claims. We often use the left over pulp in some of our soup recipes and this adds volume and great taste. We often also use the pulp in a blender with the extracted juice with ice to get 100% of the nutrients, but in a "smoothie" type consistency.
3. High and Low speed functions. By having two speeds available, you can extract the most juice from an assortment/variety of fruits and vegetables. Low setting for softer fruits and vegetables, higher setting for apples, pears, carrots, etc.
Now the best part; since juicing just over 30 days ago, I have lost 10.8 pounds and I have not been hungry, cranky, or having cravings of any type; this machine is a great addition to anyone that wants to start introducing more fresh fruits and vegetables into their diet. I hated vegetables and now I have come to love them. My sense of taste, smell, and energy levels have increased beyond measure. Get this machine and you won't be disappointed, it has changed my life and I know it can change yours.
I have been using it for almost a month and it works just as good as the first time I took it out of the box. I have read reviews about the greens staining the mesh around the blade and I have not found that to be true. As long as you are cleaning your machine after each use and using the brush included with your machine, it comes clean and I've used this pretty much daily since I've received it and of course I'm doing the green juice.
I noticed that if you do not put it together properly it can spirt and leak on the side but a simple adjustment resolved this issue and therefore not an issue with the machine but the user.
I will also often run my pulp through a time or two more to try and extract ever last bit of juice I can. Save your produce bags and use them as a liner in the pulp collector to make for quick clean up. This machine really isn't difficult to clean. It will mostly rinse clean and then a touch up with a soapy sponge is really all you need other than the mesh part but again, still cleans well.
My goal with this juicer is to lose weight and to ditch diabetes. So far I have lost 19 lbs., no longer have a need for caffeine as I feel amazing, and my resting heart rate has dropped from 84 to 69. Mind you for the first three weeks I was just adding a juice to my diet and not fasting. I have been on the juice fast for 7 days today and I have more energy than I have had in years. It is seriously worth the first few days of feeling blah until your body adjusts.
Definelty worth it!! don't hesitate.