Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice..." and save 13% off the $149.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
|Price:||$143.47 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds. Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than other juicers.
- 850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
- Safety locking arm; overload protection LED; large-capacity pulp collector
- Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- Measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold
Aicok Juicer Wide Mouth Juice Extractor 800 Watt Centrifugal Juicer Powerful Fruit Machine with Juice Jug and Cleaning Brush,2 Speed Setting Stainless Steel Premium Food Grade
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||16.5 x 13.2 x 18.2 in||7 x 15.7 x 16.3 in||9.25 x 13 x 16.54 in||8.75 x 9.5 x 16 in||11.8 x 15.35 x 19.01 in||11 x 17 x 20 in|
|Material Type||plastic||Plastic||Plastic/Stainless Steel||Plastic, Metal||man-made-material||Steel|
|Wattage||—||—||800 watts||85 watts||1,000 watts||1,000 watts|
Get into the world of juicing with this no-nonsense dual-speed juice fountain. Ideal for first-time juicers, this juicer runs on 850 watts and has two speeds, 12,000RPM or 6,500RPM, for hard and soft ingredients.
High quality juicing, entry-level price
Fruit is largely composed of water, but its selling point is its nutritional value. How do you extract the juice from fruit, without leaving the nutrients behind? Breville’s Nutri Disc and patented juicing system extract more nutrients than other juicers and transfers less than 1.8F of heat to protect enzymes and maximize nutrient absorption of select nutrients.
The dual speed, 850 watt motor allows you to juice hard fruits and vegetables like apples and beets on high speed at 12,000 RPM, while the low speed (6,500rpm) is optimal for softer fruits and leafy green vegetables like cantaloupe and spinach. The Juice Fountain Plus cutting disc is so powerful that pineapple can be juiced in large chunks with the rind on. In addition, this juicer features an extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute that accommodates large chunks or entire pieces of fruit or vegetables, eliminating the need for chopping vegetables.
The JE98XL is not only easy to use, but also easy to clean. It is pulp-ejecting and comes with a large-capacity pulp collector and most parts can be cleaned on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
- Heavy-duty 850 watt motor with dual speed control: a low speed (6,500rpm) for softer fruits and vegetables and a high speed (12,000rpm) for harder fruits and vegetables
- Patented extra-wide feed chute (3” wide): juice large fruits and vegetables with little to no cutting or preparation
- Patented direct central feed system for maximum juice extraction
- Nutri Disc with stainless steel blades and stainless steel mesh filter basket for spinning out the pulp
- Heavy grade polymer body for durability
- 1 liter juice jug (34 fl. oz.) with froth separator
- Large capacity pulp container with integrated handle
- Cord storage: the power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base for a reduced counter-top footprint
- Safety Locking Arm prevents the juicer from operating without the cover locked into place
- Overload protection prevents over-heating, automatically shutting the machine down when it senses that the machine is overloaded
- All materials that come in contact with food are BPA-free, ensuring safe use
- Easy clean-up with the included cleaning brush. All parts except for the mesh filter basket/Nutri Disc and food pusher can be washed on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
BJE820XL: Juice Fountain Duo
800JEXL: Juice Fountain Elite
BJE510XL: Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
BJS600XL: Juice Fountain Crush
JE98XL: Juice Fountain Plus
BJE200XL: Juice Fountain Compact
|Key Feature||Die-cast juicer with soft fruit attachment and variable speed capability||'Rolls Royce' of Juicers: die-cast metal matched wtih power||Variable speeds maximize yield across variety of fruits||Makes thicker juices and yields more juice for leafy greens and wheatgrass than non-masticating juicers||Great entry price point for Breville juicers||Compact design takes up less space, with all of the juicing capabilities of the other juicers|
|Type of Juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Masticating/slow juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal|
|Motor||1200 watt||1000 watt||900 watt||240 watt||850 watt||700 watt|
|Speed||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 13,000rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 13,000rpm||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 12,500rpm||80rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm||14,000rpm|
|Materials|| || || || || || |
|Innovations|| || || || || || |
Top customer reviews
I am currently into a 'really into juicing' phase, so much so that I overworked the poor Juiceman juicer a while ago.
Since I had no other point of reference at the time, my only issue with the Juiceman Pro 210 was that the feeder was small. I did wonder what it would be like to have a juicer accept an apple or orange without having to quarter it. But that really was the only issue. No complaints with plastic or motor or quantity of juice.
This Breville juicer beats the Juiceman hands down in EVERY category that I can think of. It has the power, it's compact enough to fit where I need it to on my kitchen counter and more:
1. Speed Counts - I'm a busy mom. I work, I cook, I chauffeur and somewhere in there I need to find the time to juice. I can't wait 30 minutes for a machine to work through veggies and fruit *at low temperature* and 100% dry pulp to get my juice. I can take out 10mins. 5 mins to prep the veggies and fruits (I peel my organic carrots before I juice them as an example, or to peel oranges, or wash the spinach). 1 min to juice it all. Literally. 1 min. Regardless of what you throw at it. And I juice for four glasses at a time. And then 2-3 mins for cleanup. So the long pole in the tent is the prep - not dealing with the juicer - which is great.
2. Juice Quantity Counts - Could the juice output be higher with some of the higher end products? Likely. But the cost of the higher end items plus the extra time to wait for the juice is not worth it to me. The pulp for 'hard' produce like carrots and beets feels very dry to me with this juicer. The difference between the Juiceman and the Breville is really in how it deals with the soft produce. I had to run the soft produce pulp through the Juiceman twice and I got equal quantities of juice. With the Breville 98XL, it is so dry the first go around that it absolutely is not worth my time to deal with the pulp a second time. I figure I get about 5% more juice by running the pulp through again. If that's not a big deal to you, then don't worry about it. What is 5% of 4 oranges worth to you is the question.
3. Ease of Use Counts - The machine is simple to put together and take apart. You will have to work on cleaning any juicer. No getting around that, no matter which one you use. Cleaning this juicer is not complicated and easily done. I clean mine right after I juice and drink. Another trick to ease cleanup is to put a plastic grocery bag in your refuse container. It's one less thing to wash. Pick up and drop into trash or empty into compost bin.
4. Stability Counts - You don't want a juicer running around on your counter. The last thing you want is to juice two carrots or beets and have that end up on the counter and stain instead of in your juice container because the juicer isn't sturdy. This juicer held it's own against tough produce and I have never had issues.
5. Can it Juice Green? - By green, I mean can it handle leafy greens, which are a problem for most low-end juicers. Not this one. I juice spinach, red swiss chard and kale regularly. And stringy greens like celery as well. And it handles it all well.
6. Do I need to be a stud to handle this? - I've dealt with juicer scenarios where I had to use both arms and my body weight to push push push the produce through. Not this juicer. It gobbles up produce as I feed it in. Love that it's speedy and powerful.
So, don't think about it. Whether you're an all time juicer or a sometimes juicer, this is a great product for a good price.
PS: Centrifugal juicers do not heat up your produce any more than masticating juicers. There have been studies done on this. Look them up. Plus - a masticating juicer takes 20-30 mins to 'chew' through the fruit and veggies to make juice. That means the first piece of juice would have been oxidizing for 20-30 mins before I could drink it. So really - the centrifugal juicer is quick, saves you money, saves you time and is easy to clean.
Update: Dec 31st
I still love this juicer. I usually juice twice a day. It handles all produce well. The ONLY issue I have had is with juicing pineapples. It seems to leak a little underneath the plastic, probably because I am putting in a lot of the pineapple in at the same time. The overflow of juice inside the juicer as it is being poured out into the container probably accounts for the minor leakage. In other words, slow down when juicing a large quantity of a super juicy fruit or veggie(I juice an entire pineapple sometimes) by alternating with less juicy produce, or give the juicer an extra 5-10 seconds to empty itself into the container.
Update March 1st
Still loving it! :)
Update Nov 2nd
I've had several people ask so reporting that yes, I am still loving this juicer. :)
After extensive research, I concluded that whatever model of juicer I purchased should be a Breville because of their designs, quality and reputation. I then based my decision on each of these factors: Centrifugal, Efficiency (extraction & pulp collection), Power, Multi-Speed, Ease of Use (use, cleaning, reassembly), and Price (under $250). This narrowed it down for me to a JE98XL sold by Amazon for $159.00. As a bonus, I then bought one that was factory-reconditioned (like new) for just $79.00 with 2 day free shipping via Amazon Prime!
My xxJE98XL is a relatively quiet powerhouse! On low speed it is about the same db as a high quality, double insulated, 1.25 hp Sink Disposer in use. Rarely have I chosen to use the higher-speed except for beets and sometimes carrots when I feed a handful of whole carrots in the feed-chute. Apples (cored) or 2 or 3 smaller whole (topped) carrots have been fine on the lower speed with no noticeable stress on the machine and great extraction.
It's still kind of amazing to me to see the amount of juice it extracts from veggies like brussels sprouts, asparagus & even parsley! When I was researching centrifugal-juicers, I was concerned about how well they would do with (soft) oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, tomato's, etc. and my Breville does... Great!
I've learned to let the machine do the work by gently and slowly pushing the produce down the chute and with produce like spinach, radishes or grapes, I try to get a handful in at once.
For the majority of all the 28 different veggies and fruit that I juiced with it so far, the pulp is, and has remained, a `spongy-dry' consistency. For tomatoes, oranges, grapefruit, etc., the pulp is a `spongy-semi dry' consistency. Virtually all of the pulp is juiced and practically tasteless to me, but I sometimes add some back into my juice or raw soups as a fiber filler.
I wrote above "simply a Magnificent Transformer!" because it simply Is. My Breville Juice Fountain Plus is all of these qualities. But I am also referring to what it has been like incorporating the xxJE98XL and juicing into my daily life & routine.
For, 17 days now, it continues to be: Efficient. Easy to use. Quick clean-up. And also: No hassle. Massive nutrition/low calorie diet. Great tasting. Increased energy and stamina. Better sleep and concentration and with the added (or subtracted)bonus of my dropping 15 lbs and 4" off my (beer) gut while honestly having never once been hungry after a meal or desire for any snacks in-between... It's simply been a magnificent (Life) transformer for me. Best wishes!
~~UPDATE~~ (April 2, 2012)
This past Saturday (March 31) was the final day of my first diet ever; the 60 day Juice-Detox (Vegan) Diet that I started on February 1st. and my Breville xxJE98XL performed flawlessly & fabulous! I used and cleaned it on average two-times a day, for sixty days straight and it's still going strong. In addition I used a blender and a basic Cusinart food processor, but the everyday work-horse was my Breville Juice Fountain Plus. After two months, it remains: Efficient. Easy to use. Quick clean-up and simply Awesome!
And my bonus...
Lowered my BP & cholesterol levels significantly to "very healthy" levels. Energy increase. Usual construction/business/tech work but no added exercise. And 'no-brainer' journey from 6'1"/225 lbs. to 6'1"/184 lbs, dropping a total of 41 lbs, and 11.75".... gutterlostly :)
~~Update #2 (November 14th, 2013)~~
Quote: "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." ~Mark Twain
My Breville is still going strong every single week hence my 'veganly going jiggle~less' last year... ergo.. so am Moi!
Post my 60 day vegan detox last year: I am now practicing what I call a "modified Vegetarian diet that includes meat, fish, eggs (rare dairy. Moderate grains. Beer, vodka and No Styrofoam~Peanuts.
Plus, my Mom died unexpectedly in August and since then I have also been practicing a regular cardio, dumbells (no fancy equipment) at home exercise routine. 5 to 6 days for around a total of 5 hours of feeling less Grief and more Giidy'great a week.
Best wishes everyone. Bottom line: My Breville's been nutritionally an outstanding 'Counter-Balance' option in my Life! :)
One more comment on all those downers who gripe about high revolutions killing the enzymes. Yes it is true, but to a very small degree. And the time I save with the Breville is well worth the small faction of enzymes I may lose.
I have been juicing for over a decade and this is the best machine I have used. I am once again excited about juicing, thank you Breville!
Most recent customer reviews
Even after using it only once
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
See the Top Rated juicers in our Juicer Reviews.