Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Breville SK500XL Ikon Cordless 1.7-Liter Stainless...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 36% off the $79.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.50 shipping
Breville SK500XL Ikon Cordless 1.7-Liter Stainless-Steel Electric Kettle
|Price:||$79.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1500-watt cordless kettle rapidly boils up to 1-2/3 liters of water
- Cushion-controlled lid; water-level indicator; removable scale filter
- Easy "on/off" switch; "ready" bell; auto shut-off; boil-dry protection
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; soft-grip handle; cord storage
- Measures 8-3/4 by 6 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item Breville SK500XL Ikon Cordless 1.7-Liter Stainless-Steel Electric Kettle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||11 x 8 x 10 in||9.75 x 8.25 x 12 in||5.51 x 9.06 x 9.06 in||9.63 x 8 x 13 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Glass|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
- clean, beautiful design which is also easier to clean.
- hefty, substantial base unit with place to wrap around the cord
- boils quickly in 4 min. for full 1.5 L
- more substantial kettle than more expensive models by Chef's Choice or Cuisinart. The Chef's Tools electric kettle @ the same price point looked flimsier. In fact, the floor model Chef's Choice kettle was no longer closing or opening its lid properly-- always a bad sign when a floor model falls apart.
- modest yet easily audible "ping" sound when the water has come to a boil, and the kettle shuts off automatically.
- the outlet is easy to pull due to the hollow center design
- heavy kettle.
- occasionally, there's a metallic taste in reboiled water if the water was left inside the kettle for several hours. However, the water tastes fine if you boil a pot from freshly filled water.
Overall, clearly the pros outweigh the cons. We're heavy users of the electric kettle, especially in the winter, boiling water for teas, soups at least 4-5x per day. We'll report back again in a yr after the warranty expires.
UPDATE > 1 yr after post (4/6/08): The Breville Ikon is still going strong. The water seems to be taking a slightly longer time to boil. We still use it 3-4 times per day, and it works well.
UPDATE 12/19/11: Kettle still going strong. We still use it 2-3x/day, and it still works great. Wow. Worth every cent.Read more ›
1. Being an extremely convenient home appliance "discovered" by the Europeans decades ago, and later in the USA, the electric kettle always left one concern: compared to its mundane predecessor it was typically made of plastic inside and out. Which could potentially mean various unhealthy substances emanating into the water from the plastic sides, especially at high boiling temperatures. This one is made of stainless steel and doesn't cause any such concerns.
2. The kettle can be rotated on its cordless base, which makes it easier to put it back on the base than some other models.
3. It has a transparent wall segment to measure water level. While this "window" is not located optimally (somewhat shadowed by the handle) and hasn't got a bright floating level marker, this design is sturdier than some others, and is less prone to leaks.
4. Blue back-light that goes on and lights this "window" when the kettle is switched on, is a nice touch. It both attracts attention and simplifies reading the water level.
5. It's easy to open the lid, and the opening is wide to add water with no problems or dripping. (In some models the handle partly covers the lid, making it hard to open and/or add water.)
6. Like in most up-to-date models, the heating spiral is NOT located inside the boiling case, but rather underneath it, which makes the design more relaible, and it is also much easier to wash the kettle inside if need be.
7. Time to boil is reasonable and not worse than average.
1. Stainless inside and out. No plastic taste or chemical worries.
2. Very comfortable handle, nice curve to it, and totally insulated.
3. Cord minder on the base bottom; allows you to tailor the cord length to your needs. Cord very sturdy.
4. Separate base contains the cord. The kettle itself reminds me, from the standpoint of heft and size, of an "old fashioned" stove top percolator
5. The removable kettle itself; also, you can turn the kettle around to any point on the base; it doesn't have a notch or fixed position
6. Construction appears to be quite solid. Push a button and the top opens up automatically (not just a cheap spring, either). Glass center insert on top so you can see in; top is also domed to direct condensation back into the pot; haven't had any problem with water dripping onto the counter (or hand!) when opened.
7. Quick; heating just one mugful of water to boiling is easily faster than the microwave (same time in microwave will leave you with hot, but not boiling water).
8. Easy to clean; the opening is wide enough to get your hand in, and the top opens up to 90 degrees. There is a rod that runs up the inside, part of the temperature sensing system, but there's room enough to get a soft cloth behind it, you'd just need to avoid too much force. Cleaning, however, is not a big deal overall if you use it for its purpose - heating WATER only (don't heat your soup in this; it's not made for it).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Recap. I really like the Breville hot pot. Had the first one for a couple of years. Had to replace it as the plastic trim that surrounds the view-able water level feature cracked... Read morePublished 1 day ago by BarbaraJ358
Simple, elegant and built well for easy use. It has large opening where the lid opens all the way. The handle is balanced and easy to hold when filling up or pouring. Read morePublished 2 days ago by okon4t
This electric kettle boils water very quickly. It is very well made. I highly recommend this product.Published 2 days ago by JF15
The plastic is peeling off around the handle and the power button and we've only had this for 2 months now. The last one we bought lasted for 8 years.Published 6 days ago by A. Rose
This is a second one of these my wife and I have had. The first one worked perfectly, but constant use (for 8 years) it finally wore out. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Cmdinla
I really liked this kettle, however there are two small plastic pieces on the bottom which act as safety switches to tell if the kettle is on its stand. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Skydivemo
I moved into a house with electric burners, which are slower heat than gas burners, which I am used to. Read morePublished 15 days ago by J in Rockville
Great kettle that we received as a gift on our wedding registry about a year ago. The first kettle I purchased in the USA died after a few weeks, but we've had this for over a... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Michael
Great product. The only thing i would change is that it turns itself off once it reaches the boiling point.Published 18 days ago by Joseph Aldo