Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,723 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,796 reviews
We have tried several different refillable k-cups; the Ekobrew Cup, the Keurig My K-Cup and most recently the Brew and Save Refillable K Cup. All three perform well and make a good cup of coffee using your own grounds, but the difference is in the clean up, convenience and purchase price.

Ekobrew Cup
* $10 per refillable cup
* Cleans easily by rinsing under water
* Three step: Fill cup, snap closed and insert into machine
* One piece with no additional parts to misplace

Keurig My K-Cup
* $10 per refillable cup
* Three parts to clean, but can be done by rinsing under water
* Five step: Remove K-cup holder, fill basket, insert into holder, screw on top and insert into machine
* Three pieces with potential to misplace

Brew and Save Refillable K-Cup
* $6.50 per refillable cup
* Cleans easily by rinsing under water
* Three step: Fill cup, snap closed and insert into machine
* One piece with no additional parts to misplace

As you can see in my opinion the Brew and Save Refillable K-cup is the best choice. I have several and use them daily.
33 comments| 424 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2014
The grind matters. More of a coarse grind works spectacularly well in these cups. I don't claim to be an environmentalist, but a friend and I had a discussion about how much waste K-cups create. For me, that was a factor...but the best part is the SAVINGS these fantastic little cups make. I have had them now for about six months, and can readily say, they hold up to daily use. My family of four makes about eight cups of coffee each day, and I laugh every time I use them, thinking of how much money I'm saving vs. K-cups that are at best, 50 cents each...with these, I estimate that I'm paying closer to 10 cents a cup. I have found that if you are someone who has a grinder (we do - a 10 year old Braun that works flawlessly), and/or you like most of the major brands out there that have a more coarse grind, you'll love these.

Finer grinds WILL jam up the cups, and you'll end up (unfairly) bashing these Brew & Save cups...so stick by the rules, and I PROMISE you'll end up loving them.

Some of the brands that come already ground at your local supermarket that I have tried that work well are:
Dunkin Donuts - Regular, Decaf, French Vanilla
Wawa - Regular and Decaf (for those that are lucky to get this AMAZING, and inexpensive coffee...try it!!)
New England Coffee Company (regular, decaf)

A couple that I tried, that WILL NOT WORK in these cups (the grind is TOO FINE and will CLOG the cups):
Gevalia (shame, because I really like this brand)
illy (also a shame)

If you're careful, you can check most brands simply by rolling the bag around a bit in the stores and listening....if it sounds like a bag full of dust, then don't buy it. If it sounds like a bag of sand, then go for it and give it a try...or better yet, look for some brands that actually indicate whether it's a fine or coarse grind.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE YOUR K-CUP standard tray. You just open your Keurig (I use the Cuisinart, which I find to be the best I've ever owned, by a WIDE margin), and put the Brew & Save in just the way you would put a regular K-cup. How does this work without the pin punching a hole in the bottom!?", you ask....well, the cup has notches on the bottom that do not interfere with, or harm the Brew and Save, or the punch-pin in any way. If you look at the picture, there is a little "shoulder" that sticks out from the sides of the top of the Brew and save. Those curved bottom half circles "sit" in the notches of the K-cup holder perfectly every time, so you cannot mess it up. (See my attached photos of the open top, bottom, and the cup sitting in a Cuisinart K-cup brewer. The Keurig brewer has the same tray setup...I've owned both)

Cleanup is easy. I just turn the cup over, run warm water over the open cup, and the grinds fall down the drain. Anyone that knows kitchen tricks knows that coffee grinds are one of the BEST things for a drain. The grinds keep fats and oils from clogging the pipes by "scrubbing them" away, and coffee naturally absorbs odors and keeps the sink and drain smelling nice....so it's a win-win all the way around. The cups have been through my diswasher dozens of times with no signs of wearing, weakening or drying out.

So in summary - Easy to use, pays for itself, great for people that grind their own, or like a custom roast. Simply grind it more on the coarse side, and you'll be as delighted as I am with this simple, yet effective solution for expensive, wasteful k-cups. (Sorry, Keurig, but I still love ya anyway!)
review image review image review image
44 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 25, 2013
I've used both the Solofill and Ekobrew. Each of those had disadvantages, but this "Brew and Save" K-Cup seems to solve the problems and dislikes I had of the Solofill and Ekobrew.

The "Brew and Save" has a flat bottom, holds more coffee for a stronger cup, and doesn't leak/spew from the top like the Ekobrew did on me with certain types of coffee. And just like the Solofill and Ekobrew, you don't have to remove or change the K-Cup holder in the machine.

This is a good way to help the environment, save money (especially since k-cup prices have gone up), and use your own coffee (like buying it at Costco). It's certainly not as convenient as using actual k-cups, but it's not as much trouble and waste as brewing a regular cup of coffee the old fashioned way.

Tip #1: We weren't happy when we ground our own beans with a cheap blade grinder. We bought a Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black and it made a significant difference because you can control the grind well & it's consistent. You may have to "play" with the grind to get one that will work well, and it could vary depending on the coffee bean.
Tip #2: Make sure you do not overfill past the fill line... too much coffee in there will cause problems with proper brewing & water disbursement through all the coffee grinds.
Tip #3: Some pre-ground coffees will just not work as the water cannot flow through it properly.
Tip #4: To dump the coffee after use, keep it closed, turn it upside down, and tap it on the counter a few times, then open the lid over the trash and the coffee should fall out (might need some side taps)... then just rinse the K-Cup.

NOTE: You have to put this in the right way so that it falls properly into place or it won't close... and NEVER force the top of the machine to close.

5 stars for being the best I've used so far.
77 comments| 319 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2015
I bought this same refillable K-cup at walmart in October last year I use it every day in my K-10 brewer. It works very well and seems to hold up well also. I paid a little over 5 bucks for the one I bought so when I came accrosss this 5 Pack I decided to get some spares.....it's worth the money in my opinion. They're easy to take care of and I'm sure they'll last a long time. They seem sturdy enough.....besides, With the price per k-Cup coffee I'd rather use my own brew......save a lot of bucks. I recommend this brewing cup for those who want to brew there own brand. Pic attached....please note my brewer has the half round slots on both sides....make sure your brewer has those slots....I know that some don"t....Enjoy!
review image
on August 2, 2015
For the longest time I was using refillable cups that I purchased in a local store and they were great. They were also only $10.00 for 6. Unfortunately my elderly mother-in-law kept throwing them out, not knowing what they were, and the two I am down to are starting to fall apart. The local store that I purchased them at (Boscov) no longer carries them and I cannot find them anywhere else.
I purchased these in high hopes and I was thrilled that they are PBA free and even in my favorite color. They fit into my keurig and all was well. I was ready to give them a 5 start rating. Recently I have noticed coffee grinds in my cup. On further inspection I realized that the machine was punching holes in the bottom as it does in the K-cups that are pre filled. I am not sure if this is because these cups are not right for my model machine, but in comparing my old refillable and these I realized there is a high ledge on the bottom of the old ones so they cannot be punctured. I am so disappointed! I am still using them for now as I continue my search for the better choice for my machine.
I hope the photos help clarify the review .

August 31st - CORRECTING RATING TO A 5! Love these now that I realize the holes were my husbands fault since he was putting them into the machine wrong (I no longer allow him to use them..lol) When the seller contacted me with my error I requested 3 cups instead of purchasing an entire new set. They went ahead and sent me another set for no cost. Now that they are being inserted correctly there are no holes on the bottom and no grinds in my coffee. Thank you Ekobrands!!
review image review image review image
on May 1, 2013
Overall, it works and for the price I'm happy. Been using for 4 months with zero issues - only wear is because of use. It's cheaper than purchasing the Keurig, Solofill & Ekobrew style cups. The hinge is weak and a single piece so it will eventually wear out and crack, but should provide serviceable coffee making for quite some time. Bottom cage strength is a little weak when closing the lid snugly as it can bend the mesh. When cleaning out by turning over and tapping, a small amount of the wet grounds come out the top because the sieve holes are a little too large for most store bought coffee grounds. The handle on the edges are handy for removing the cup while it is hot (if brewing multiple cups in a row) and they are easier to clean with the water under the faucet after use than the more expensive models because there is mesh on the bottom, not just on the sides.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 10, 2014
Work great with my Keurig Platinum and allow me to use my own coffee. They are easy to wash as well, after coffee is done I tap them firmly on the back holding over trash can and the grounds fall out. Then I rinse and put upside down to dry next to the Keurig. I grind coffee and fill the previous night so I can have the K-Cup ready to go in the morning. If I grind the coffee fine I do notice some grounds in the bottom of my cup but that's ok by me. I like being able to use my own coffees and grind them fresh.

For best performance don't fill past the fill line and grind coffee in a burr grinder as that produces an even grind. They snap shut well and don't leak or clog. Based on other reviews I decided to go for retail packaging than generic to ensure I get the right product. Some vendors seem to be selling lower quality product under the same brand name.

I prefer these over Keurig's own design as I don't have to take out any attachments to use these DIY K-cups. Recommended!
on January 10, 2016
Works well. Make sure your grind isn't too fine otherwise the water doesn't run through very quickly. I bought it for work when we got a Keurig single cup coffee maker. I did not like the waste the k-cups generated as well as the cost. After a while my co-workers stopped buying the "fancy" cups and now they are all using the refillable cup. The only problem is that some people forget to empty it when they are done, but that is more of a "some people" issue than a product issue. :) I recommend tapping the grounds out and not just dumping them in the sink, but that is more of a future plumbing issue...

I gave the other to my sweetie and he is happy with his at work as well. Several of his co-workers have been using it as well.

I would recommend this to family and friends.
VINE VOICEon July 9, 2013
After about 9 months of constant k-cup ordering, little plastic cups filling the garbage can and dollars flying out of my bank at light speed... I decided to try a refillable. I still like my donut shop (favorite by coffee people) k-cup but it's nice to have something for backup and to save myself some money.

Aside from the convenience and consistency of the regular k-cup method, there was one more thing holding me back from trying a refillable cup. There are so many negative comments out there about grinds in the coffee, what grind of coffee you might need (not regular drip variety) and spillage issues. I was a little uncertain if it would be worth the trouble to have any or all of these things to worry about.

Well I decided to trust the majority of positive reviews for the Brew and Save and with my Mr. Coffee and a standard grind for auto drip coffee I have not had any of the problems that I was concerned I could be facing. There is no special cup holder adapter to change, filling and cleaning are both fool-proof tasks. There is a fill line marked inside the cup and I go just a little below it and it comes out perfect. Sure it's not the pop in and huck it method you may be used to with standard k-cups but if you want to try a the eco/cost improved method, this brand is a good bet.

The two pack is good for one person because you can have one drying while you use the second one. I like to let them air dry before I use again so if you are buying for more than one person you might as well go for the five pack, it will be more convenient.
on September 23, 2014
I bought these and then was given metal ones, so I have some comparison.
These do the job well of allowing a person to use loose coffee in a K-Cup machine. They aren't difficult to clean out - I just run hot water through them and the coffee runs right out.
One draw back is that the plastic hinge wants to keep the lid open if you put it on a dry rack with the lid open. I've gotten in the habit of snapping the lid close and sitting them on upside down for a day so the lid stops popping open. This is not an issue with metal reusable cups.
Bear in mind that if you buy these, there isn't anything on the box that really mentions overfilling. It says fill to the line (or I think it did - the box is long gone by now). There is a line inside these that looks simply like a mark from when these were molded - not a fill line. But, it is totally the fill line. If you overfill these, expect to either get grounds and coffee because the lid popped open, or no coffee and a clogged nozzle because the coffee grounds had nowhere to go but up. (This happens on the metal ones too, so it seems to be a limitation in K-Cup design versus a product flaw.)