Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

We have tried several different refillable k-cups; the Ekobrew Cup, the Keurig My K-Cup and most recently the Brew and Save Refillable K Cup. All three perform well and make a good cup of coffee using your own grounds, but the difference is in the clean up, convenience and purchase price.

Ekobrew Cup
* $10 per refillable cup
* Cleans easily by rinsing under water
* Three step: Fill cup, snap closed and insert into machine
* One piece with no additional parts to misplace

Keurig My K-Cup
* $10 per refillable cup
* Three parts to clean, but can be done by rinsing under water
* Five step: Remove K-cup holder, fill basket, insert into holder, screw on top and insert into machine
* Three pieces with potential to misplace

Brew and Save Refillable K-Cup
* $6.50 per refillable cup
* Cleans easily by rinsing under water
* Three step: Fill cup, snap closed and insert into machine
* One piece with no additional parts to misplace

As you can see in my opinion the Brew and Save Refillable K-cup is the best choice. I have several and use them daily.
33 comments| 424 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 25, 2013
I've used both the Solofill and Ekobrew. Each of those had disadvantages, but this "Brew and Save" K-Cup seems to solve the problems and dislikes I had of the Solofill and Ekobrew.

The "Brew and Save" has a flat bottom, holds more coffee for a stronger cup, and doesn't leak/spew from the top like the Ekobrew did on me with certain types of coffee. And just like the Solofill and Ekobrew, you don't have to remove or change the K-Cup holder in the machine.

This is a good way to help the environment, save money (especially since k-cup prices have gone up), and use your own coffee (like buying it at Costco). It's certainly not as convenient as using actual k-cups, but it's not as much trouble and waste as brewing a regular cup of coffee the old fashioned way.

Tip #1: We weren't happy when we ground our own beans with a cheap blade grinder. We bought a Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black and it made a significant difference because you can control the grind well & it's consistent. You may have to "play" with the grind to get one that will work well, and it could vary depending on the coffee bean.
Tip #2: Make sure you do not overfill past the fill line... too much coffee in there will cause problems with proper brewing & water disbursement through all the coffee grinds.
Tip #3: Some pre-ground coffees will just not work as the water cannot flow through it properly.
Tip #4: To dump the coffee after use, keep it closed, turn it upside down, and tap it on the counter a few times, then open the lid over the trash and the coffee should fall out (might need some side taps)... then just rinse the K-Cup.

NOTE: You have to put this in the right way so that it falls properly into place or it won't close... and NEVER force the top of the machine to close.

5 stars for being the best I've used so far.
77 comments| 319 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 10, 2014
Work great with my Keurig Platinum and allow me to use my own coffee. They are easy to wash as well, after coffee is done I tap them firmly on the back holding over trash can and the grounds fall out. Then I rinse and put upside down to dry next to the Keurig. I grind coffee and fill the previous night so I can have the K-Cup ready to go in the morning. If I grind the coffee fine I do notice some grounds in the bottom of my cup but that's ok by me. I like being able to use my own coffees and grind them fresh.

For best performance don't fill past the fill line and grind coffee in a burr grinder as that produces an even grind. They snap shut well and don't leak or clog. Based on other reviews I decided to go for retail packaging than generic to ensure I get the right product. Some vendors seem to be selling lower quality product under the same brand name.

I prefer these over Keurig's own design as I don't have to take out any attachments to use these DIY K-cups. Recommended!
on January 10, 2016
Works well. Make sure your grind isn't too fine otherwise the water doesn't run through very quickly. I bought it for work when we got a Keurig single cup coffee maker. I did not like the waste the k-cups generated as well as the cost. After a while my co-workers stopped buying the "fancy" cups and now they are all using the refillable cup. The only problem is that some people forget to empty it when they are done, but that is more of a "some people" issue than a product issue. :) I recommend tapping the grounds out and not just dumping them in the sink, but that is more of a future plumbing issue...

I gave the other to my sweetie and he is happy with his at work as well. Several of his co-workers have been using it as well.

I would recommend this to family and friends.
VINE VOICEon July 9, 2013
After about 9 months of constant k-cup ordering, little plastic cups filling the garbage can and dollars flying out of my bank at light speed... I decided to try a refillable. I still like my donut shop (favorite by coffee people) k-cup but it's nice to have something for backup and to save myself some money.

Aside from the convenience and consistency of the regular k-cup method, there was one more thing holding me back from trying a refillable cup. There are so many negative comments out there about grinds in the coffee, what grind of coffee you might need (not regular drip variety) and spillage issues. I was a little uncertain if it would be worth the trouble to have any or all of these things to worry about.

Well I decided to trust the majority of positive reviews for the Brew and Save and with my Mr. Coffee and a standard grind for auto drip coffee I have not had any of the problems that I was concerned I could be facing. There is no special cup holder adapter to change, filling and cleaning are both fool-proof tasks. There is a fill line marked inside the cup and I go just a little below it and it comes out perfect. Sure it's not the pop in and huck it method you may be used to with standard k-cups but if you want to try a the eco/cost improved method, this brand is a good bet.

The two pack is good for one person because you can have one drying while you use the second one. I like to let them air dry before I use again so if you are buying for more than one person you might as well go for the five pack, it will be more convenient.
on September 23, 2014
I bought these and then was given metal ones, so I have some comparison.
These do the job well of allowing a person to use loose coffee in a K-Cup machine. They aren't difficult to clean out - I just run hot water through them and the coffee runs right out.
One draw back is that the plastic hinge wants to keep the lid open if you put it on a dry rack with the lid open. I've gotten in the habit of snapping the lid close and sitting them on upside down for a day so the lid stops popping open. This is not an issue with metal reusable cups.
Bear in mind that if you buy these, there isn't anything on the box that really mentions overfilling. It says fill to the line (or I think it did - the box is long gone by now). There is a line inside these that looks simply like a mark from when these were molded - not a fill line. But, it is totally the fill line. If you overfill these, expect to either get grounds and coffee because the lid popped open, or no coffee and a clogged nozzle because the coffee grounds had nowhere to go but up. (This happens on the metal ones too, so it seems to be a limitation in K-Cup design versus a product flaw.)
on January 21, 2017
After about 3 1/2 years of daily use, one of these cups cracked. I'm actually impressed by that! They're much more durable than I imagined when we first bought them, and we use them more than we use our stainless Ekobrew cups. A little explanation about that:

We originally bought stainless Ekobrew cups intending them to be our daily use cups and then we bought these as "extra" when we have guests over. Over time, we wound up using all of them (2 stainless and 2 plastic) just about every day as we frequently have at least 2 cups of coffee each day. While both types of cups eventually clog with coffee resin, these generally lasted longer between "intensive" cleanings. And these also hold more coffee grounds than the stainless ones so we got a stronger cup of coffee with them.

So this morning I just noticed that one of these plastic ones started to crack around the rim. And I'm not disappointed a bit - in fact, I'm just going to buy another set as these more than paid for themselves several times over and they've definitely saved a lot of k-cups from going into a landfill :)
on April 17, 2013
We were quickly becoming concerned with how much we were spending on K-Cups for our new Keurig, so we decided to start looking for something refillable. We decided to try these out. And I must say, we are very pleased! The cups have worked great every time. We found that you have to fill the cup to the brim to get a nice, strong cup of coffee (using the 3rd setting on the Keurig). The cups are easy to close (snap shut) and easy to open (has a lip you can push up on). Fairly easy to clean. We normally just pound the cup against the side of the trash can to knock most the grounds lose, then wash the remaining grounds out in the sink. Not too complicated and not much hassle. After using them for a month or so, they've held up great, and there is no noticeable damage or wear.
I purchased this for my wife as she recently purchased the Mr. Coffee single cup brewer (Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG6-001). There are several versions of these load-it-yourself refillable cups on the market. The reviews on this one were the best on Amazon so that is why I purchased this one. I'm glad I did.

My wife tried both cups that came in the package and reported they worked fine. She had no trouble loading them. They worked well in the Mr Coffee with no leaking. She said the cleanup was easy.

Someone estimated the cost of the prepackaged single cups at over $100 per pound. While we are likely to buy a few of them my wife will likely load her own with her Starbucks coffee purchased from CostCo. It is her preferred coffee, and way cheaper than $100 per pound!
on February 25, 2014
Drink a lot of Kuerig coffee and wanted something that allowed me to use my own grounds, cheaper. Bought this based off of reviews and have been pleased with their performance. I have a small Kuerig at work and a larger one at home, so this dual set was perfect for the value.

Construction is a high grade rubber/plastic material with a mesh screen at the base of the cup. The flip top seems extremely well made and durable and snaps into place even after hundreds of uses. Using regular Folgers or Dunkin Donuts coffee grounds, this makes a consistent cup of coffee no different from pre made cups.

Great bargain if you are looking to save money and own a Kuerig.