Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Brewing Starter Kit
Price:$99.99+ Free shipping

on March 30, 2015
Great company, great product! The only thing negative was that the auto-siphon showed up with a crack, but that was due to shipping. Midwest is currently sending me a replacement. Regardless, I had purchased a few other products to accompany the kit including my first ingredient package.

My first brew (Red Ale) is currently in the secondary ferment in the glass carboy and I am ready to start my next boil! Looking forward to going full grain shortly!

Cheers!
on February 6, 2014
This is a really great starter. A lot of equipment for a decent price. I bought a carboy handle from another seller and it did not fit this carboy. I'm convinced that the handle was mislabeled though. This carboy is excellent. The beer turned out great. I got a lot of good feedback from friends on it. I would highly recommend this to a beginning home brewer.
2 people found this helpful
on March 21, 2014
I just received this kit, everything was in there except for one thing. When I purchased this I thought based off the picture that I would get two covers not one for the plastic buckets, this was very disappointing when I found out. However aside from that, all the items were in pretty good shape considering how badly packaged it was since it had no padding. I will update my review after I have brewed some beer with this stuff.
on November 5, 2014
Things arrived broken, auto syphon and the air-lock. Even though everything was checked. The box was in great condition when it arrived so I have a hard time believing it was during shipping. I had purchased better better replacements because of it but everything else was alright.
One person found this helpful
on February 2, 2016
Great starter kit... I've been home brewing for three years and can't recommend this kit enough. Some kits are missing crucial equipment, and this is not one of them. My hydrometer came broken, but Midwest replaced it quickly without and hassle!
on May 21, 2014
This was the best value around for getting started brewing. Bear in mind that you'll also want a brew kettle, and it's nice to have a wort chiller and a bottle tree. Get it all at the same time. Midwest does a great job, their beer kits are good too.
One person found this helpful
on September 28, 2013
This kit paired with any home brew 5 gallon kit works very well. Make sure to buy a big enough pot to boil your wort when you buy these as that is not in this kit. This kit has everything you need for primary/secondary fermentation and bottling except the bottles. The cleaner/sanitizer included in this kit is a small 4 ounce package which will only last for a couple of brews. 5 gallons brewed in this kit will get you between 46 and 52 12 ounce bottles which need to be purchased separately.
8 people found this helpful
on August 18, 2017
been using it for years now works great
on May 26, 2015
Great kit!!! This has everything and more that you need to get strarted brewing.
on June 15, 2015
Great starter kit! My husband is hooked. He is also very satisfied with Midwest Supplies customer service. Very helpful.