- File Size: 1432 KB
- Print Length: 76 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Mainsail Books (July 7, 2016)
- Publication Date: July 7, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01I5I867W
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#818,387 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1867 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- #1877 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Political
- #5231 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
Brexecution Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
As always, the reader is plunged directly into the action, and the world is turned upside down from the first page. Not coming from a banking or financial background, I thoroughly enjoy the foray into a world so foreign to me.
Brexecution provides a good dose of crime, political gain, and mystery. It has a steady pace and does not disappoint.
This was a jolly good few hours' read! Brexecution is a fast moving thriller set during the few days following the results of the EU referendum. At the heart of it are a corrupt banker or two, a high level politician, sadistic thug, a London cab driver and a girl in a Marilyn Monroe wig. It's amazingly well written considering how quickly it was (br)executed, but then Joel Hames has intelligent thriller-writing talent in spades, and not without a little humour.
Some of the events unfold a little over-smoothly, but that's what stories like these are made of, after all; some of the most outlandish secrets are frighteningly possible, even likely, suggesting that there is a lot more (and a lot darker) stuff involved in the governing of this country than is known to the common man. The plot fits perfectly into the novella format, which is an art in itself.
A few writers may leap on the referendum bandwagon to produce a highly topical novel, in weeks to come, but once you've read this you'll applaud Mr Hames for being in the driving seat. It's great. Buy it!
It’s important to note that the reader doesn’t need to know a lot about Brexit to enjoy this book. The British public had to vote whether to stay in the European Union or get out, and all the intricacies told here are fictional. With or without the backdrop of Brexit, this is a thriller, and no matter how you voted if you’re British, or didn’t vote if you’re not, you can’t help but enjoy the fast-paced plot and interesting characters, especially cab driver Dave Fenton.
Definitely worth reading.
This is a bit of fun (well, assuming you like murder and political intrigue). They say a week is a long time in politics, and life imitates art. Current events are catching up with, and even overtaking, this story – but take it in its context. It’s a funny, slightly scary and bravely ambitious book. I enjoyed it very much.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Political