BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

VINE VOICEon September 7, 2007
This version has only about 5 tournaments - many fewer than the regular Bridge Baron 17. I guess that's what "Express Edition" means but wish I'd known before I ordered it. It's fun but the non-express Bridge Baron 17 is much much better.
on March 1, 2008
The series of bridge games in these products are great, reflecting classic bridge "duplicate", where hands are played by an entire room of players to see who did the best. The problem with this particular one is that it is very abbreviated; the other ones I have had had a lengthy list of games that occurred in reality and were transcribed for our re-play. But, this disk is very sparing in that and you will be disappointed if that is why you buy these disks. If you want to replay competitions, then buy disks 10-16 in the series.
on July 31, 2007
This is an excellent program for both the beginner and serious bridge player. It does not have the annoying player icons of other programs and allows you to concentrate on the bidding and play. The 500 hands are plenty to enjoy the program. It works well on both Windows XP and Vista. Good value and a fun program.
on August 14, 2013
Got it for my Mother when she upgraded her computer. She said it was okay, but not nearly as good as her previous version.
on January 18, 2007
I bought this for my 84 year old Bridge playing mother. She was able to load it herself and has been playing happily since Christmas. She has played other bridge games before but this one seems to give her more options while still being easy to navigate.
on September 27, 2007
My mother-in-law (86) had a new laptop and had grown weary of trying to play bridge on-line. We bought this for her, and helped her install it. She took it over from there and is playing every day. She's actually looking forward to upcoming long winter days for once!
on June 27, 2014
I have Bridge Baron 23 on a recent version of Windows and if I accidently press a wrong key or hit a key before the program is ready it locks up and the only way out is to shut it down and start again - extremely annoying. Bridge Baron also makes a wrong bid sometimes and then locks up and it requires an Alt/Ctl/Delete to access Task Manager and kill the program.
When I tried to load a version of Bridge Baron onto my laptop it said I was using more versions than allowed. I previously changed the configuration of my desktop computer and reloaded the operating system and Bridge Baron, and it must have assumed this was a second desktop. It took 5 days to sort this out, not much fun if you are waiting to play. Also extremely annoying
on September 29, 2007
I have purchased other bridge games over the years and find most of them lacking. I have always known of Bridge Baron from the American Contract Bridge League where I have earned many master points. When I purchased a new computer this summer I decided to buy Bridge Baron, feeling it was probably the best. I find some areas of bidding less than challenging AND when I finished the first 500 hands, it popped up with an offer to BUY more bridge hands!!! I thought that at over $32 for this disc, as opposed to ~$10 for other discs that have several other games on them, was too much. I would like to have a game with the modern bidding conventions on it, but I have spent all I plan to on this endeavor.
on March 1, 2007
This is the best playing bridge computer game out there, I gave one to my father and he says he hasn't had so much fun since he started playing Tertis for the first time!

As always big publishers like Victory Mulimedia are making a lot of errors when describing most of their products. The Bridge Baron Express has 500 deals + about 700 tournament deals, not 53 octillion deal as stated in the description above and only works on Windows computers, not Macs.
on September 18, 2007
This is not a game. It's an excellent tutorial, probably the best I've found. Because the deals are directly linked to the lessons, you must play them the way they were taught. Since you get help, if you need it, this is all doable. However, it's a great way to learn/internalize the lesson. You don't just read, you play what you learn. If you are committed to learning bridge, then this is your "game". If you want to play the deals with your existing knowledge, it's not. It will push your boundaries. You can later decide if you want to always use these lessons or not, but now you have choice.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question