- Series: The Official Better Bridge Series
- Paperback: 206 pages
- Publisher: Baron Barclay Bridge; Revised edition (March 28, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0939460904
- ISBN-13: 978-0939460908
- Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 0.5 x 8.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (124 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,828 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Bridge Basics 1: An Introduction (The Official Better Bridge Series) Paperback – March 28, 2006
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Two major complaints:
1. I wish that the author had at least covered all of the mechanics and scoring rules of the game, even if very briefly, so that the book could serve as a complete introduction. For example, Grant mentions double bids, but does not devote even a sentence to how they work. She does, however, devote a sentence to letting the reader know that she will cover double bids in the next book in the series. This leads me to my next complaint:
2. The book has clearly been created by a slick marketing machine, and is rife with ads ads ads for the next book in this series, books in other series, bridge software, bridge magazines, etc. It presents incomplete information so as to lock you into the series, thus making you pay $30 (for books 1-3) for *less* information (since those books don't cover declarer or defender play) than is available for $15 in other more-complete introductory bridge texts, such as in Bridge for Dummies or the Complete Idiot's Guide to Bridge.
All in all, this book is expensive for what you get, and I don't think it's worth the price.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just learning the game.. Not able to make a reasonable judgement.Published 1 month ago by Judith Marsh
This is a great little aid when starting to play or returning to the game of Bridge.Published 1 month ago by Catherine Taylor
WoW!!! truly, I have pursued so many books, but there is NOTHING like Audrey Grant's books. And they are So cheap. Read morePublished 2 months ago by JS
This is the best basics on Bridge and I will buy the next in the series of three when I'm finished with this one . Read morePublished 3 months ago by Judith