Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 366 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 535 reviews
on September 24, 2016
I love the Bridget Jones series, especially the first and third. Before going to see the newest installment my roommate and I decided it was time to see the second. I was honestly nervous it would ruin the first for me, but I was pleasantly surprised. It had the same natural and quickly feel as the first. However, it felt like a filler movie. It felt as if they tried to cash in on the popularity of the first without adding a lot more character development. I would have felt slightly unsettled with the second movie being the end of the franchise, but with the third realizing this month I suggest investing in seeing this sequel.
on February 19, 2017
Who can give this movie anything but love and 5 stars? This movie is just pure brilliance. Renee plays seriously the most amazing character that ever was created. I just can't say how much I love this movie, it honestly makes me so happy every time I watch it. I do cringe from embarrassment but that is what makes it even more appealing, that her character is so real and honest. Love it!
on January 4, 2016
A great sequel to Bridget Jone's Diary. Throughout the movie I found myself laughing, screaming at Bridget Jones or covering my eyes to avoid the most awkward situations she found herself in. This is great for a day on the couch and is definitely a feed gooder.
on January 3, 2013
This sequel to the "Diary of Bridget Jones" sees Bridget grappling with her relationship with Mark Darcy while trying to resist giving into the lecherous Daniel Cleaver. Bridget is terribly insecure, and because of her constant need to feel worthy, she jeopardizes the relationship with Mark. But she finally realizes how much he loves her when he comes to her rescue like a knight in shining armor. I am a big fan of the British comedy genre for because of its witty humour; but I am also a fan of movies with well-acted female leads, and Bridget Jones is a character that many women can relate to.

The only issues I have with the film are: 1) Bridget is repeatedly referred to as fat, when in actuality she is really average size (at least Zellweger's body is) and 2) It would be refreshing to watch a Western film in which Thailand and other Asian countries are not the subject of re-heated stereotypes. Nevertheless this is a great film for anyone who likes comedy. Watch it.
on April 21, 2017
Love the whole Bridget Jones series but when is she going to grow up and take responsibility. She echos a big problem in our society of those who want to play and not grow up. The first movie was awesome and this movie does okay in the beginning but the thailand part was badly done in my opinion hence the three stars. The movie still does have valuable lessons throughout.
on December 31, 2013
I cannot for the life of me understand why this movie repeatedly gets such low ratings. It's everything it ought to be. It's quirky, ironic, romantic but not the least bit sappy (in comparison to other romcoms), and the top billed cast is just awesome. If people had gone into the experience expecting something else, I could maybe understand why it would disappoint. But The Edge of Reason follows in the campy footsteps of its predecessor. So nothing about it is unexpected or left field. It's exactly what it should be, and it ought to be rated as an extension of the first film.

So I give this movie 4.5 stars because of all the upside factors I listed above, plus there are some golden moments of absolute, tear-inducing hilarity. *POSSIBLE SPOILER: Magic mushrooms and Madonna's "Like a Virgin." 'Nough said.* I would give it a five but I can't bring myself to rate it that highly, because it's not like it's flawless. But for what is is and was always supposed to be, it's a damn good time.
on October 10, 2016
I love this movie. So funny! I saw this movie years ago when it was first released and with the release of Bridget Jones' Baby at theaters, I had to get back into the swing of things!
As always Bridget is torn between her love, a bad boy and her own spinster ways! This isn't quite as good as the first, but it still delivers with the elements of a classic romantic comedy. Lots of good laughs will be had watching this!
on March 26, 2017
Funny and cute movie!! Just like the first two! Hope someday in the future to see another addition to this story to see how the baby is doing!
on May 15, 2017
I was hoping for a sequel and three years later, my wish came true! I never get tired of Bridget and the antics that she, Daniel Cleever, and Mark Darcy get themselves into. Love these three together, with all of the 'old' friends from the original movie, to come alive again and get into trouble. Another 2 hours of laughing and enjoyment! Hoped for another sequel after seeing this film. ; )
on April 27, 2016
It's an okay sequel. Well, as far as sequels go, I have seen way worse. I'm not sure if I want to own it one day, but it was definitely enjoyable to watch it once. I haven't read any of the books, which is probably why I found it enjoyable. It's mostly the fans of the books who don't like this movie.