Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 563 reviews
on January 1, 2015
It's still classic Bridget Jones, and who doesn't like her! But quite honestly this sequel wasn't as funny as the first. It was a little more disjointed than the first and while her relationship troubles were funnier in the original, I just found the ups and downs so much sadder this time around.

That being said, if you've read the original, definitely worth making your own decision on this one. I had read both of these books over 10 years ago so decided to re-read them this past year to see how I felt about them after time. They held up as Helen Fielding is very creative and funny but Edge of Reason was not as laugh out loud as the original. I remember laughing out loud quite a bit in the original where as in this one I thought the drunk Christmas cards were the funniest scene. Not as many memorable Bridget moments.
on June 23, 2014
I love Bridget Jones, and even though I became aware of her through the movies first, I went back to read the books recently. I was not disappointed. I felt that the movies did a good job keeping as close to the books as they could. But, reading the books filled out so much more of Bridget's character. This book continues along the lines of the first one, with Bridget making the wrong assumptions and jumping in head first instead of tentatively sticking in her toes. I love the format of diary writing and I just found her so hilariously normal. Just when you start to roll your eyes a bit at her, she does something so clearly wrong, or kind hearted it brings you right back into the story, I can't recommend these books enough!
on March 3, 2017
The credits roll so fast after movies and many times I don't stay for them, busy talking about the film. I was delighted to find this book on Weber Books sight as a free offering. Now that I know the author and have discovered the series, I expect to enjoy more raucous romps with Bridget and friends.
on June 22, 2012
I've enjoy Bridget Jones movies very much, and have not read the books until very recently. I thought I'd give it a try, to see whether I liked the original as much as the film version of our heroine - Bridget Jones - and to my surprise I enjoyed the books as well. Although, coming to this book franchise after having watched the movies first, I must admit - I was looking for the books to follow the movies, which the first movie did, the second - not so much. After finishing The Edge of Reason, and it being so different from the film, I think I enjoyed this book more than the movie, because of its differences. The situations that Bridget got herself in were hilarious to read and the development of Mark Darcy's character was great. There are a great number of funny scenes and situations throughout this book. As everyone mentioned the Colin Firth interview - is very funny, and I was laughing out loud when Bridget was trying to buy a bikini:

"Saturday 19 July

129 lbs. (why? On bikini-purchase day, why?), confusing thoughts about Daniel: too many, bikini bottoms fitted into 1, bikini tops fitted into: half, rude thoughts about Prince William 22, no. of times wrote "Prince William and his lovely date Miss Bridget Jones at Ascot" on Hello! magazine 7.

6.30 p.m. Bloody, bloody, bloody. Have spent all day in changing rooms of Oxford Street trying to squeeze my breasts into bikini tops designed for people with breasts either arranged one on top of the other in the centre of their chests or one under each arm, with the harsh downlighting making me look like River Cafe frittata. Obvious solution is one-piece but then will return with already squashily textured stomach highlighted against rest of body by whiteness."

I enjoyed reading these books and would recommend it to anyone wanting a fun and light read.
on July 3, 2016
Love the movies but i found this book very difficult to read. They are all so annoying i just wanted to shake them and tell them to stop being so stupid!
on August 13, 2017
I hadn't read the first book, so had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. The book made me laugh a few times and was cheerfully entertaining throughout.
on January 2, 2001
If you have not read Bridget Jones' Diary first, go do so before reading The Edge of Reason. Okay, done that? Now of course you want more, but how can anything rival the Diary? It can't. But if you want to spend more time with Bridget, at least this book affords that. Whereas Bridget was a tapestry of neatly woven plot lines with echoes of Jane Austen, The Edge of Reason is like several story lines running parallel down a track, some falling down short, others overshooting the finish line, not one mixing too well with another. The timing's off. But The Edge of Reason has its laughs and it has Bridget, who in the worst moments, like in a Thai jail, always pops up a survivor. For those who don't know: the real Colin Firth is set to play Mark Darcy in the film based on Diary.
on March 17, 2015
The first book was very funny and refreshingly different. Edge of reason is funny in few parts but not as funny as the first book. It starts well but by the end gets tiresome and you can't understand why is Bridget doing all this like suddenly going abroad or suddenly landing up in jail, she sounds dumb more than innocent. Still I would recommend you to read it for few chuckles here and there.
on August 8, 2017
Always funny read. Love Bridget Jones.
on March 4, 2017
I was really happy to find this book on audio, and I loved it!