Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Briggs & Riley 15.4 Inch Executive Expandable Rolling Briefcase,Black,12.8x15.8x8
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on October 1, 2012
This is a fantastic bag for me. I carry a big laptop with a BIG power brick, spare battery, and charger for this ridiculous W520 "laptop." I carry my cell phone, Bose headphones, a mini-speaker, mouse, security cable, room ionizer (okay, I live well on the road). I carry client files, and the manuscript I'm working on. Plus I have all my office supplies: pens, paper, paper clips, business cards, MiFi, USB drive, flashlight, a wallet of airline/hotel cards, passport, Neosporin....

This bag has pockets, nooks, and crannies for everything. And it seems to be very well built. Just right for a road-warrior like me.

My only complaint is that the laptop (14.75" wide) is a touch too wide for the pocket (minus the padded case they provided). So the jippers jam when trying to close unless I carefully hold the flaps together. I tacked (with needle/thread) the side flap to the computer pocket, and that helped a bit. But unless I go to a bigger size (which I'll never get under the first-class airplane seat in front of me), I think I'll live with this.
on October 18, 2013
Briggs & Riley makes the best luggage....durable and highly functional. I was looking for a rolling case for an overnight business trip...and am very happy with this case. Enough room for a change of clothes and shaving kit - expandable - for more. At the same time, it is compact serves well as a business case.
on March 6, 2012
Color is very rich. This bag stands up to the Briggs & Riley standard. Plenty of room and pockets for specific items like cell phones, flash drives, etc. It has a long handle for when you want the bag to roll and I also enjoy the two flexible strap handles instead of one hard handle. The clamp that allows this bag to be secured to the handle of a larger roller bag works great. It was a little pricey, but worth it in the long run.
on February 13, 2013
I love Briggs & Riley products...had one of their briefcases before. Very well made, professional, and last a long time. Price was best on Amazon. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I didn't realize it doesn't have a shoulder strap, which would be easy option for B&R to include. Great rolling bag though for biz people who need to carry laptop and files and don't want to break their back because they don't have the rolling option.
on May 8, 2012
You can carry every office arsenal you have in this bag and some more. It's a huge bag. Not sure what "medium" means over at Briggs & Riley but I guess it's like Berger King medium where everything is large and above. The exterior dimensions are as follows (with bag standing on its on and not expanded), width=16 height=13.5 and depth 9.25 including the handle. Total inches come out to 38.75 which is clearly beyond the domestic carrier under seat limitation of around 35 to 36 total inches. I don't really get the purpose of this bag. If I wanted a "from car to office" bag, I'd simply get a non-wheeled model. If I really needed wheels then it'll be more for a legal brief case like Briggs Executive Rolling Catalog Case. More likely, something like this is meant for air travel where I have to wheel this thing to client meetings. But it isn't big enough to hold my carry-on contents nor is it small enough to fit under airplane seats. And chances are that I'll need to plop this thing on top of my regular carry-on to travel without checking my carry-on. But that presents a problem because this doesn't get counted as 2nd personal item on board (overhead bin's total inches should be 45 or less and under seat total inches should be 35 or 36 max). Try stowing a 2nd bag in the overhead bin and you might just create a violent survival-of-the-bin-fittest scene. In the end, this bag doesn't serve much purpose other than being a great bag for your long walk to work but not fly on the airplane type of job. Not sure how many people actually do that these days. Or you can use it as a second personal item on the airplane but you'd better hope that gate agents don't see you. As for the internal compartment, you can fit a 15.5 inch laptop in here. Finally the Outsider handle feature doesn't work very well here because you can't shoulder carry the bag (when you can't roll) without the handle mechanism painfully rubbing up on your side. I also had a defect. One of my wheels was stuck and didn't roll.
on October 30, 2014
6/15 Update

1) The most frustrating thing the bag tips over forward easily due to the bottom feet being close to the center of the bag.
2) The twist plate that attaches keeps it on the roller, came off. It is held on with a screw. I recommend always twisting clockwise as to not back the plate off the screw that attaches to the elastic strap.

The one I was shipped was not the one in the picture.
Summary - I would have gone with the $100 Victorinox / Swiss bag knowing all of this.

-----------------------------------------------

I waited years to get my B&R bag after hearing great things about B&R from a coworker simply because my Swiss bag would not die. It finally gave up the ghost and I went with this B&R after a bunch of research. After a month of heavy use I have to align with the person who commented on the width of the handle bars and how the bag does not fit well between the bars of the roller it sits on. Very frustrating as bumps turns and vibration encourage it to fall left or right of the bag it's riding on which also contributes to scarring each product as they rub and wear on each other. If you are going to spend 300+ dollars on a bag like this you are probably a serious tech traveler and you will want to know these details. It is a great product but I probably would have spent my money somewhere else if I could have taken it for a test drive first. Another Swiss bag would have done the trick for a 3rd of the price. So here it goes:

Good:
- construction
- design...
- pockets and compartments
- wheels, quiet smooth rolling
- dedicated key and sunglasses space
- inside front high pocked for ear buds, hot spot and other all techno stuff
- soft inner lined pocket for tablets, comfy...

Bad:
- the dang locking turn key system, it is wider than the bars on my Costco / Kirkland roller which forces you to wiggle it to fit
- the width of the bars on the B&R bag are the same as my roller causing the two to not get along well; hence the shift left or right as it settles.
- I expected heavier guage zippers. These are a bit delicate. My old swiss bag and many Tumi bags I've seen have better zippers.
- product I got was slightly different than what I selected online.
- the bottom feet are too close to the center of gravity. Fully packed, the bag likes to tip over. I now pack gear like you would on a small plane to make sure it is balanced. This is just silly. Another inch forward with the feet placement and the bag would not tip.

My travel is weekly through airports, dragging my roller through streets, w stairs, uneven pavement and other common terestrial challengs.

I'm now very tuned in to all other similar offering and admire the simple slip over handle design from Tumi along with the thick nylon and zipper components. Just saying...

Travel well my friends
on April 22, 2013
The Briggs and Riley computer case is okay. What makes it okay rather than good is a really poor design decision for a really, really expensive computer case. There are three zipper pockets. And only one has zipper connections that allows it to be locked. Why? These cases are left in hotel rooms and meeting rooms; is it that the Briggs and Riley has decided that only one compartment may have personal or valuable things? Or is spending the extra 50 cents for a zipper connection that locks taking too much profit from Briggs and Riley? Poor decision, in my opinion.
on January 12, 2015
Love it!
on October 14, 2014
Doesnt line up well with other Briggs and Riley luggage when attached on. Hand rails are not equal so attaching to other luggage is cumbersome.