Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Briggs & Stratton 698369 Air Filter Foam Element
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on October 3, 2012
This is an exact replacement for the filter that came with my cheap lawnmower. It is the same one you can buy at your local big box store, and it may be cheaper. I had it shipped for free, saving me a trip, so I think it is was a good deal.
on May 25, 2013
I was embarrassed at how much better my lawnmower ran after I threw out the old filter and put this one in - apparently, I'd waited too long to change the thing. This is because most retail stores in my area will only sell this foam filter paired with its plastic housing, and will charge upward of $10 for the whole thing. This is annoying when you just need the foam bit, so it was nice to find it here on Amazon for about five bucks. I'd suggest grabbing a few of these and keeping backups in your garage/tool shed. My mower runs like almost new again; I must be a better mower owner and change this sucker out more frequently.
on August 22, 2016
These filters fit perfectly in my lawnmower. The picture should be corrected as they do not have the Briggs & Stratton Logo on they when they arrive and also come in a plastic bag.

They are foam all the way through and are quite easy to swap out. When a lawn mower's air filter starts to get clogged with dirt you will notice that the motor's speed may raise and lower or it will feel as though it is struggling to get the job done. You should replace this filter more often if while you mow you are creating dust in the air.

The four filters I received are like the ones above without the logo from the manufacturer. Probably not actually genuine but for the price I paid and since they are made of the exact same material it really didn't matter. They do they job of keeping dirt out of the carburetor and the price was right.
on June 22, 2016
This air filter for my poulan lawn mower is a great replacement that fits perfectly into the filter compartment. This is a one for one swap and these filters last for a great length of time. I only switched this out because i failed to clean oil and dead grass from being sucked in and blocking the filter which clogged it. This is a highly recommended replacement for fixes and maintenance.
on March 23, 2016
This looks like quite an adequate filter but I have to mention that it did not come in a sealed factory package nor is Briggs & Stratton printed on the filter. Nothing is printed on the filter. I have to assume that this is NOT an original B&S filter but a knockoff hence the low price and free shipping. But, the bottom line is that I hope it will work just fine. At least that's how it looks for now. It has not been used yet. I hope it doesn't melt.
on August 19, 2016
If you have not replaced your air filter on your lawn mower, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???? Keeping a clean air filter will improve the performance of the mower and keep it running for many many years. Depending on your exact conditions you should be replacing it every year, maybe more often if you have a lot of dust from dirt, etc. when you mow.
on July 16, 2016
Plug-n-play. Undid the plastic housing this lives inside, unclipped it, removed the dregs of the old filter and replaced with this. Mower is now a lot quieter and should at lesast stop ingesting so much in the way of dust and bits of leaves (my back yard has a large oak tree which kills grass, leaving dirt and leaf mold with little sprouty weeds to mow, very hard on carburetors to draw in. A good way to muffle and extend the life of your engine if the old filter needs replacement or, in this case, had turned to a solid, dusty mass.
on April 8, 2016
I just did a tune up on my 21 inch MTD Briggs and Stratton powered push mower. A few years late but now I know this should be done yearly. I also changed the oil with Briggs and Stratton oil. All available for competitive price here on Amazon. Thanks again Amazon!!! This filter will keep my mower running better and add life to a 6 year old lawnmower.
on May 13, 2016
This is a basic air filter and fit well. It was a perfect replacement for the worn out dirty one it was replacing.

My only recommendation is to wear gloves when coating it with oil. It had been a while since I did one of these oiled foam filters. It was a little messy but it is what it is.....
on June 19, 2015
This was a replacement part for my husband's Briggs and Stratton power washer. It was an older model, but by just looking at the product online we could tell it was the correct part, and it was. It was also cheaper than in the stores by a couple of dollars. I believe this was an add-on item, so I would wait until you meet the minimum order to order this. Of course, this is always easy to do at Amazon!