Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Our Best Wines Holiday Savings with 1¢ Shipping Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon 25% off select Graco products

Showing 1-10 of 729 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on July 30, 2012
Pros:
- My 9-month-old still plays with it at least briefly every day.
- He loves the spinning ball at one end.
- A good variety of shapes to spin and chew on.

Cons:
- The ribbed rings are not in contrasting colors, as pictured.
- The paint on the caterpillar's body has begun to chip/scrape off.
- My baby has never been able to make the squeaker at one end squeak, and doesn't seem amused by the squeaky sound that it makes. (He loves every other squeaker out there.)
- He's never seemed overly interested in this toy.

Update: At 10 months, my baby is not interested in this toy any longer.
33 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
I was looking for a toy that is not a teether, a rattle or a teddy bear, that my 3-month old baby girl would be able to use on her own at her young age. After looking around I decided to give this activity ball a try. Well, I was so right to do so! She immediately started grasping, shaking and putting this toy in her mouth, and a few days later she started pushing the frog up and down and trying to make the ball on top turn. Simply amazing! The ball offers lots of amusement for baby without the hassle of electronics, loud noises and annoying songs. She just didn't want to put it down and actually held on to it even when I was taking her to her room for a nap.

She stopped playing with it around the time she got 10 months old, but hey, that's a toy for young babies, not toddlers, so I don't agree with reviewers who complain about the short life time of it, especially when I think how much it was loved and used for these months! And even if it is not used anymore, it is still in such a good shape that her siblings will be able to use it, too. And for sure, they'll love it!
on July 28, 2013
Our granddaughter is 8 months old and loves this toy! She spends a lot of time with it and loves the end that "beeps". She talks to the little figures and seems to enjoy her time with it.
on November 9, 2012
I bought this when my daughter was just about 5 months old (she's almost 7 months now) and it has been one of her favorites since then. It's not a true sphere more of an oblong shape so I wouldn't get it if your looking for a ball to roll on the floor. It's made up of several curved plastic rods surrounding a straight central rod. The top has a red squeaky button that my daughter loves to hear and the bottom has a spinny clear and red plastic ball with bbeads inside. The central rod has a green plastic frog that can be made to jump up and down. Each of the outer rods have lots of different bright colors and textures. One has differently shaped beads on it that can be slid up and down and another has a square blue spinning mirror. There are just so many different activities packed into this little inexpensive toy and it's very lightweight and easy to take with you when you travel. It definitely keeps my baby busy and the best part is their are no batteries, flashing lights and loud music.
on November 3, 2016
This item was bigger than I expected and my son wasn't attracted to it like I thought he would be. The frog in the middle is on a spring but hard to reach. This item would be great for infants if it wasn't so heavy. It doesn't roll like a ball either. So it's not as functional as I would hope it would be. I wouldn't have bought this item if I had known. Maybe my son when he gets older will like it.
on January 23, 2014
Grandbabies just love this, one is 7 month and the other just turned 8 months and they both are fascinated by this toy! Lightweight so easy for them to hold and also moves easily for crawling practice. Each side has something different so keeps them busy!
on February 9, 2016
I bought this for my grand daughter when she was very little and she still carries it around a year later. It offers quite a few different stimulating options for their senses which must be what makes it a favorite toy for so long. It also holds up very well as she loves to throw things and it is still in tact.
on December 28, 2015
This is SO adorable! My son loves shaking it and rattling it around. This was one of the best toys for him this Christmas! And the frog looks like the little guy from the app cut the rope. Great starter toy for my 6 month old. Thank you!
on May 12, 2016
My little guy LOVES this activity ball. His favorite feature is easily the mirror or the ball on top containing the little beads that spins. The spindles are easy for his little hands to grasp and safe for him to chew on as he has started teething. He loves moving the beads up and down the spindles and looking at all of the bright colors. The package recommendation says 6+ months, but our little guy has been enjoying this toy since about three months of age. Its the perfect size to toss in the diaper bag too so that he can play with it in the car or at the sitter's house.
This made a great addition to his first ever Easter basket.
review image
on July 27, 2016
My Grandson is 5 months old and really starting to like this toy. He likes the mirror and the little beads that spin. It is easy for him to grab and hold on to as well as looking at the vibrant colors. It is easy to bring with us as well. It states for 6+ months - I have had this toy for awhile and just recently gave it to him. From what other reviewers wrote it may be good for younger babies. However, my Grandson was not holding things on his own until about 4 1/2 months that I can remember so I guess it depends on your baby. It is definitely worth the purchase - I think he has a few good months of playing with this toy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.