YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Valentine's Day gifts in Beauty Valentines Day STEM Book House Cleaning Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 747 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on March 13, 2013
I was looking for a toy that is not a teether, a rattle or a teddy bear, that my 3-month old baby girl would be able to use on her own at her young age. After looking around I decided to give this activity ball a try. Well, I was so right to do so! She immediately started grasping, shaking and putting this toy in her mouth, and a few days later she started pushing the frog up and down and trying to make the ball on top turn. Simply amazing! The ball offers lots of amusement for baby without the hassle of electronics, loud noises and annoying songs. She just didn't want to put it down and actually held on to it even when I was taking her to her room for a nap.

She stopped playing with it around the time she got 10 months old, but hey, that's a toy for young babies, not toddlers, so I don't agree with reviewers who complain about the short life time of it, especially when I think how much it was loved and used for these months! And even if it is not used anymore, it is still in such a good shape that her siblings will be able to use it, too. And for sure, they'll love it!
on July 30, 2012
Pros:
- My 9-month-old still plays with it at least briefly every day.
- He loves the spinning ball at one end.
- A good variety of shapes to spin and chew on.

Cons:
- The ribbed rings are not in contrasting colors, as pictured.
- The paint on the caterpillar's body has begun to chip/scrape off.
- My baby has never been able to make the squeaker at one end squeak, and doesn't seem amused by the squeaky sound that it makes. (He loves every other squeaker out there.)
- He's never seemed overly interested in this toy.

Update: At 10 months, my baby is not interested in this toy any longer.
33 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
Our granddaughter is 8 months old and loves this toy! She spends a lot of time with it and loves the end that "beeps". She talks to the little figures and seems to enjoy her time with it.
on November 9, 2012
I bought this when my daughter was just about 5 months old (she's almost 7 months now) and it has been one of her favorites since then. It's not a true sphere more of an oblong shape so I wouldn't get it if your looking for a ball to roll on the floor. It's made up of several curved plastic rods surrounding a straight central rod. The top has a red squeaky button that my daughter loves to hear and the bottom has a spinny clear and red plastic ball with bbeads inside. The central rod has a green plastic frog that can be made to jump up and down. Each of the outer rods have lots of different bright colors and textures. One has differently shaped beads on it that can be slid up and down and another has a square blue spinning mirror. There are just so many different activities packed into this little inexpensive toy and it's very lightweight and easy to take with you when you travel. It definitely keeps my baby busy and the best part is their are no batteries, flashing lights and loud music.
on February 29, 2016
I bought these as gifts, since my daughter received one when she was born. She LOVES it! It's a common grab for her when she wants to play. The toy has multiple items to manipulate and is one of the least annoying with regards to sounds. There's a little bit of a rattle and some clicking. That's it. It's also very sturdy, as she's dropped and thrown and kicked this all over. There isn't a scratch to be found.

The boys who received these love them as well. It's definitely a great purchase at a great price!
on January 23, 2014
Grandbabies just love this, one is 7 month and the other just turned 8 months and they both are fascinated by this toy! Lightweight so easy for them to hold and also moves easily for crawling practice. Each side has something different so keeps them busy!
on November 1, 2015
What a great infant toy!! I love how easy it is for them to hold and the many different things for them to do ! With so many technical toys out today some sometimes it seems the simple sensory needs of babies aren't being met. Babies need to move things, feel things, and see what happens when they do so. This is a great toy that allows them to leave cause and effect and gives them a lot of freedom to do what they want while learning and discovering.
on March 16, 2015
baby love
review image review image review image
on August 7, 2012
My son LOVES to slide things and spin them so I thought he would LOVE this ball. I purchased it to put in his Easter basket when he was 12 months old. I honestly think that I missed the optimal window for this. He plays with it occasionally but doesn't love it like I thought he would.

My recommendation is to purchase this for a younger baby...they will LOVE it! It does have a lot to do and is very durable.
on November 3, 2016
This item was bigger than I expected and my son wasn't attracted to it like I thought he would be. The frog in the middle is on a spring but hard to reach. This item would be great for infants if it wasn't so heavy. It doesn't roll like a ball either. So it's not as functional as I would hope it would be. I wouldn't have bought this item if I had known. Maybe my son when he gets older will like it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.