Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks Toy
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 722 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 2, 2013
I should have listened to the 1 negative recent review. The instructions say to wash with a damp cloth and soap before use. I did so and put my mouth on the material just to make sure all the soap was gone and the stitches around the edges of these blocks have the most terrible chemical taste, which was not the soap I used (as I licked some of the blocks I hadn't cleaned yet). It appears that an adhesive is used to keep the material together which is the likely culprit. These blocks are therefore not safe for a baby under 1 year (i.e., a baby that places everything in their mouths). I am very alarmed they are selling these for babies that put everything in their mouths. I've filed a report with the CPSC and will contact the manufacturer.
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2013
The edges have chemical taste. I tried to wash and it seems to go away but my son starts crying each time when he sees them...
on April 12, 2012
I was looking for blocks that could be used for stacking, something educational and of course fun!

What I got that I didn't anticipate is that I enjoyed shaking them, too! HEY I'M A NEW GRANDPA! I'M ALLOWED!

You'll find the sewing to be top notch and solid assembly. Of course, you'll want to check these often to make sure nothing can break off and be a choking hazard but I doubt it will... until my grandson gets teeth and uses them to rip the fabric. (groan)

What I didn't count on that is a real joy is that the bell that is on the inside is actually soothing - no loud CLANG or anything like that, just a gentle ring.

I think you'll find this is a very good pick!
on December 17, 2012
I did some research prior buying these cubes. Wanted something educational, yet fun and easy. Our daughter is 6 months old and she loved them right from the start. She still plays only with one at a time, I am the only one stacking them for fun for now :)
It states not to wash them in the washing machine, but I wanted them clean before giving them to my girl, so I put them in a pillow cover and put them on gentle cycle. Everything came out fine.
Two cubes have sounds (different bell like sounds) and two cubes are rustling. 4 cubes are more then enough. Great purchase for us!
on January 11, 2012
The idea behind these blocks is great. They're brightly colored, have little tags on the sides for little hands to crab, they crinkle, etc. They would be great if they weren't so poorly made!! Mine arrived with two blocks much smaller than the others, and squished in a way that they aren't even square blocks!! Needless to say, with two of the four "blocks" so misshapen, keeping them stacked up is difficult. Also, the sewing on some of the blocks seems very sloppy. If only these were made better, they'd be great.
on December 14, 2012
I purchased these blocks a little over three months ago. They are still my son's favorite toy. He likes to chew on the crinkle ones and shake the rattling ones to make them jingle. They have held up nicely considering all the wear they get. Even they are marked as "spot clean only", I have washed them several times in a lingerie bag in my washer on the delicate cycle, pop them in the dryer for about 20 minutes and then air dry for a day or two. They are brightly colored and well made. Overall I would say these are a great buy!
on October 1, 2014
These are one of my son's favorite toys! The four blocks are all different. Two are crunchy and two are jingly. My son loves the crunchy ones. He's a big time chewer and loves chewing on these blocks endlessly. He enjoyed them at 4 months and still loves them at 8 months.
on September 3, 2015
I have purchased these blocks several times to give as baby shower gifts and I have used them with my first baby and now I use them with my second baby. These blocks are so light-weight, travel really well, and are machine washable. After washing them I recommend air drying them instead of putting them in the dryer. The blocks are colorful and the images are friendly-looking. Another detail that I like is that they have little tags that stick off the sides of the blocks and on the little images. For instance, there is a caterpillar that has little antennas sewn on the head and on another block one there is a bug that has a wing sewn on it. These details make it easy for little hands to grab and squish and crinkle. Some of the blocks crinkle or have a small bell in it which makes for a nice tactile and auditory experience for little ones. These blocks are also great for little ones that are sitting up and learning to stack things.

We use these blocks pretty much everywhere: on airplanes and play dates, on the play mat at home, in her on her bouncy seat, etc. These blocks are one of those toys that I am confident my baby won't hurt herself with and keeps her entertained for a while. I highly recommend purchasing these for your little ones and giving them away as gifts.
on May 16, 2016
My baby got this for a Christmas present and we have waited a few months until he was old enough to play with.....as a starter toy at 4 months he had a very hard time keeping a grip on the toy, he is 5 months old now and it still having a hard time holding onto this toy. I think at about six months when his hand coordination is better he will really enjoy this toy. For now as a starter toy it's a bit hard to hold. The product is very cute and colorful and well made.
on July 30, 2015
Great addition to the toybox, they're great because they crinkling make noise they're great for when they're learning their sensory skills they have fabric ridges on the outside of them for new babies who are learning to touch and feel they are also easy to wipe down if they get dirty I have actually washed one of them and it came out fine even though it's recommended not to machine wash. The colors and the characters and letters on them are great would definitely recommend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.