Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brightech - BrightPlay Live - NFC Enabled HiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver / Adapter - Bring Your Old Stereo Systems and Speakers Back to Life - Fast and Simple Upgrade - Frustration Free Eco Packaging
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on March 10, 2015
With this magical little device, you can pretty much turn any regular speaker into a bluetooth speaker. It’s a very small device, but it does come with a bunch of wires. There’s a dedicated power cable/adapter and an AUX cable to connect the bluetooth receiver to an actual speaker. Within the adapter, there’s also an NFC chip which allows NFC enabled phones (search “NFC enabled phones” on Google for a list if you’re not sure) to tap the receiver to pair it up via bluetooth. For those without NFC, you can still do it the old fashioned way (via settings, etc.). Anyways, once you have it plugged in and paired to your phones, you can connect it to any speaker with an AUX input jack, and that speaker essentially becomes a wireless bluetooth speaker! It also comes with the more outdated audio adapter as well so you can plug this into your older speakers/TV and play music from your phone!

I’ve personally found this to be useful for my old set of stereo speakers, because now I can essentially stream music wirelessly from across the room. That being said, I do think that this is a product with limited use, since you can essentially do the thing by just connecting your phone to the speakers via an AUX cable. The only benefit this gives you is that it allows you to have a wireless connection between normally wired connections. When I was using it, it took me around 2-3 taps using the NFC pairing function before it recognized it and paired it up with the receiver. After pairing it up however, everything else worked flawlessly. The range is around 30 feet, which is more than enough for my uses around the house. On a side note, since this isn’t battery operated, it has to be kept plugged in at all times. This limits the portability, but it also means you don’t have to rely on battery life.

Aside from the limited functionality, it does work really well. I’d like to see it come with something like a car adapter as well, for example, so I could also use it in the car. Overall, I don’t think this is something that would be considered a necessity for everyone, but for those who would like what is essentially a wireless update for their older speakers, this is a solution which works well.

Check out the pictures for the size comparisons–it’s around the size of a regular egg.

Feel free to leave any questions and comments below, and please note that I was sent this product for review.

5/5

Summary
+ Works flawlessly
+ Easy to use
+ “Upgrades” older speakers with Bluetooth
- NFC function took multiple taps
- Limited use
- Has to be kept plugged in
on October 9, 2014
Easy set up. My iPhone, then iPad found it quickly. I was a little disappointed that I have to be sure to drop it from one device before the other device can find it. With my husband and I both having iPads and iPhones, it is a pain to track down the other person's device and disconnect it. That's why I only gave 4 stars.

The quality of the streaming when I'm sitting in our living room, where the good speakers are, is excellent. I don't know how good the range is, but I got it for that good stereo system so I'm not interested in moving away from the stereo system to try the range.
on December 6, 2014
I am very picky about my audio systems and sound quality. I have a Marantz Class A/B amp (Old School) using a pair of Definitive Technology SM 450's and a Definitive Pro Series sub and this little gadget makes my Macbook Pro laptop/iPhone 5s/iPad 2 into media servers by connecting it over Bluetooth. Each of those devices performed and sounded differently. It did require me to disconnect each BT connection before I could reconnect it to a different device.

My 6 month old laptop performed the best although the iPad 2 was not far behind if at all. The iPad worked perfectly thru 2 walls and approx. 20 feet away. I don't know why but the volume levels were very different between the iPad and the laptop. The iPad I needed to turn the volume up 25% higher on my amp to get the = sound volume as I get from the laptop.

I also did a test switching my receiver from Bluetooth to a direct wired connection and I seldom noticed the difference even on very detailed content. Without this device I would have had to get a new AVR which would have cost me up to 2k to match the sound quality of my HiFi amp that I have now. It will cut out if you get the iPhone/Laptop, etc to close to the BT receiver. I was pretty sure this would not make the cut but it is fantastic.

I am having so much fun with the update of my beloved stereo. To get the best performance and sound quality your source devise needs to be Bluetooth 4.x. I ran a test using BT 3.x and it still sounded good enough for me.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 7, 2015
 I am extremely impressed with how well this performs. As you can see in the video, connecting and disconnecting is trivially easy. Initial pairing is especially simple with NFC, but it is *as* easy as with any other Bluetooth device if your phone doesn't have NFC. In the video, you'll see that it works with a Fire Phone, so it's not just "pure Android" devices which work.

I had this connected to my receiver, and fidelity was very good. Range was basically "in the room or nearby", as is the case with most other BT devices.

As other reviewers have mentioned, this will forget pairings if unplugged... but it's meant to be plugged in all the time. There are other options for cars, for example, that will remember pairings when power cycled. Even so, re-pairing takes literally only a few seconds.

I apologize for the few loud bumps in the video (especially when I hit the mic as I was starting the music playing) - this house is busy enough that I often have time for just the one take. Also, I mentioned "headphone or line in", when I meant just "line in" - you'd not connect this to a headphone jack.

I received a free sample for evaluation, but it didn't influence my review. As you can see in the video, it certainly works.
on April 30, 2015
I bought two of these. The first one was on May 2014 and as of April 2015 its already no longer discoverable by any device. I contacted Brightech for warranty but they havent answered even though its been a week. Their email address started with "wecare" but apparently they dont. So if you buy because of their 3 year guarantee, dont bother. Its not worth it
on December 26, 2015
By adding this, I am able to convert my existing receiver to a bluetooth player. I have no problem connecting this to my iPhones, iPads and iMac! this is really flawless. I should have bought this a long time ago. Initially I was thinking of getting a sound bar to work as a bluetooth speaker....I rather use my existing sound system as I still have CDs and vinyl to play with....
on March 30, 2015
Small profile. Works as advertised on the older receiver we purchased for our outdoor entertaining. No issues with the easy pairing process. Would be nice if you didn't need to plug it into a power source but that's nit picking. I wanted to use my cell phone to send spotify streaming on my receiver and it does that perfectly.

I plugged it into the "CD" input on the receiver. I turn to CD when I want to use spotify on my cell phone. Turn on bluetooth and the phone asks if I want to pair with "Music Receiver". Viola. Done and enjoy your music.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 16, 2015
 This device lets you add bluetooth functionality to any speaker system with ease. It's pretty much plug and play when you have an NFC enabled device to transmit from. Just plug everything in, tap your NFC device to the receiver and you're ready to start streaming audio. Even if you don't have NFC and just have regular ol' bluetooth, it's trivial to pair via bluetooth by going into your device's bluetooth settings and selecting the receiver. In most cases, you won't even have to enter a PIN number. The device can remember up to 8 paired devices and automatically connect with them when they come into range.

It's nice that the AC adapter AND audio cable are both 6 ft long. This gives you a lot of distance to work with if you need to go behind furniture or under a desk to place the receiver in a convenient location (for NFC tap access). It does however, make you question how "wireless" these wireless devices really are; it's only to certain point I suppose :-). If you're not going to use the NFC feature, you can put it anywhere and connect to it via bluetooth as long as you're within about 30 feet from it. So long as you're within range, the receiver will continue to receive audio signals from your device.

You can control the volume using both the device streaming the music and the device outputting the sound (if applicable). It might be hard to tell from the video, but for me, the audio is clear with no digital distortion, lagging or stuttering. I am impressed with the sound integrity that was maintained as you typically get some "boxiness" with wireless streaming due to compression. However the new BT standard seems to have resolved a lot of that. Just note that the sound quality will be limited by the speakers you attach to the receiver.

This device makes it easy to add wireless bluetooth streaming to all your devices. Even if your audio source doesn't have bluetooth, you can use Brightech's compatible bluetooth transmitter with this receiver and get wireless streaming between the two devices. Brightech - BrightPlay Live HD™ Bluetooth Transmitter with apt-X Technology for Digital Quality Sound - Add Bluetooth transmitting function to your electronic devices and transmit audio to your Bluetooth headphones or speakers wirelessly

I received this item as a sample for my full and unbiased review.
on June 1, 2015
Nice linkup between the digital world and analog audio equipment. I've not been able to try out the NFC feature because I use an iPhone and Apple hasn't made NFC available to 3rd party apps and equipment yet, which is disappointing, but the Bluetooth works well and lets me pipe audio through my analog stereo system anytime I want to.
on December 23, 2014
On my Windows 7 laptop, I needed to install a bluetooth radio and get it paired with this device. As others have noted, you'll probably have to install a special bluetooth driver to get it to work; the default drives from Microsoft will not do music over bluetooth. It's a minor hassle, but none of that is Brightech's fault. Once everything is installed and paired and you've selected the device for sound output, it works fine, with the following caveats:

1. Range is limited to 25', line of sight. More than that and the stuttering started. If you need the 30'+ that bluetooth generally provides, it's not found here.

2. As noted, this device pairs with one other device and that's it. To change the source, you have to power it off. For my purposes that's fine; for some other situations it would rapidly become a hassle.

3. Audio quality isn't terrible, but audiophiles are going to wince a little.The bass in particular seems sloppy. For the most part I'm using this to get internet podcasts and movies to my home theater, and the source material is rarely recorded with fanatical accuracy anyway, so for my purposes the sound is fine. Just don't expect the world. As a way to liberate youtube videos and podcasts from tiny laptop speakers it's a very decent solution.

4. The signal it outputs is a little weaker than I would like; in other words, you may need to turn the volume up on your stereo a bit more than you expect (and the PC volume needs to be set to max). It's... adequate, but adequate plus 15% would have been nice here.

I have two of these; one for an upstairs stereo and my wife's laptop, one for a downstairs stereo laptop and my own laptop. Installation, range and performance seem pretty much identical, so they seem to have their quality control down.

When paired, it shines a steady blue LED (it blinks when not paired). It's not excessively bright (an important consideration for a home theater) but there's no off switch for it; have your black electrical tape ready if you don't plan to hide the device behind something.

For 5 stars it would need cleaner audio, the standard 30' range, and cost less than the $27 I paid.