- File Size: 619 KB
- Print Length: 63 pages
- Publisher: Irish Blessings; 1 edition (January 25, 2015)
- Publication Date: January 25, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00SQP9ASY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #169,288 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Brigid's Way: Reflections on the Celtic Divine Feminine Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The opening poem is a haibun, a combination of prose and haiku developed by the poet Bashō as a way to chronicle his journeys. This book holds many journeys, through part of the year, through lifetimes, through cycles of legend and history. Sometimes these all weave together in one poem: Amergin, written about the poet who claimed Ireland by naming himself in her landscape, links this heroic poetical act to the way a toddler names the world, to how we struggle to remember what we already (might) know, and how we lose language as we approach the end of life.
A strong thread throughout the collection is a celebration of the reemergence of the divine feminine. We see, through the many ways Brigid herself has been reinvented throughout history, the endless ability of the goddess to maintain her strength in quiet ways, bide her time, and wait for the right moment to be born anew.
All in all, the work does not express much of an emotional range, providing a flat affect that does not touch the soul. It falls quite wide of its proposed mark.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Women Authors
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age & Spirituality > Celtic
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Earth-Based Religions > Celtic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult