Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on March 15, 2017
I could see that the packaging & Impressive graphics of the first two movies I've viewed so far: Two weeks in September & Come Dance With Me & with the Glorious Bridget Bardot! are amazing but so what? Obviously, the reviewers I read had not viewed the entire movies because! They would have found only three quarters of the dialogue translated into the English Subtitles! Therefore, dummy me who only speaks rudimentary French could not understand what the actors were saying? Duh? Why was this not in any description of this DVD?? Spoiled at least the first two movies of this collection for me. I'm just not that interested hence the two star rating. I'm probably returning this item. Sorry!
on October 25, 2008
For a long time, I've been fascinated by both classic and contemporary French movies and I got to know Brigitte Bardot by way of Serge Gainbourg, another icon of the French entertainment, who was once a lover of her.

I knew her for the first time not as an actress, but as a singer and her duet with Gainsbourg entitled "Je t'aime, moi non plus(I love you, I don't.)" released in 1967 really turned me excited due to the lyrics and her sexy, adorable voice and I went on to enjoy more of her brilliant songs.

After completely fell in love with Bardot as a singer, I found out she starred in films as well and naturally my desire to verify how wonderful she was by way of images grew and I started to look for her movies on DVD, however I could not find any satisfactory materials available back in my country: Japan. Luckily I came across this DVD collection while browsing Amazon.com in quest of Bardot films.

Overall this DVD set is satisfactory because each film is nearly half a century old but very beautifully remastered and comes with English subtitles(For me this is cardinal as I am a non-native speaker of English and I rely heavily on subtitles as a source to pick up words and phrases to build up my vocabulary.)

In each movie, Bardot plays an adorable,active and sexy woman and she nearly completely lives up to that same image of her I developed through the audio media.

The movies contained date from 1956 to 1969 and Bardot in "Naughty Girl"(1956) is an adorable girl freshly coming of age and while in "The Vixen"(1969) is a matured adult woman looking rather too old to play "a dizzy blonde" but that does not matter enough to one-star minus evaluation.

Before I conclude my review, I must also add that it is not only bardot herself that make each movie contained as attractive but also by how international the French movies in this period were.
What I mean by that is of the 5 movies featured by the box, the 3(Love ON A PILLOW, TWO WEEKS IN SEPTEMBER and THE VIXEN) set in outside France: Italy, Switzerland, London and Spain.

As a frequent traveller, being able to see the atmosphere of different major cities and countries in those days through the excellent movie is a bonus feature the box brings in.

In conclusion, this is a highly recommendable article.
on December 14, 2010
Brigitte Bardot is absolutely super cute and sexy!
I did not like the stories that much, but i enjoyed her fashion, makeup, and hair.
She is not only being pretty but knows how to act attractive and show herself in the sexiest way.
It motivates me to make efforts to be sexier!
If you are a girl, i definitely recommend you to see her movie at least once!
on April 11, 2015
If you love Brigitte Bardot you definitely want this dvd set as part of your collection.
on August 8, 2017
Love it
on April 17, 2015
Great collection of cute funny movies.A must for a Bardot fan.
on January 13, 2015
Excellent selection of BB's early films, at an amazing price. Highly recommended.
on December 12, 2014
Bardot is an icon. I am happy to see these early films in good condition.
on May 26, 2008
since i was a child i admired brigitte bardot,maybe it has to do with my french background,in anyway,i recommend to all bardots fans to take a look at this collection of very fine films,i specially recommend voulez vous danser avec moi,you will really enjoy the plot as well brigite who looks really beautiful
on February 8, 2013
They used subtitles which are cut off, but since I speak a little French, I can follow fairly well. Mais la Bardot est magnifique toujours.