Brillante Manual Coffee Grinder - Superior Burr Design for Consistently Brewing Espresso, Pour Over, French Press & Turkish Coffee - Hand Crank Mill with Adjustable Ceramic Conical Burr (BR-MCG-SS1)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- CAN I ADJUST THE GRIND SIZE AND IS IT CONSISTENT? - Yes, the grinder adjusts quickly and easily to grind for multiple brewing methods such as: espresso, pour over, french press/plunger, percolator or Turkish. You'll be able to get a consistent grind quality that will improve the taste of your coffee.
- HOW FAST DOES IT GRIND? - That depends on the person grinding (of course!) however you can expect to grind about 38 grams of coffee to pour over level fineness in 1 min 20 sec. Stated by approximate volume that is about 6 tablespoons of whole beans ground in 1 min 20 sec (enough to serve 2 people)
- IS IT LOUD? - No, it's really quite tame. You'll find it MUCH quieter than grinding with an electric grinder and it's even better than some of the other popular manual grinders.
- IS IT HARD TO CRANK? - Actually it's pretty easy. The grinder is slim for easy gripping and the crank handle is long enough to give you good leverage for a smooth and easy grind. Some of the difficulty depends on your coffee beans but the grinder does it's part to make things go smoothly.
- WILL I LOVE IT? IS IT BETTER THAN OTHER GRINDERS? - You love your coffee which means...your coffee grinder should make you happy as well. If it doesn’t or you have some problem don’t worry since we back your purchase with great no-quibble, customer service because we're serious about making sure you're pleased. Yes, we've tested other grinders and when comparing ease-of-use paired with excellent grind quality the SS1 is better.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Do you love great coffee and want to grind your specially selected beans to perfection with a grinder that will do an even, consistent grind?
The Brillante BR-MCG-SS1 manual coffee grinder is ready whether your preferred brewing method is pour over, French press, espresso or Turkish. The SS1 is superior in design to other models from well-known brands (yes, we've tested!) because it's size makes it easier to grip while grinding and the stainless steel construction produces less static than all-plastic bodied grinders.
Our hand coffee grinder has a ceramic conical style burr which is easily adjustable using the knob attached to the ceramic burr (on the underside of the hopper). The adjustment has handy “clicks” to help you keep track of your favorite grind setting. You'll get 2x the flavor from your coffee beans compared to using a blade style grinder.
The sturdy, stainless steel body of the grinder gives it a clean, polished look and helps avoid the static build up you'll find in some of the plastic bodied grinders. It is also slim and lightweight so it's a great travel coffee grinder to pack on your adventures.
Have you seen the buzz?
- "Worlds better than using an electric blade style grinder."
- "...it's so quiet - who really wants to hear the mechanical roar of an electric grinder before their first cup of coffee?"
- "...simply fantastic."
- "Stylish look and feel..."
All the details...
- Grinds FAST, SMOOTH and QUIET
- Easy grind adjustment from coarse to very fine (can be used for some spices if you wish)
- Great for: Pour-Over, French Press, Espresso, Turkish etc.
- The hopper has a capacity of approx. 38 grams / 6 Tbsp so you'll be able to grind enough coffee beans for 2 people (i.e. 2 mugs) in about 1 minute 20 seconds (longer for super-fine espresso grounds).
- Dimensions: Diameter of body: 1.89 in / 48mm – Total length: 7.5 in / 190.5mm
- Weight: 8.95 ounces / 254 grams.
The best coffee you've ever made...and a brand that cares about you!
- Thousands of customers have enjoyed Brillante brand products. We make sure you will too!
Compare with similar items
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder, Conical Burr Mill, Brushed Stainless Steel
Premium Quality Stainless Steel Manual Coffee Grinder - Portable Burr Coffee Grinder - Conical Ceramic Burr for Precision Brewing - Silicone Lid to Keep Coffee in Container - Lightweight Grinding
Mueller Ultra-Grind - Strongest and Heaviest Duty Portable Conical Burr Mill, Whole Bean Manual Coffee Grinder for French Press, Turkish, Handheld Mini, K Cup, Brushed Stainless Steel
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill"Mini-Slim"
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill"Skerton"
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Tasman Trading Company||JavaPresse Coffee Company||World of Shanik||Home Moderne||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Manual Coffee Grinder||N/A||N/A|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One day after my previous update, Daniel from the Tasman Trading Company reached out and contacted me and apologized for the failed part. Really, wow, I did not expect that at all. I almost threw the grinder away after it broke. I'm glad I held onto it. Daniel said they got an updated part made of a tougher material. He offered me a refund or a replacement. I really liked the grinder so I asked just for the replacement part. Two days later, via priority shipping, I received the replacement part and a few extras just in case. The new part was very easy to replace and took me less than a minute. I ground some beans and am having a great cup of java as I write this. Thank you Daniel and the Tasman Trading Company for your superior customer service!!!
***Update 4/16/16*** DON'T BUY*** After about 6 months of daily use, a small black plastic piece (see photos) broke in half inside the grinding wheel piece that the metal shaft rod turns. As you crank the handle, the rod puts varying amounts of pressure on the plastic piece to turn the grinding wheel. When that piece breaks, the grinding wheel cannot turn to grind the beans. This is the weakest part of the grinder and poor by design (just the grinding wheel w/ the plastic part). Makes me wonder if all similar style grinders have this same poorly made part. You cannot see this part unless you unscrew the adjustment knob and take the inside apart. Otherwise, this had been a great grinder when it worked.
***Update 2/4/16*** Have used this grinder every day since I bought it. It has held up well and I think it will continue to keep grinding for a long time to come.
***Original Post*** October 2015***4 Star Rating*** Had this grinder for about two weeks now. I bought this grinder with a stainless steel French press coffee maker and together it makes really great coffee. This grinder works for me because I only make one or two drinking cups (12 oz. each cup) of coffee at a time. If you are always making a large pot of coffee, then you are probably better off buying an electric burr grinder...just my opinion. The beans are grounded pretty uniformly and the see-thru window allows you to gauge how much coffee is grounded. The stainless steel body looks nice on the counter top. My only concern with this grinder is the knob on the handle is connected by a rivet-like piece of metal instead of a screw and nut. So far, it's holding up pretty well but only in time will I know. Happy drinking!
11 August 2017: Back to complete the review with the test of time. Just shy of a year and the grinder no longer functions. This makes me quite sad because the grind was so consistent and it performed so much better than my electric grinder in this regard. When I try to grind the internal components seem to be stripped out. One day it was working great, the next it "clogged" with my standard dark beans and nothing. Back to the electric until a replacement arrives.