Brillante Manual Coffee Grinder - Superior Burr Design for Consistently Brewing Espresso, Pour Over, French Press & Turkish Coffee - Hand Crank Mill with Adjustable Ceramic Conical Burr (BR-MCG-SS1)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.44. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CAN I ADJUST THE GRIND SIZE AND IS IT CONSISTENT? - Yes, the grinder adjusts quickly and easily to grind for multiple brewing methods such as: espresso, pour over, french press/plunger, percolator or Turkish. You'll be able to get a consistent grind quality that will improve the taste of your coffee.
- HOW FAST DOES IT GRIND? - That depends on the person grinding (of course!) however you can expect to grind about 38 grams of coffee to pour over level fineness in 1 min 20 sec. Stated by approximate volume that is about 6 tablespoons of whole beans ground in 1 min 20 sec (enough to serve 2 people)
- IS IT LOUD? - No, it's really quite tame. You'll find it MUCH quieter than grinding with an electric grinder and it's even better than some of the other popular manual grinders.
- IS IT HARD TO CRANK? - Actually it's pretty easy. The grinder is slim for easy gripping and the crank handle is long enough to give you good leverage for a smooth and easy grind. Some of the difficulty depends on your coffee beans but the grinder does it's part to make things go smoothly.
- WILL I LOVE IT? IS IT BETTER THAN OTHER GRINDERS? - You love your coffee which means...your coffee grinder should make you happy as well. If it doesn’t or you have some problem don’t worry since we back your purchase with great no-quibble, customer service because we're serious about making sure you're pleased. Yes, we've tested other grinders and when comparing ease-of-use paired with excellent grind quality the SS1 is better.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Tasman Trading Company||AuDieh||BLACKBLUE||Stock Your Home||Amazon.com||Idylc Homes|
Do you love great coffee and want to grind your specially selected beans to perfection with a grinder that will do an even, consistent grind?
The Brillante BR-MCG-SS1 manual coffee grinder is ready whether your preferred brewing method is pour over, French press, espresso or Turkish. The SS1 is superior in design to other well known brand models (yes, we've tested H---o models) because it's size makes it easier to grip while grinding and the stainless steel construction produces less static than all-plastic bodied grinders.
You can even use the SS1 for grinding some types of spices if you like. It's intended for coffee but if you'd like to use it as a spice grinder you'll find it useful for that as well.
The BR-MCG-SS1 model grinder has a ceramic conical style burr which is easily adjustable using the knob attached to the ceramic burr (on the underside of the hopper). The adjustment has handy “clicks” to help you keep track of your favorite grind setting.
The hopper has a capacity of approx. 38 grams / 6 Tbsp so you'll be able to grind enough coffee beans for 2 people (i.e. 2 mugs) in about 1 minute 20 seconds.
The sturdy, stainless steel body of the grinder gives it a clean, polished look and helps avoid the static build up you'll find in some of the plastic bodied grinders. It is also slim and lightweight so it's a great travel coffee grinder to pack on your adventures.
SPECS: Diameter of body: 1.89 in / 48mm – Total length: 7.5 in / 190.5mm
Weight: 8.95 ounces / 254 grams. NOTE: Warranty void if used w/ drills or power tools.
RISK-FREE PURCHASE: No worries, no quibbles, we back our products with great customer service and our 60 day guarantee (days from delivery) that if you're not happy with your Brillante burr coffee grinder we'll make it up to you with an easy full refund.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
11 August 2017: Back to complete the review with the test of time. Just shy of a year and the grinder no longer functions. This makes me quite sad because the grind was so consistent and it performed so much better than my electric grinder in this regard. When I try to grind the internal components seem to be stripped out. One day it was working great, the next it "clogged" with my standard dark beans and nothing. Back to the electric until a replacement arrives.
+Manual; no power-sources
+Very quiet; won't disrupt in early mornings
+Burr grinder; has very consistent grinds
+Easy to clean; use water and soap or clean it dry
+Can adjust grind to fit needs. Very coarse to very fine*
-*There are no indicators of what grind setting you are at; trial and error is needed to find correct grind size.
-A full capacity grind can take 1-2 minutes depending on your speed
-It requires manual work and may tire your arm out.
-Can only make 6 tablespoons of grind per load
Overall tl;dr, the grinder is perfect if you're willing to take some time to learn the settings and give your arm a work out. It's portable and perfect for literally any type of coffee you want to make.
Reasonably consistent grind and can to very fine grind for turkish/arabic coffee which was my main reason for purchasing. After about 1 month of daily (or twice daily) use seems sturdy and well built.
Holds 2-3 cups worth of beans. Turning is easy and grind time reasonable, longer for finer grinds obviously. Slower than electric but the advantage is it's whisper quiet and won't over heat your beans (unless you can turn a crank at thousands of rpm). I thought the relative slowness and manual nature would restrict it's use to special times, but I find myself using it for my 1st of the morning pour over. By the time the water is heated the coffee is ground with enough to share and the quite crank is so much nicer than the buzz and whirr of a cheap electric (with better results too)
On complaint is the knob to set the grind isn't indexed in any way so if you do change grinds it takes a bit of guess and check. Though if you bought one for each grind you use it's still significantly cheaper than an equivalently capable electric machine.
EDIT: Need to change my review from 5 to 1. Like so many others posting complaints, the plastic drive wheel disk on the inside broke today. I purchased it on Oct. 30 and here it is broken not even 3 months later, using it once a day. I will pursue Amazon for a refund since reaching the mfg. is apparently not possible. If only they used a metal disk for 3 cents more production cost...it had potential.