Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Bring Him Home
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 8, 2011
I guess I was one of the lucky ones who immediately went to Amazon.com to look and see if this new guy, Alfie Boe had any other songs out. He was simply amazing as Jean Valjean on the 25th anniversary recording of 'Les Miz'. I wanted to hear more from that great voice and this CD does not disappoint. I love every song and recommend the purchase to anyone else who enjoyed hearing him that first time. A lovely discovery.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 5, 2012
When I saw Alfie Boe's performance in a specially produced PBS presentation of Les Miserable from the famous concert hall in London, I had to find more of his music.This thoughtfully chosen and artistically created collection may be more appealing to those who know musical theater and the stories behind the songs. Boe's gift for musical interpretation and dynamic theatricality makes us long to know the who, what, why, when, and how about the story behind the song. Boe's voice is strong, clear, and powerful. His art as a storyteller takes the listener to other times and places and through a variety of emotions. One listen to this collection is not enough. Bring Him Home demands the listener's full attention. It asks us to listen with eyes that see, ears that hear, and an honest and open heart.
on April 21, 2011
Like so many others, I also became an Alfie Boe fan after seeing the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miz on my local PBS station. I was happy to find, after searching Amazon.com, that there was more Alfie Boe music out there and I purchased the "Bring Him Home" CD right away. I've since purchased others.

This CD is exceptional; each song alone is well worth the price of the CD. Not only is Alfie Boe's voice a miracle but he has the talent and ability to interpret each song in exactly the right way - making you believe that he feels each song as he sings it and making the listener also feel each song as they hear it - which is of course where the pleasure lies. While his rendition of "Bring Him Home" is overwhelming and no one else should ever sing this song again since it's not possible to do it justice after it's been sung by Alfie Boe, his rendition of "Come What May" is a close second in my book. As sung in duet by Alfie and Kerry Ellis it makes me think it would be the perfect song to be sung at every wedding from now until forever! I also like the mix of songs; hearing "Pure Imagination" from Willie Wonka was a surprise - it's a song you don't hear very often. In fact a lot of the songs are not usual selections, which is what makes the CD such fun to listen to again and again. When was the last time anyone heard "As If We Never Said Goodbye" from "Sunset Boulevard" and "Tell Me It's Not True" is a beautiful song I had never heard before. Also hearing some old favorites like "Some Enchanted Evening" and "On the Street Where You Live" brought back fond memories of shows enjoyed a long time ago.

It's my opinion that Alfie Boe does them all justice. I find his voice comforting and soothing and this CD not the usual fare for classical tenors. He really makes a great transition from the classical to the modern theatre. He's very versatile.

I have only one minor criticism and it's not even of the music or of Alfie Boe, but it would have been nice if a list of the theatre productions, movies or plays from which the songs on the CD were chosen was included somewhere on the CD. While I knew some of them, it would have been nice to know each one and where it came from without having to check the internet
on January 5, 2015
I enjoy Alife Boe's voice very much and this is a great CD. I first came across him as Valjean in Les Miserables Anniversary Concert, and was pleased to find this CD. His accidental discovery by chance while working with cars was amazing- he has brought so much to the musical theatre and concert world. I play this CD in the car all the time. Bring Him Home is his best song in my opinion, although all the songs on the disk are wonderful.
on March 23, 2011
I would give the Les Miz 25th Anniversary dvd 5 stars but after hearing the Bring Him Home cd I would also say that the dvd does not do justice to ALfie Boe's voice or singing ability. Basically, if you like Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean you will really enjoy his singing here. For those of you who did not see the PBS broadcast or view the dvd, if you enjoy songs from broadway shows you will really enjoy hearing this man sing on this cd. Alfie Boe was clasiically trained which comes through here. He also really puts emotion into the songs that he records.

This is the first reveiw I have wriiten on Amazon and I have been buying from this site for years which is an indication of how stronly I felt about this cd.

Hope you enjoy it as well.
on May 3, 2012
Alfie Boe has a beautiful, heart-felt tenor voice with none of the biting edge so often present on Broadway. It touches the the heart with emotion but does not pierce and wound. You are left soaring and wanting more.--And that's just as it should be.

Mr. Boe's voice is more operatic than the harsher trending Broadway voices, so if you're not tolerant with use of vibrato, this album is probably not for you. Even so, His rendition of "Bring Him Home" is worth the whole album. I only find it done better on the live album at the O2, because the live and expansive audience makes all the difference in performance.

Alfie Boe certainly is the triple-threat with a voice to melt for, acting that takes you to every peak and valley, and (I'm substituting the third here) a bearing and oh, all right, he's gorgeous!

Buy the album already!
on January 14, 2018
Exactly ad described. Well packaged for safe delivery. Thanks!!!
on April 25, 2017
Loved this CD. I'm a huge Alfie Boe fan, he has a beautiful voice and the songs are just wonderful, especially "Bring Him Home".
on February 18, 2013
I discovered Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean in the 25th Anniversary of Les Miserables at the O2 Theatre in London which was on PBS. Since then I've ordered several of his albums and continue to be impressed with his intelligent interpretation of songs from the American and British Musical Theatre. His voice is beautiful but he brings passion and drama to each selection. He breathes new life into the older song, such as "On the Street Where You Live" (My Fair Lady) and "Some Enchanted Evening" (South Pacific). His rendition of "If I Loved You" (Carousel) is simply beautiful. Anyone who enjoys fine singing with intelligent interpretation of lyrics and character will enjoy this album. Thanks again, Alfie, for another grand musical experience!
on July 28, 2017
Amazing CD....A joy to listen to..especially his version of Bring HimHome.