Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Bringing It Back Home
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 21, 2013
...and if you're not, just buy it and you'll probably become one. A slight departure overall from the most recent efforts, which were a little heavier and diverse. This one finds a groove and sticks with it for the most part. More of a theme album. Even the guitar tone and playing is meant to be simpler and more consistent throughout, which works just fine in this atmosphere. I've heard that Robben stuck to the same basic setup/settings (mainly a vintage Epi Sheraton set to the neck mini-humbucker only). Nice selection of vintage tunes, mostly just off the beaten blues/rock path, but all contributing a to a warm, inviting "take your shoes off and turn down the lights feeling". Music for adults and those who are perhaps old at heart in all the right ways. Give it a try, artists like Robben are rare today and need our support.
on February 24, 2014
Let me preface by saying that 1. I'm a fan of Robben, have been for many years. 2. I'm a musician, also a guitar player. I've been a professional for most of my life, although it's not my only source of income anymore. None of this really matters to anyone, but it sets a frame work. I know many that pursue Robben Ford "politician" tone to the extreme that will be disappointed with this album, They are missing the point of what musical exploration should. Change and experimentation are essential in the creative process. Some people embrace change, some don't. Yes Robben Ford has a signature Dumble tone that MANY people strive for and this album is a total departure from the type of music where that tone makes sense. I like to embrace growth, experimentation and doing different things. I think this is a wonderful album, it's a more mellow perhaps, more mature album and a departure from the normal Robben Ford album. (at least those I've heard). I think it's a great thing. Thanks Robben, I'm digging this album much.
on April 9, 2013
If your lookin for smokin" & "rockin" progressive blues/jazz, this is not for you. Though the muscianship is superb and the retro 'back home' of Robbens' early jazz roots is quite interesting, this is just not for me.
on May 11, 2017
Great guitarist really like this cd ...
on December 30, 2013
I love Robben Ford. I just find his music to be really relaxing and comfortable. He's got a very unique sound and his music is very identifiable. You never have to ask if it's Robben. You just know it is. Accept no imitations. He's the real deal. If you want music that will let you kick your shoes off, and settle down so all that stress just drips off you, pick up this CD.
on January 7, 2014
Robben Ford has been my go to listening since discovering a couple years ago. His choice of songs is impeccable and always matches his playing and singing style. I hold his guitar playing up very high - as individual and sweet as anything out there.
The songs on this particular album are funky and groovy; the whole family enjoys it!
on March 2, 2013
From giving guitar lessons by pushing the curve forward as a pioneer in electric blues, which is he is known for and justly acknowledged, and sings and plays some songs, artfully.

The less than favorable comments remind me of my own reaction to another guitarist's decision to recenter his focus on the songs versus the solos.

EC's 461 Ocean Boulevard was released after a very long series of groundbreaking recordings with and by: Mayall; Cream; Blind Faith; Eric Clapton (1st solo record); Derek and the Dominos...All loaded with burning electric guitar. Ocean Boulevard was full of softer, laid back songs and short, melodic solo breaks that supported the tunes. I wanted my hard earned after school job at the ice cream parlor money back when I first played that album. I now have the extended re release with live concert CD of that same "too mellow" band and enjoy the music immensely.

Robben is a very musical guy, who loves songs and has recently devoted more effort/focus to writing and singing. I like this performance very much and look forward to Robben's continued work.

Some pretty burning guitar on Robben's recent rock band release with Renegade Creation and imagine that his live, acoustic release with Larry Carlton will be guitar jam centric. He can do both.
on March 31, 2013
Robben is one great guitar player and sometimes when you listen to him it takes you just stop breathing because you want to hear every note. This is a softer version with a smooth instrumental "On that Morning" is a perfect example of how good of a guitar player Robben is. I really liked about 1/2 of the CD and the rest was good but I was hoping for more guitar.
on May 1, 2016
Not fond of the Robben with this material and instrumentation. Can't wrap my head around the trombone,
on March 26, 2013
Robben's playing is good. He keeps his tone so simple and never plays more than he has to. I loved the trombone and the B-3.
He's truly a genius.