Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 19, 2010
For all of those nagging little problems and attitudes that surface with your kids, this book helps you to see things in a new light. You're invited to see how those same qualities that can be frustrating to you, can be channeled into positive directions and encourages you to see the strengths in every child's personality and how to direct those strengths into positive attributes and actions. I wish I had had this book to read when my son was younger. So many useless battles that could have been averted and so many lost attempts to praise. As he is now a new teenager, I am still able to find plenty of good advice, but most of the examples and stories are geared toward younger children. It's never too late though and I have seen several big changes as I have enlarged my vision through reading this book.
on July 9, 2012
My children are 6 and 4. I'm not sure if it's because of their ages that this book didn't appeal to be seeing how I loved Cynthia's book, You Can't Make Me But I Can Be Persuaded about strong willed children. Will keep it on my bookshelf for a few years to see if later down the road it's useful.
on September 12, 2013
This book will keep you laughing. Short Chapters so it would even make a good bathroom book and wonderful insight about children and their parents - a must read for all parents. Loved it!
on January 1, 2013
This is a fabulous book that really gets us to look at and consider the way we interact and communicate with our children. It's one that you should keep on the bookshelf and review often.
on February 5, 2013
I have a grandson that is ADHD and has ODD and bought these for the parents. Helps to better understand and handle situations
on December 14, 2010
The information was very helpful to me in my life, my family, and was a nice resource for class papers.

I enjoy this author's style, and writings.
on December 15, 2015
ok
on November 5, 1997
Cynthia Tobias and Carol Funk have written a great book to help parents affirm and encourage their kids. Even when what the kids do seems very negative, underneath is a strength, a quality that can be nurtured.
Stubbornness channeled in the right direction becomes steadfastness. A loud mouth might signal someone who is not afraid to speak up for what he believes. Doing things "my way" could indicate a spirit of independence and adventure.

Parents can learn to take the worst traits of their children and turn them into positive strengths and Tobias and Funk will show you how.

At the end of each of the 80 sections there is help to recognize the strength, and ways to bring the child to accountability for his actions.
0Comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2009
Bringing Out the Best in Your Child is nicely put together in an easy to refer to format. A great reference book that brings optimism to most parental challenges.