Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on February 19, 2010
For all of those nagging little problems and attitudes that surface with your kids, this book helps you to see things in a new light. You're invited to see how those same qualities that can be frustrating to you, can be channeled into positive directions and encourages you to see the strengths in every child's personality and how to direct those strengths into positive attributes and actions. I wish I had had this book to read when my son was younger. So many useless battles that could have been averted and so many lost attempts to praise. As he is now a new teenager, I am still able to find plenty of good advice, but most of the examples and stories are geared toward younger children. It's never too late though and I have seen several big changes as I have enlarged my vision through reading this book.
on July 9, 2012
My children are 6 and 4. I'm not sure if it's because of their ages that this book didn't appeal to be seeing how I loved Cynthia's book, You Can't Make Me But I Can Be Persuaded about strong willed children. Will keep it on my bookshelf for a few years to see if later down the road it's useful.
on September 12, 2013
This book will keep you laughing. Short Chapters so it would even make a good bathroom book and wonderful insight about children and their parents - a must read for all parents. Loved it!
on January 1, 2013
This is a fabulous book that really gets us to look at and consider the way we interact and communicate with our children. It's one that you should keep on the bookshelf and review often.
on February 5, 2013
I have a grandson that is ADHD and has ODD and bought these for the parents. Helps to better understand and handle situations
on December 14, 2010
The information was very helpful to me in my life, my family, and was a nice resource for class papers.

I enjoy this author's style, and writings.
on December 15, 2015