Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brinkmann 800-1518-0 Q-Beam Large Green Fishing Light
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on March 18, 2013
I fish primarily at night, 9 months out of the year. I have 3 of these, 2 for fishing and one hard-wired to my boat on my T-top over my console with a toggle switch so I can turn it on like a porch light to illuminate the inside of the boat without drawing bugs. You have to add at least 3-4 #4 pyramid sinkers to submerge the light, about $10 worth. I only sink mine about 80% and put a small foil pie pan at the top to keep the glare down. I sealed the ends with RTV silicone just in case. I replaced the clips with lighter plugs and taped the clips to the wire below the voltage regulator so I could use them to attach the light to something solid in the boat without putting weight on any connections. It draws bait fish by the billions, and larger fish soon follow. I've tried every light ever made, these are by far the most efficient, safe, and dependable. Lanterns and car headlights in foam are dangerous.
on September 29, 2011
I bought this light for my husband for his Birthday. He loves to fish at night & this light works "GREAT". He said it was amazing how quickly the fish to came to the light. Be sure to buy a weight to sink this light to the depth you want.
on August 20, 2008
Did not perform very well. The intensity of the bulb is just too low. Also, not really related to the product, I found it a few weeks later at a local retailer for about 20 bucks.
on June 6, 2013
The first time was working good. The light kept on dying on me as soon as submerge into the water. It will work for a few minutes every time I reconnected to the battery. I ended up spending more time fixing this thing then fishing. This thing is a piece of junk. Not recommended for any fishermen.
on August 24, 2012
This light is super cheap. Got in the water with my boat and when I turned it on it work for 15 minutes only and died. It is not wort-ed even $1.
I bought a professional after this made in USA and I'm very happy with it.
I paid for it $94.00 but It pays off. It is not worth-ed to get into the ocean spend $250 in gas and the light to die on you.
on November 1, 2012
The first time I received it, was broken, very disapointing since I wanted to get to use it right away, before the rain come to seattle. the fact it was broken tells me to handle it with care. (outdoors crowd likes heavy duty equip). It was replaced, no problem. Then to use it from a pier is short, since you have to wait for high tide to use it or it will not reach enough to sink all the way. Not a problem if you are using it from a boat. Easy fix, but you have to tamper witht the cables and extend it. After I use it the first time the second time would not light up all the way, it was really dim, I tought that was it, once use and trash it. But after trying to inverse polarity to conect to the battery (red to black and black to red), and then back to normal, it did the trick. Don't ask me why. it just worked. So now I do it everytime it doesn't want to light up all the way.
It's not a magic item that will make you a better fisherman, it doesn't attract fish from miles away. but it will help you improve the nearby traffic of squids and fish
on January 12, 2013
Works as advertised. I have hung it off my dock several times. For a while I left it submerged running on a timer with my 12 volt dock lights but sea life started growing on it so I pulled it out of the water. CONs they are not very bright.
on November 19, 2012
Got 3 of these and the 1st one just flickered. The second and third failed in a similar way before the night was over.
on February 22, 2013
Very Bright but not very efficent. Starts to get dim after about 4 hours on a 12 volt 9amh battery.
on January 8, 2012
basically it does not work...we connected to the battery and it just flickered off on on. there must be something wrong with the connectors .it's like too week to hang on to the batteries . so the power doesn't go through and it will not stay lit.