Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on June 18, 2014
I bought these locks in a hurry before an international trip, no problem but it's a little stiff when maneuvering the key inside the lock. It's a click-lock (it doesn't need a key to lock it) and is TSA approved. These are not the kind of locks that other random lock keys would open it- you need this specific brand of key.

I have never used locks in the past on any of my travels and was a bit circumspect to do it for this trip but thought it would be useful as I had a layover and was concerned that my luggage would land before I did. The reason for my uncertainty was that I have often heard that locked luggage gets more attention than unlocked baggage. This was true to an extent- I know that my luggage was searched by the TSA as they left a note stating that things might be mixed up inside (not in these words) and though nothing was taken or harmed, and I wasn't particularly bothered that my luggage was inspected, in the past my luggage, no matter how large has never been searched before! So I'm guessing that locking it did make it suitable for an inspection! I don't ever carry objectionable things and this was no different, so the rumor holds true- lock it and you attract more attention to your stuff! Finally, it's a decent pair of locks and they seem strong enough for massive suitcases that travel through 2-3 flights at a time!
on March 1, 2016
These locks worked well but in the future I would recommend the code locks instead. Nothing wrong with a key except you have to keep up with it and pull it out every time you need to get into your luggage. These locks have held up well but if you are reading this just wanted to give my insight as something to consider when purchasing.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 9, 2017
Of the two pack, one wouldn't work with the keys so amazon sent a replacement set. A good thing, because now the second lock just fell apart -- the wire (whatever it's called) separated from the body of the lock and the spring fell out, so that one's no good either. Grateful to have another set of locks "in case," but never, ever buying this again!
on March 12, 2018
They work fairly well. I have had some trouble with lining up the key and they are rather small
on January 24, 2018
Product as described! Came in a timely fashion.
on March 25, 2018
These really hold up even with daily use. I would recommend this to everyone.
on February 17, 2016
I saved some $ over the 4-pack and purchased two sets of two locks. Surprisingly, all 4 locks were keyed to the same key. They're just the ticket for the purpose I purchased them for.
on September 3, 2016
Excellent TSA approved locks. Used it with baggage going to Japan. No problem whatsoever. I have not tried to pick it, but it holds.
on August 30, 2016
Spend the money to get better ones. These are ok if you fly once a year, but even then they would only be good for maybe 2-3 years.

They are too small for a pelican case.
on June 25, 2015
These locks were no good. The second time I went to use one of the two locks, the lock would not lock closed. So, it's completely useless and I now don't think I trust the second lock to work either... So, I only locked one of my bags on my return trip. Haven't used the second lock again, but plan on replacing it with something else for the next trip.