Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Train Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 8, 2017
These were primarily good for making sure zippers on duffel bags and luggage didn't fail and spill contents. Check YouTube: there are so many ways for determined thieves to pilfer things, and not even be detected (ball point pen used to separate zippers, then putting zipper right again---just one method). I sort of doubt people are often bold enough to swipe things from bags stowed in the the upper luggage racks on the plane, but...if so, this would at least slow 'em down momentarily.
on October 29, 2017
I purchase these during my recent trip in September 2017 for my luggage. I had trouble from right out of the package, as some of the keys did not open all the locks despite having 4 of them. The locks are suppose to be TSA approved, But I see they had to cut two of them off as most likely their keys did not fit either. When they randomly checked my luggage.
on May 12, 2017
Solid locks. I don't travel too much but on few trips I made overseas they came in handy. The locks are strong enough to make it tough to break with bare hands but also thin to cut with metal cutters if needed. I lost the key to the lock once right when I arrived to my destination so having a lock that's not a pain to cut and not too expensive to throw away way a good thing.
on May 25, 2014
Since we've returned from our trip without a problem, I think these locks are a good product at a great price. Interestingly enough, on our return trip, we were pulled from the major search(shoes off, etc.) and sent through without having to do this which was nice. Later I saw on our return boarding pass that we were TSA approved. I'm not sure if the locks contributed but I didn't have to pay for the "formal" TSA faster boarding which I don't need. Thanks, again, Amazon.
on May 30, 2014
As long as TSA likes them, they are really good locks. They have a solid body, quite heavy duty. The hook mechanism works well when locking and unlocking. The keys are more like real keys, not a flat, punched key like many cheaper locks. Not these are that expensive. They were less than $3 each in this 4-pack. They have the TSA emblem on both sides so you're less likely to be cut open by overzealous TSA agents looking for cookies.

I would definitely recommend these locks based on my limited usage. I'll let you know more after we use them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 25, 2017
I bought four packs of these, three of the sets are great, the other one came with one lock that had no matching key. None of the keys fit this one lock, even for the other sets.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to send the set back prior to flying.
Top Contributor: Petson November 9, 2016
Great deal on these locks. Ultimately we decided not to use them because TSA can cut your lock off anytime they want so locking didn't make sense for us. I could see using these for carryon luggage that wouldn't be in your control 100% of the time, but you'll have to unlock so your bag can be searched.
on November 7, 2017
Great little lock to use on luggage, all the locks are keyed the same so each pair of keys opens each separate lock. The quality of these locks are great and its a good was to keep honest people honest.
on March 21, 2017
Locks do not all open with the same key, even though it specifically says they should. I ordered 2 packs, 8 total. One of the packs I was able to open all of the locks. From the second pack, I was able to open 3 of the 4, with the 3rd taking me a long time to finally get it open. The 4th lock REFUSES to open. I haven't tried lubricating it yet, but I don't really think I should have to.
on May 17, 2017
They are probably good and do what promised, but I had hard time trying to open them with the key. :) I guess the position of the key has to be very presized otherwise it does not fit the lock.