Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on December 15, 2013
Its too flimsy for a true outside application. I attached this to a tree and you can see that the weight of the Brino camera and enclosure is a bit more than the unit can handle. The elasticity of the hooked arm is too much and I could see that the wind was causing the camera to wobble. I hope the shutter time is fast enough to compensate for this, but these should have been metal rather than plastic and for the price, it would have been expected.

For a long term construction project, these should be made of metal and they should be sturdy.
on July 31, 2014
This is a joke right? This is useless because of how flimsy it is. The other reviews giving 3 stars... what for? You would think that since Brinno put their name on this, it would fit the application they are marketing it for. The reviews stating that the weight of the camera cause it to bob and bounce in the wind, or when walking in the same building as the wall to which it might be attached, or if you look at it while holding your breath... are completely accurate. For $25, I guess the joke is on me. Don't let it be you.
on September 22, 2015
I wish I had paid attention to the reviews on here, but I was in a hurry.
Don't buy this product.

First, I can't believe they charge $22 (at the time of this review) for this piece of cheap plastic that shouldn't cost the customer more than $5.

Second, this thing is so poorly made, it was broken within 2 days of using it.

I mounted it on my wall inside the house using the adhesive surface provided on the mount itself. I cleaned the wall, and made sure it was dry. Within 24 hours, you can see in the video that it starts to sag.... within 48 hours the camera had fallen of the wall, and the mount broke in two. Luckily the camera was OK.
on December 29, 2013
Good idea but made from plastic :-( Love that I could mount to wood or other object but very unstable. I have a 1 lb time-lapse camera that it cannot handle without shake. The screw mount requires you to rotate the camera to attach...it's just a very poor design.
on April 8, 2017
I think other reviewers have addressed the fact that it is flimsy - yes it is. But it is also poorly designed! In order to screw in the mounting plate, you need to put in 3 screws - put the one on top cannot be accessed straight on because the arm is in the way. I broke two of these screwing it in. Arms is weak, design stinks, but y ou can't really mount without it so now I've spent $30+ on the same product and still missed the first week of a project. 0 stars.
on September 18, 2013
OK, but not quite what I wanted. It's flexible plastic, so the camera bounces if someone walks past the wall.
I now have it screwed to a board zip-tied to a tree outside, and wind wobbles the camera.
I'm using it for a time-lapse of a construction project, so it's OK, but I suspect when I change the batteries, the mount will shift and I'll end up with a jump in my timelapse.
The ball and socket joint is nice and tight though.
on July 4, 2017
Cheaply made but better than the camera it was designed to support.
on August 26, 2013
The arm on this mount is not strong enough to hold the weight, so the camera kind of bounces around if there's even a slight breeze.
on December 18, 2013
It's great but since it is so close to the wall, you'll need a mirror to actually know what you're shooting. Other than that, if you secure everything really tight, it'll keep your Brinno in place for as long as you leave it there.
on October 28, 2015
Good design, but thin plastic. Hasn't broken yet, but expect it to soon.