Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 842 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,550 reviews
on September 7, 2016
Perfect story about Elves, Goblins, Dwarves, dragons, and men fighting to keep the world safe. I wish this series would be made into a movie on the scale of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. It has wonderful dragons, rich scenes with Elves, a great moral, and well developed characters. A must read for every age, especially teenagers, but for anyone who enjoyed The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia.
on October 14, 2014
I remember waking up Christmas morning, 2008, running downstairs and seeing this book lying on the arm of our couch. Man was I ecstatic!! As soon as we were finished opening presents, I immediately ran up to my room and began reading it. This was a really good story. It, like Eldest, took me a little while to read, but not as much time. Like Eragon, I read it every chance I got. Granted, it was long, but I loved it all the same. Christopher Paolini is a very talented author! I like his writing style. I still remember when this series was all the rage when I was younger. It is a great book for fantasy lovers.
on October 22, 2011
I had this pre-ordered and got on release date shipping. However, it has just been in my possession since that time. I have been extremely busy :( I did start reading it when I first got it... read like the first 200 pages. However, then everything got packed on me, so I could never find time to finish it until just yesterday... I have been working on it for the past week :( normally I'd have it read by now... Anyways, this is one of the best books in the series. I couldn't put it down after I started and had to make myself quit reading in order to get some sleep for work. The only thing I didn't like is how it ended up being in 2 separate books to finish... Brisingr was suppose to be the very last book, but since he didn't want to make it too long, so that he could keep readers and they wouldn't be disheartened by the length, he decided to make 2 books. He talks about it in the very beginning of the book. That is why their is some missing information in this book anyways... I know some people skip the first pages and go straight to the 1st chapter hint*I used to do that... but I saw it was somewhat lengthy like a prologue, so I read it... Anyways, this is my favorite book in the series... I didn't like or couldn't stick with Eldest, and Eragon was ok, but this one was the best :)
on August 27, 2016
I loved this book as much as I loved the other three books. This one is interesting though because it has to do more with some of the politics of everything going on. I noticed though that there isn't as much fighting in this one, but that doesn't mean the book doesn't have epic fight scenes. This book reveals a bunch of things that you were wondering about as well. In all, this book is a must read in the series.
on May 5, 2017
I'm still reading this book but I love it so much better now that I have read the whole series so far up to this point. You must read these books if you saw the Movie Eragon. And you loved it you won't regret buying this series of books. The level of interaction between humans, elves, dwarves and dragons is awesome.
on July 13, 2017
Not the best inheritence cycle book so far; though i have yet to read inheritence, the final book. This book was worthy of the time invested though slow at times. An approachable apprehendable book that i would suggest in the context of the greater series.
on March 7, 2017
This helped me complete my collection this one was stolen from me by a family member so thanks
on December 6, 2016
Loved the book, it's a 5 star, the only reason I can't give it the 5 stars is because book 1, 2, and 4 have an audible version and book 3 doesn't. Once it also has an audible version I'll change the 4 star to 5. Overall, it's a great read.
on December 6, 2008
This book is well written and inventive. Taking MULTIPLE cues from tales like The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, it is clearly a recipe that has been proven as successful in the past. Filled with action as well as character building, the book is certainly worth a read. However, there are times where it seems slow moving due to the immense amount of detail poured into it. There are sections where this detail becomes overwhelming and the book bogs down. However, as I said before the book is great and if you remotely enjoyed the first two, it is worth the money to add this to your collection as well.
on November 2, 2011
I've enjoyed the inheritance trilogy, um I mean cycle, thus far, but Brisngr is the weakest in the series. Brisngr mostly suffers from the mistakes of Eragon in the first two books in that we must now have Eragon follow up on every oath he made - which was 7.

Pros:
We learn much more of the overarching story, and we learn more about many of the factions at play in Algaesia. There is a lot of grey added to the story, and everyone from the Varden to Urgals are cast in a different light. Eragon himself starts to question his "right" to attack Galbatorix, and has to come up with his own moral for the devastation that he is sure to bring to innocents.

Cons:
The story was forced by the earlier mistakes of Eragon, and suffered a bit from "let's move things along" that can so often plague a series.
Is Eragon always going to get his way? Some of the changes in Eragon's favor (i.e. the sword) seriously compromise other characters' standards; which I disliked.
It's quite violent for the reading level, which is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I don't mind violence in a book (I really enjoyed the dragon tatoo series) but I do mind when a series is geared towards young readers and then sprinkles in vividly described violence. The story line is for older teenagers, but the writing level is at a pre-teen level. Either up the reading level or gloss over the violence please.
I think the biggest flaw of the book is Eragon's age. He's just too young for this story, and his lack of maturity seriously dampens the story's potential. I know he was "thrown-in" to this mess, but I honestly think that warring factions would have taken the smarter road of hiding Eragon until he grew up (faking his death comes to mind) instead of risking everything they have been fighting for on the off chance that a 16 year old farm boy is ready to fight the evil king.

Summary:
An interesting read with great potential, but the main character is too flawed for the series to be truly great.