Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 345 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 480 reviews
on August 18, 2017
The filter and the plastic adaptors that came with the filter did not fit the male connector on my faucet. Per instructions, I phoned Brita customer service and they sent me three metal adaptors, at no cost to me. None were an exact fit, but, I was successful in making a water proof connection to one adaptor by using epoxy resin with hardener, slightly thickened with colloidal silica. I am not deducting any stars for this because Brita can't be blamed for the lack of standardization within the faucet industry. I only mention this because you should be aware of that lack of standardization.

I am deducting two stars because the flow from the unfiltered outlet is too restricted for washing dishes, and, there is no threading on the unfiltered outlet for connecting to other things such as an aerator. That means that I have to remove the filter to wash dishes. The most practical procedure is to only occasionally connect the filter and store the filtered water in large bottles for later use.

A common mistake of organizations working on a project is that they get the easy tasks wrong while getting the difficult tasks right. In this case, the easy tasks were making an unfiltered channel with unrestricted flow and a threaded outlet. I suspect that the propensity for getting easy tasks wrong is fostered by managers surrounding themselves with "yes men" who are afraid to embarrass the managers by pointing out obvious errors.

Incidentally, I was motivated to buy a tap water filter by the $0.01/oz. tax on artificially sweetened beverages by Cook County, Illinois . As a type 2 diabetic, my life sort of depends on drinking lead free, artificially sweetened beverages because I hate the flavor of pure water. Strange how some private industries benefit from government actions at he expense of tax payers. What a coincidence! It is almost as though there was collusion between government and private industry. Too bad, there isn't a similar beverage tax in Flint Michigan, huh?
on September 5, 2017
The knob to turn from straight tap water to filtered water is very hard to turn. Also when using straight tap water, it comes out in a slow stream. When it comes time to change the filter, I'm going to get rid of this.

Update: After posting this, I got a message from the folks a Brita to contact them and they gave me a reference number. When I made contact and gave the number, the customer service representative asked me what address would they like me to send the new water filter to. No questions on what was wrong or anything, they just wanted to make it right. Received the new filter today and the knob works great and it has good straight water flow. Anything can go wrong but it's how people respond is what makes the difference. Upgrading this to a 5 - Star.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2016
I received this on time and packaged very securely. I was able to install this by myself and with no tools required. I was hesitant because so many people complain of leaks but I do not have any leaks at all.
on November 29, 2015
I just installed it today so need to wait bit longer to see how long will last! But so far is working good, easy install and no leakage!
review image review image
on November 22, 2015
So far this has performed better than the brand (begins with a P!) I had used for years which didn't seem to last very long before spring leaks.

Everyone should have a filter at the end of the tap. You never know what contaminants could be in the system, having a faucet filter is inexpensive and makes sense.
on April 26, 2016
Worked great on my Faucet. I needed to pick up a new faucet only because the twist handle to turn on the filteration had broke and when I went into the stores to purchase they were to exspensive. I looked on Amazon and it was cheaper and it was the same exact one in the store. I will be reordering in the future from amazon when I need refills or a new faucet for the filter system like I needed just now.
on April 15, 2017
This product is great for kitchen sinks, and has a water purifier inside. One thing to make sure of is to never use hot water when you are filtering the water, because it could break the machine. If cold water is running, that won't do any damage to the product. Though when the product comes, the switch between the filtering and the tap water functions perfectly, it can break off as it starts to harden. Overall, this product deserves a 4 star.
on December 4, 2015
Got this as a result of the undrinkable stinky yellow city water Abilene, TX provided us this past summer (2015). Removed color and odor well. Sister in central IN has used one for decades to remove sulphur taste and smell from her rural farm well water.

Fragile connection to faucet broke after a few months use and cannot be repaired. Unit is trash.
on June 26, 2017
With having well water, the water just isn't good. I purchased this item just to see if my drinking water would improve. YES, it did. I use this especially for my ice and now I don't have particles or rust in my drinks. I can even tell the difference in my coffee. I haven't had to change the filter yet. My first time with this product and it's wonderful. My daughter doesn't drink any tap water of any kind, always bottled water. I convinced her to try it, and now she fills up a gallon picture and keeps it in the fridge. No residue in container after sitting for a couple of days. Not only saving $ on bottled water, but no more plastic bottles!!!!
on October 13, 2015
This is not the 1st faucet water filter system I have used. Several years ago I used another brand & had no issues with that one but this one is not a good product. It’s not well made. It has cut my water pressure down to a 1/4 of what it should be & it drips & leaks & the side with the filter splashes all over. I would like to send it back if I am still in the grace period but it took a while for it to misbehave. I wouldn’t recommend it.