Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Brita Large 18 Cup UltraMax Water Dispenser and Fi..." and save 29% off the $34.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Brita Large 18 Cup UltraMax Water Dispenser and Filter - BPA Free - Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SPACE EFFICIENT: The UltraMax Water Dispenser tank holds 18 cups or 1.13 gallons of water and fits neatly on countertops and refrigerator shelves.
- CLEANER AND GREAT TASTING: The BPA-Free Brita filter reduces chlorine taste and odor, copper, mercury, and cadmium impurities found in tap water. *Substances reduced may not be in all users’ water.
- FILTER CHANGE REMINDER: A helpful sticker indicator lets you keep track of when you last changed your water filter and when it’s time to replace it again.
- INSTANT FILL: This large, 18 cup filtered water dispenser has a spigot that makes pouring easy along with the flip top lid, refilling is a breeze.
- REDUCE WASTE: One Brita water filter can replace 300 standard 16.9 ounce water bottles- replace Brita filters every 40 gallons or every 2 months.
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
All About the Brita UltraMax
Large 18-Cup Capacity.
Keep the water flowing in big households, at the office or on the sports field with this extra large water dispenser.
Large 18-Cup Capacity
Neatly Fits in Fridge
Easy Pour Spigot
Flip-Top Lid for Easy Refillin
*Compared to tap water. Substances reduced may not be in all users’ water.
Brita water filters reduce impurities including:
Our Most Advanced Filter Ever
With the Advanced technology in our Brita filters, it’s easier than ever to enjoy better tasting* water that’s better for you. Brita pitcher filters cut the taste and odor of chlorine while reducing copper, cadmium and mercury impurities that can adversely affect your health over time. The pitcher filters are simple to use and have many features you’ll love.
- Easy installation
- No pre-soak and no black flecks
- 40 gallon filter life
- 1 filter = 300 16 ounce plastic bottles
Better Water* Makes a Difference
In the Kitchen.
Whether you’re filling ice cube trays, cooking pasta, or brewing a pot of coffee, filtered water makes it better.
In the Kitchen
Around Your home
For Your Loved Ones
Explore All Brita Products
Find a Brita pitcher that fits your kitchen with a variety of colors, sizes and shapes to choose from.
Faucet Mount Systems
Pour cleaner water straight from the tap with one-click installation at a wallet-friendly price.
Replenish on-the-go and during physical activity with Brita water bottles that filter as you drink.
Ready to use in just seconds, filters are a snap to replace and fit any type of Brita pitcher.
With the Brita 18 Cup, UltraMax Water Filter Dispenser, it is easy to drink healthier, great tasting water. The large, 18 cup capacity makes this dispenser ideal for busy families, sports teams and offices. Using technology which combines coconut-based activated carbon with ion exchange resin, the Brita advanced filter reduces the taste and odor of chlorine, to deliver great tasting water while removing copper, mercury and cadmium impurities that can cause illness over time. The Brita UltraMax Dispenser is BPA-free and comes with a sticker filter indicator which notifies you when it is time to replace your filter. Change your filter every 40 gallons or approximately every two months. This dispenser features an easy fill lid for no fuss refilling and it is designed to fit on the counter or in the refrigerator. By drinking filtered water, you are reducing the amount of plastic bottles that end up in our landfills and oceans. One Brita water filter used equals 300 plastic bottles saved. Start drinking healthier, great-tasting water with Brita today.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please read the Performance Data Sheet enclosed in the box for complete details.The Brita Pitcher Filter is not intended to purify water. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Individuals requiring water of special microbiological purity should follow the advice of their doctor or local health officials regarding the use and consumption of their tap water and Brita filtered water.
Your water filter system can be ready to use in a few steps. Wash your hands before touching the filter, then flush it with cold water for 15 seconds. Insert the filter into the reservoir. Add cold tap water. The first dispenser of filtered water may contain carbon dust. Use on plants or discard. Replace the water filter every 40 gallons or 2 months. Substances reduced may not be in all user's water.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Once I got this dispenser home I began to realize that there are pros and cons to its design, some of which may be difficult to overcome.
Here’s a brief outline about what I like and what turned out to be not so great about this dispenser:
1. The unit seems to be made about the same as most Brita filtration pitchers, which is to say, it is made well. The plastic is a hard polycarbonate that does not alter the taste of the water, is easy to clean and is relatively safe from cracking and shattering.
2. Part of the top is hinged and folds back to refill the dispenser (using another container) so the whole thing doesn’t have to be taken to the sink.
3. There is a drainage trough molded in to the bottom of the dispenser (one of the reviewers who didn’t like this product is not accurate about not being able to fully empty the container, the drainage trough permits the dispenser to drain almost fully empty. Look at their photo of the product … it is for an entirely different product that doesn’t even look like the one being sold here, apparently the dispenser has been completely redesigned).
4. It uses standard Brita filters which are available almost everywhere.
1. The #1 negative is the actual height top-to-bottom of the dispenser is about 10-1/2”. It is impossible for me to arrange my refrigerator to accommodate something that tall. Checking with family and friends most of them said their shelves don’t adjust that far apart either.
2. The hole in the spigot is about ¼” from the shelf the dispenser is placed on so there is no way to actually use it without pulling the spigot out over the edge of a shelf each time.
3. The idea of the hinged refill lid sounds great until you learn that it takes up about eight more inches above the dispenser (even more to allow room for the container you’re pouring from), so in reality you need almost 20” between the shelves in your refrigerator.
4. Removing the entire lid (like to replace the filter cartridge) is awkward. The best way to do it is to open the hinged filler lid to grab the lid for removal. That puts a lot of strain on the hinge.
5. There are no real carry handles on the dispenser, which can get heavy when filled with water. There are only two very small plastic handles at either end which are difficult to grab and make the dispenser difficult to carry.
I still like Brita pitchers and I actually still like this large dispenser, but with the caution that you will need a space to put it that is almost 20” tall and that you can hang the spigot over the edge of the shelf without it getting in the way (if I were to hang it over the edge of the shelf in my refrigerator it would hit the door shelves which are spaced the same as my interior shelves). I did find a handy alternative location but I would rather have been able to use it at reachable level on my refrigerator’s main shelf.
Pros: Large capacity, filter works quickly, low cost.
Cons: Spout is slow, doesn't allow complete draining
Cannot remove upper part to clean the water reservoir
Leakage around the filter, meaning some of the water doesn't get filtered at all. This can be fixed by wrapping a few turns of Teflon tape around the filter before seating it.
At about $30 for 40 gallons of water this doesn't seem like a great deal. However after the first filter is used up, replacements are about $4.33, bringing the cost per gallon to a little more than 10 cents. The filter improves the taste of tap water and provides a basic level of protection from chemicals and heavy metals