Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,469 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,743 reviews
on September 30, 2016
Love this purifier. Here's why:
- It is really handy and stores enough water.
- It filters water while filling and hence does not take long to pour water and drink once it is full.
- I love the fact that it has a tight seal and hence you can pour water while it is filtering and not be afraid of unfiltered water to get into your glass.

Cons:
Just one. Takes time to fill up. But I guess that's just how purifiers work
on January 20, 2017
I decided to use it for some time before writing my review, the lid snaps in place and I have had no issues with it, I have poured even when it is still filtering and the non filtered does not come out. I do put my thumb on the lid just to fill safe.
It removes the bad taste from my tap water, it is small and convenient.
on December 3, 2016
Great water filter. Can get replacement filters for cheap and has lasted over a year.

PROTIP - If you drink liquor, you can save a TON of money filtering your own spirits. Run a cheap bottle of gutrot through this thing a few times and it will nearly taste like something top shelf. I've done this, poured the cheap $10 filtered vodka in $50 brand bottles, and no one could tell the difference at parties. Just be sure to change out the filter if you do this.
on November 15, 2016
For the price this is unbeatable. I bought it in late 2011 and still use it all the time. I clean it from time to time to prevent any mildew, but it's more of a precaution since I don't ever see or taste any mildew.

There's one functional downside to the design. The top filter portion of the pitcher tends to try coming off when there's not a lot of water left inside and you need to tip it further than when it's full. I just hold it with two hands to avoid this, but the first couple times I had to act quickly to prevent it from spilling. So I dropped one star for that. But for the price, this is still worth it.
on September 13, 2016
Medium Sized so fits well in the fridge..... Saves big time on water, and can get COLD water from it.
Many are too big for the Fridge so the water is room temp. OK for Coffee but when you want a long drink.... this is best...
BTW My dog likes it too...! (Don't tell my wife)
on April 25, 2017
We have always had a slim design Brita water pitcher. Our last one lasted us nearly 8 years. Of course, as time progresses, it seems all companies do their best to make improvements to their products when they should actually leave some alone. It's like the old saying goes "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." This water pitcher is slightly wider than our last and the biggest design problem is that the pour from the pitcher streams out in three different directions about 75% of the time instead of a nice even flow as it should have. It makes a mess all over our counters and sometimes our floor. We played with the lid several times wondering if it was just our pitcher, but it isn't. The issue is the design - and it's a bad one. I'm giving this a one-star rating because Brita was willing to offer a full-refund, but I would tell potential customers not to buy this product. You will surely be disappointed.
on October 28, 2016
This arrived right away and works great! Standard Brita pitcher, easy to open and refill, lightweight, and actually filters the water very well. Post surgery I was extremely sensitive to tastes and this was the only type of water I could drink!
on April 13, 2013
I bought the pitcher locally because Amazon refused to complete my order of a pitcher and four filters (they sent me four filters and cancelled my pitcher order). Because I was stuck with the filters, it seemed easier to buy a pitcher at a greater cost locally, then deal with the hassle of returning the filters to Amazon, which they should never have sent me without the pitcher.

That said, the filters work very slowly, making the pitcher aggravating to use. In order to fill the pitcher, you have to remove the top and put water in the reservoir of filter, then wait for it to drain through. This is the time consuming part. The pitcher lid doesn't fit properly into the filter reservoir, and it has repeatedly slipped out when pouring water from the pitcher.

The former CEO of Brita, after selling company, started manufacturing another pitcher called Mavea. The Mavea pitchers, while a bit more expensive, have a pour spout in the top so you don't have to remove the lid to pour water. They also have a built in reader that tells you when you need to change the filter. Mavea pitchers have all the good features of Brita, plus more bells and whistles. I will be buying one of those.

As for the Brita filters, they do make my well water taste better and remove a lot of the rusty yellow from the water. I am going to do some research and see if other charcoal filters have a better micron rating, however (including the Mavea ones).

I will probably keep this unit as an extra since Amazon pretty much forced the filter sale on me but I am not thrilled with the pitcher or Amazon, at this point.
on September 19, 2016
We needed a water pitcher that would easily fit in our fridge so we can have cold water without paying for a watercooler and water delivery. This is just what we needed! The pitcher is easy to fill and doesn't leak as some of the other Brita pitchers do. The volume of water it holds is less than other pitchers but it's the perfect size for our fridge.
on February 22, 2017
Besides filtering water was able to filter out particles. The humidifier has discharged tiny particles and had to dust every other day. The tiny particles were eliminated, and back to my normal dusting pattern (what ever that may be :)