Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Brita Slim Water Filter Pitcher, 5 Cup
Package Quantity: 1|Size: Pitcher 5 Cup|Change

VINE VOICEon April 14, 2006
I've used Brita pitchers/filters for years. They used to be very good. In the last couple of years however their quality control has gotten worse and worse. The last few filters I bought all leaked large amounts of the black granules (about a teaspoonful a week). I don't like having black granules swimming in my glass of water. We're using filters to get rid of junk not add it in! When I contacted Brita about this several times via email they wouldn't respond (other than to send me an automated response saying they'd get back to me within a few days).

Buy a different brand. Brita is becoming a joke due to very poor quality control.
4545 comments| 254 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 23, 2017
Received my Brita water filter today and it's cracked in the front from top down to the middle. I tried to return it but apparently this item is nonrefundable. I'm pretty upset about it.
review image
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 4, 2018
The filter that I received with my new pitcher --never fit inside the reservoir white part inside the pitcher. We tried many times to get the filter's bottom cross indentations to fit into the reservoir cylinder shaft. We've had Brita pitchers before, and the filters fit in just fine, so we know how these work.
But this time, the filter was too wide in diameter to fit the way it should fit inside the pitcher. There was never a "seal" between filter and pitcher reservoir. When water was added from the tap, it poured right around the gap around the filter and immediately filled the bottom of the pitcher, instead of slowly dripping THROUGH the filter as it should. Wrong parts shipped together? Not happy about that.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 22, 2018
I could not separate the reservoir from the rest ot the pitcher. I tried what I was told to do ... immerse it in hot water, and this did not
help. First this happened with the "Metro". I returned it and got a more expensive model ... and it still had the same problem.
I could not return this one. I wanted one that I could give as a gift. Having this happen twice was very frustrating. I was assured
by the person I spoke to at Britta that the first one I got was defective, and this wouldn't happen again with another, but it did
on May 19, 2013
I bought it take to my office. It fits well on my desk and help me to avoid running to the kitchen or wasting time at the water cooler. Also it is great to store it at your minibar or refrigerator. I have not given 5 stars because I think the material is very weak, but the price I paid was very cheap. if you want quality there is a steal model.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 1, 2017
Very slim ...the only reason I gave a 3 star is because the cover doesn't extend to the entire top ....the spout is uncovered I have to use food lover over it
review imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 17, 2016
I've had this pitcher for about three years now and it is still in great shape. Apart from washing and changing the filter every couple months I have had to do nothing else to keep it looking and acting as new.
There are four parts to this pitcher, if counting the filter, and it is extremely easy to "dismantle" for washing (I have washed mine by hand and in the dishwasher). The main part is the pitcher itself (the clear piece) which has within it a removable white plastic insert (reservoir) that the filter fits nicely into. When filling the reservoir insert I find that for the most part it holds enough water for my daily needs. With a fresh filter the water flows through pretty quickly so at times I wait a minute (until the full reservoir is now half empty) and fill back up with water. After doing that the pitcher is at capacity with water.
After accounting for the filter the lid would be the final part of the pitcher. It fits perfectly into the pitcher and I find that it is easy to clean. The only time I feel that I need to hold my hand on it to keep it from coming off the pitcher is when I am pouring at an extreme upside down angle trying to get out the last drop of water, and even when I do use my hand it is only as a precaution.
I have had another Brita pitcher, which was round and held a little more water but I prefer this one bra sue I never feel I need to struggle and reorganize my fridge to fit it on the shelf. I feel the more oblong shape makes it more efficient space wise and I never wish it held more water. I use it daily and have loved it from day one, never regretting my purchase for an instant.
on February 8, 2016
This is a slim water filter pitcher that is suitable for either (1) a small fridge (NOT the tiny "cube" fridge favored by college students) or (2) anyone who can't hold the weight of the larger pitchers when filled with water. Filling the pitcher requires a different approach than with most Britas. The trick to opening the lid is to hold the top with your thumb against the handle (there is a small, white flange for this purpose) and then use your fingernails to ease the top off. This is not intuitive--most of us would just grab the top with our fingers---which results in pulling up the entire top (not what you want). That said, once you get the hang of this AND remember to do it---it is not hard to get the top off. Not the greatest design, but OK. My beef, is that the first one arrived with a broken lid---exterior box and interior box was fine---but the lid was broken in a way that left a very sharp edge. I contacted Amazon and was told I would have to retrieve the item (it was sent to someone in a Nursing Home), retrieve the packaging and send it back. One of the reasons I use PRIME is because I don't have time to fuss shopping, etc. Not for myself nor for others. I just ordered another one and had it sent (if it were available at local stores, I would have done that) and will toss this one. I am keeping the unbroken parts until the new one arrives in case this next one ALSO has broken components---eventually I will have enough parts to have one that is useable. UPDATE: The second one I ordered arrived in good shape. The lid is a different design---much easier to get off and on, IMO. The second one has a larger flange that you can easily use to pull the lid up.
on August 25, 2017
Pitcher showed up very dirty with black marks that could not be removed. I am sure it works fine, but the image of drinking water out of a dirty pitcher defeats the purpose of water filtration
on April 25, 2017
We have always had a slim design Brita water pitcher. Our last one lasted us nearly 8 years. Of course, as time progresses, it seems all companies do their best to make improvements to their products when they should actually leave some alone. It's like the old saying goes "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." This water pitcher is slightly wider than our last and the biggest design problem is that the pour from the pitcher streams out in three different directions about 75% of the time instead of a nice even flow as it should have. It makes a mess all over our counters and sometimes our floor. We played with the lid several times wondering if it was just our pitcher, but it isn't. The issue is the design - and it's a bad one. I'm giving this a one-star rating because Brita was willing to offer a full-refund, but I would tell potential customers not to buy this product. You will surely be disappointed.