Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1-Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,471 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,746 reviews
on April 25, 2017
We have always had a slim design Brita water pitcher. Our last one lasted us nearly 8 years. Of course, as time progresses, it seems all companies do their best to make improvements to their products when they should actually leave some alone. It's like the old saying goes "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." This water pitcher is slightly wider than our last and the biggest design problem is that the pour from the pitcher streams out in three different directions about 75% of the time instead of a nice even flow as it should have. It makes a mess all over our counters and sometimes our floor. We played with the lid several times wondering if it was just our pitcher, but it isn't. The issue is the design - and it's a bad one. I'm giving this a one-star rating because Brita was willing to offer a full-refund, but I would tell potential customers not to buy this product. You will surely be disappointed.
on February 22, 2017
Besides filtering water was able to filter out particles. The humidifier has discharged tiny particles and had to dust every other day. The tiny particles were eliminated, and back to my normal dusting pattern (what ever that may be :)
This Brita "Slim Pitcher" does a great job making nasty municipal tap water actually taste good. My daughter goes to college in a city that has some of the worst tasting water imaginable, which is unfortunate since she drinks a lot of tea and 4C drink mixes. Rather than have her buy bottled water, we decided to to give this filter pitcher a try.

Setting up the pitcher is fairly straight forward, but you really do need to follow the directions and soak the new filter for 15 minutes in cold water and then run two or three full pitchers of water through and discard the water (use for plants perhaps). According to the directions, the pitcher will be ready to use for forty gallons or for two months but we haven't had to change ours yet. This we did buy Brita 42432 Pitcher Replacement Filters, 4-Pack for when the included one needs replacing. Using the filter is easy enough and a full pitcher can be filtered in about 5 minutes or so. The pitcher itself is good quality and fits nicely in the small dorm-room fridge.

My only issue would be the pitcher size since it would not be big enough for our full family, but it is just the right size for one person.

Highly Recommended!

CFH
on December 27, 2015
Buying water bottle cases and having to carry them upstairs every week is no fun, especially if you drink as much as I do. That has been my struggle for years now until I decided to try this product which I bought alongside with the [[ASIN:B000EOOQPW Brita Basic On Tap Faucet Water Filter System]. The shipping and delivery were very fast. I have been using this for about a week now and I’m very satisfied with the quality of my water. Being a college student, this pitcher works well for me, from its size which allows it to fit into my fridge without taking so much space; and also provides enough water for myself and some friends when needed. Now I get to save money from buying water bottles and I’m done with having to carry them upstairs all the time. I will definitely recommend this product to anyone who needs a good pitcher of “small size”.
on February 8, 2016
This is a slim water filter pitcher that is suitable for either (1) a small fridge (NOT the tiny "cube" fridge favored by college students) or (2) anyone who can't hold the weight of the larger pitchers when filled with water. Filling the pitcher requires a different approach than with most Britas. The trick to opening the lid is to hold the top with your thumb against the handle (there is a small, white flange for this purpose) and then use your fingernails to ease the top off. This is not intuitive--most of us would just grab the top with our fingers---which results in pulling up the entire top (not what you want). That said, once you get the hang of this AND remember to do it---it is not hard to get the top off. Not the greatest design, but OK. My beef, is that the first one arrived with a broken lid---exterior box and interior box was fine---but the lid was broken in a way that left a very sharp edge. I contacted Amazon and was told I would have to retrieve the item (it was sent to someone in a Nursing Home), retrieve the packaging and send it back. One of the reasons I use PRIME is because I don't have time to fuss shopping, etc. Not for myself nor for others. I just ordered another one and had it sent (if it were available at local stores, I would have done that) and will toss this one. I am keeping the unbroken parts until the new one arrives in case this next one ALSO has broken components---eventually I will have enough parts to have one that is useable. UPDATE: The second one I ordered arrived in good shape. The lid is a different design---much easier to get off and on, IMO. The second one has a larger flange that you can easily use to pull the lid up.
on May 15, 2013
I got this pitcher to replace my walgreens brand pitcher, but I could not drink the water from this pitcher. I thought it was just me at first. The water tasted like poison, like what seven dust smells like. I thought it was just my water, or I got a faulty filter. Upon further examination I found that it was the white chamber of the pitcher that was the issue. It smelled so bad that just smelling it hurt my nose and throat. It smelled like what I have been tasting. I smelled the main chamber and then the filter, and neither of those had the harsh chemical smell. I cleaned everything with lukewarm water and dawn dish soap when I first received it, but maybe that wasn't enough. I am in the process of returning it now, thankfully amazon is awesome, else I would be out money for a product I can't use. On the plus side, everything else was good. I liked the pitcher itself, and it did not take up much space. :-( Just bummed I have to try something else now.
on February 26, 2015
I have been a brita user for years. I have one that I keep at home in my fridge, and then I purchased this one for office use. I used to leave it on a table in my office, but after a while, I noticed this weird green coating inside the pitcher and on the filter. I washed it over and over again, but it was impossible to get out. I did a little research and concluded that the only way to store this pitcher (whether it's full or not) is in the refrigerator. Otherwise, you risk getting this disgusting algae-like substance inside your pitcher. It really does make your water taste far better.
on February 20, 2016
The pitcher has a slim form factor which fits easily in the fridge. The only downside to this is that you need refill it frequently since it holds less water. It's build quality is okay, and the parts are easy to put together and easy to clean. For those who are worried about the little black specks that may have been mentioned in other reviews, I believe its the carbon from the filter itself. If you read the manual that comes with it, it tells you to rinse/flush or cycle through a few pitchers worth of water to get most of it out.

The tap water where I live is decent, and I wasn't expecting much difference in taste, but it was much more crisp after its been filtered.
on September 24, 2016
Great handy product. Readily produces all the clean water I need and is handy and fits in the refrigerator nicely.
on June 9, 2015
Let me be clear -- compared to other water filters on the market, this isn't a four-star product. I'm giving it four stars because it worked fine for my specific needs, but I'll try to make my situation clear: I have a mini-fridge at work, where I typically only drink a few glasses of water per day (most of my water consumption occurs away from work). I wanted an inexpensive filter for work. This Brita self-serve pitcher fits in my mini-fridge, and holds enough cold water to make it through my shift. Thanks to its combination of price and utility, this filter was exactly what I wanted.

However, I would never wish to use this product as my primary water filter at home. The lid is a bit of a pain -- it's a little awkward to remove when you want to refill the pitcher, and you can't tilt the pitcher too far while pouring, or the whole lid pops right off (spilling water everywhere). As advertised, it only holds 5 cups of water, and it refills relatively slowly (in fact, you'll have to fill the lid more than once to get that full five cups). Finally, there are some disconcerting black flakes (I assume charcoal) that appear in the upper reservoir. These never show up in the actual filtered water, but I've had a guest refuse to use it because of them.

The bottom line is that this filter is fine for one person who's looking for a bargain. But I wouldn't recommend it for purchase if multiple people will drink from it regularly, or if you drink a lot of water over a given day.