Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat, Black (Prior Model)
- Side impact protection distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion and contains the head and body
- Tangle free, five-point harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the bod
- Stroller compatible design; Integrated click and go adapter system works with Britax B-Series strollers
- Four harness heights and two buckle positions for your growing child
- Ships in Certified Frustration Free Packaging
- Tangle free, five-point harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Graco Snugride Classic Connect 30 (Price paid: $75, retail: $80)
Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 (Price paid: $120, retail: $120)
Chicco KeyFit 30 (Price paid: $189;, retail: 189)
Britax B-Safe (Price paid with stroller: $220- but retail price for stroller is $249 and $150 for the car seat while the combo pack is $336 at the time of writing. The $220 price I paid was on a super sale at Target that happened late in 2013)
Between these 4 car seats, I had to chose 2 but my rankings are as follows:
1. Chicco KeyFit 30 (easily one of the best car seats in the market for under $200)
2. Britax B-Safe (a close 2nd but installation needs a bit of effort)
3. Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 (Good price but you get what you pay for, very hard installation even harder removal)
4. Graco Snugride Classic Connect 30 (I unfortunately got the one with the faulty buckle that took 15 mins to unbuckle my child from the car seat but regardless I would tell people to pay the extra $40 and get the Click Connect. The Classic is just barebones, cheaply made and extremely difficult to setup)
Seat Quality: The Chicco had the best quality among the 4 and I even found that the should straps were fortunately thicker than the Britax which would always find a way to twist itself every time I used it. The canopy in both the Britax and Chicco is silent when you expand and retract them, but the Britax is bigger and had better coverage overall. Cushioning wise, the Chicco had thicker inserts than the Britax but herein lies the problem if you live in states that have very hot summers.Read more ›
We originally purchased a Britax Chaperone but after a few weeks of use, we found it to be too heavy and bulky so we purchased a Britax B-Safe. The base for the B-Safe is smaller and fits better in our Toyota Rav4. However, the B-Safe only fits in my husband's Acura TL without the base and we had to push the front passenger seat almost all the way forward to fit it in the backseat. If you have a small or mid-size car, I would avoid both Britax infant carriers. The are just too big. Also, even though the B-Safe is a little lighter than the Chaperone, the difference is small and it's still one of the heavier infant carriers. We do like that it clicks into our B-Ready stroller.
A few other cons of the Britax B-Safe:
- Sunshade is kind of small and doesn't cover baby's face well
- I think the handle could be more ergonomic. There is no comfortable way to carry it.
- Baby gets very hot and sweaty in it (I'm not sure if this is a problem with other carriers too)
- No head support so we bought a noggin nest-type thing to keep his head upright
- Not easy to use without the base. Difficult to buckle with seatbelt and didn't seem very secure.
A few pros:
- Love the safety of Britax carseats
- Easily clicks in and out of the base
- A little lighter and smaller than the Chaperone
- Works with B-Ready stroller
- Easy to adjust harness height
- Easy to buckle baby in the seat
- Baby fits until 32" tall which is a little larger than some other carseats so you can use it longer
We will continue to use this carrier because of the great safety features.
1. Works w/ britax b ready stroller
2. comfortable for baby
3. relatively easy to strap baby into harness
4. grippy handle
6. Clicks in and out of base easily
7. It rocks- (literally I mean) If she's still asleep when I get home I can bring her in the house and rock her in it to keep her asleep for a little while.
1. A little awkward to get in and out of car when handle is up (slightly big for our honda insight)
2. Front seat has to be pretty far forward to accommodate rear baby seat.
3. I wish the canopy offered a little more coverage from the sun as I use this car seat in my stroller quite often.
4. Canopy doesn't extend evenly- seems cheaply made.
Seriously though, do not try to install this when you're in a rush for the hospital.
I'll open a secret too, the button to "relax" buckle straps is hidden under the cover, somewhere between baby's legs. Good luck!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My son did not get use to this car seat, after one year trying I bought the Maxxi Cosi and he accepted better.Published 27 days ago by Tatiana S.
For my first car seat experience I have been very happy with this model. Easy to use and love all the options: the base, attachment for our BOB stroller.Published 2 months ago by Momma Molly
Great in handling with the baby in it. very secure and solid makePublished 2 months ago by Alfredo Canto Jr
This is a great carseat and i got it at a great price on here. I got it so i could easily use it with my b ready stroller and i have no complaints! Read morePublished 3 months ago by amanda cain
I love this seat. It's sturdy and I feel confident putting my baby in it. We no longer use it as he outgrew it, but I will definitely use it for my next baby as well. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jennylynne D.
I love this Carseat! it fit my son perfectly! The base is super easy to install. I installed the base in a 2012 Dodge Durango, a Dodge Ram 2013 and a Honda Odyssey 2015. Read morePublished 5 months ago by tara