Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat, Red (Prior Model)
- 100% Polyester
- True side impact protection distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, contains the head and body, and keeps the head, neck and spine in true or aligned, to limit injury
- Anti rebound bar stabilizes child seat by minimizing rotational forces associated with front and rear collisions
- Tangle free, five point harness with seven harness heights and two buckle positions for a snug and secure fit
- Energy absorbing foam liner absorbs and distributes crash forces
- Quick adjust head restraint and no rethread harness easily adjust the harness shoulder height and head restraint without disassembling the harness
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. This is definitely a large car seat, but I feel that the size is justified. With additional safety features like true side impact protection in the seat and the anti-rebound bar on the base, it helps put us at ease that we've picked a car seat that goes above and beyond the minimum standards for child seat safety. It weighs about a pound or so more than the Chicco, but realistically a car seat + growing infant is going to be heavy regardless. Save yourself some trouble and potentially some medical bills and only carry car seats when really necessary (and don't use them inappropriately, such as putting them on elevator surfaces or shopping carts!). Otherwise, use a stroller, infant carrier, etc. whenever possible. It's just not that great for you to carry any car seat around for an extended period of time.
2. This is one good-looking car seat. The red and black combination is absolutely eye-catching, especially when combined with a matching stroller like the Britax B-Ready Stroller 2012, Red.
3. It's very easy to snap in and out of the car seat base, as well as the matching stroller. Press one giant button on the back of the seat and lift up for easy removal from your vehicle. The Chaperone also comes with attachments that allows you to hook it up to a stroller like the B-Ready, so don't lose those! Once the attachments are installed, you never need to detach or re-attach them.
4.Read more ›
This is our second Britax infant car seat, because my older child was sitting in hers (older model) when we were in an accident. Another car hit us from behind. My daughter didn't even notice (until she heard Mommy panic). The car seat was in perfect condition (as far as I could see), but we replaced it as is recommended for accidents. It kept my daughter safe, the most important thing a car seat should do.
So, this is not for small people without muscles or people with tiny cars.
I also assume that every car seat does this as well, but you can strip this thing down to clean it out. We had to do so after a poo-splosion on one trip. The only thing that doesn't come off are the straps, which are anchored to the seat. But after taking all the other fabric off, some Oxi-Clean spray and a hose did the trick just fine.
If you're planning getting a Baby Jogger brand stroller, the adapters work but are difficult to get locked in place. It's a relatively minor hassle. But it's a hassle.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So as any soon to be first time parent is, I was pretty paranoid about buying a car seat. I couldn't have my baby riding in just any old car seat. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Jordan Wass
It's very nice quality car seat. I know that my baby is very safe in it. It also has lots of room, comfy for my son. Nice fabric, the same as on my bitax be ready stroller. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Natalie
Very happy with this car seat! It's user friendly. Easy to install. I feel like my baby is very secure.Published 20 months ago by Benjamin G.
We love this car seat! It met our needs for our family. Yes it is quite bulky but with the safety ratings I overlooked that part. We did use this in a larger SUV and it fit great. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Alison B.
Bit heavy and large, but offers great protection and is very comfortable.Published on July 7, 2014 by Fabiano Montelo
We purchased this car seat after lots of research. The top of the line safety ratings were incredibly important, and the anti-rebound bar is unique to this car seat. Read morePublished on June 1, 2014 by Michele
We've been using the Chaperone for 4 months now with our daughter and if I could do it over again I would go with a different seat. Read morePublished on May 11, 2014 by Tyler
Very bulky and the canopy was useless. Wouldn't stay up. Do not like how it fits onto the b agile stroller. Returned this item.Published on May 10, 2014 by mamaknowsbest411